Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Southampton on Monday

The last time he brought a team to Carrow Road with us playing poorly, his Swansea team wiped the floor with us 6-2 and our performance was one of the worst performances I've ever seen in professional football ever. Now he's coming with a team in incredible form, with Premier League players. 

Ominous. 

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

We just have to hope something comes good of it.

Ipswich going 3rd is one good thing that could come out of it, if Southampton beat us and Ipswich lose away to Stoke.

Stoke are looking good recently.

Not many Norwich fans had the appetite for Russell Martin as Norwich manager, but in hindsight that is probably the route we should have gone down, he at least attempts to play progressive football and doesn't seem to have the appetite to sign old players on short term deals.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On the bright side if the Binmen keep up their current from a tonking from Saints could well put Ipswich out of the automatic spots 😄 

Edit: @JonnyJonnyRowe beat me by seconds 😄

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

On the bright side if the Binmen keep up their current from a tonking from Saints could well put Ipswich out of the automatic spots 😄 

Oh yeah, forgot all about them.

Every cloud and all that....

• Like 1

To be honest I wouldn’t mind if we lost to Southampton, who are now only 3 points adrift of automatic promotion after Ipswich were held to a 0-0 draw by QPR

Toxic Monday coming up, but I expect some of you 80%'s on here will find a positive out of that performance, how I really don't know just open your eyes 👀! 

• Like 2

I'm not going, I'm having a few days in the Peak District. Glad to be missing it. Never thought I'd say that about a Norwich game.

As posted elsewhere. Saints tonight, 26 shots, 751 passes, what chance do we have based on tonight🤔😲

While some here worry about those scummy Binners i am more concerned about our direction of travel with nobody at the wheel.

2 minutes ago, Ray said:

As posted elsewhere. Saints tonight, 26 shots, 751 passes, what chance do we have based on tonight🤔😲

6-3-1 formation, keep it 0-0 until the 87th minute and then hit them with the 80 yard McLean ball to Adam Idah for the sucker punch.

That will probably be the plan, until the 3rd minute when Southampton score their first goal.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

It does beggar belief that we would rest/rotate players for a game we'll probably lose anyway

Agreed, our strongest side should have started tonight

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Maybe the storm will be bad and the game will get called off? Fingers crossed, eh.

Only prolonging the agony🤣

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

While some here worry about those scummy Binners i am more concerned about our direction of travel with nobody at the wheel.

Oh, we have someone at the wheel.

It's just that we have two punctures, a badly cracked windscreen, its raining, our wipers are split and with only first and reverse gear modes available, our managers forgotten to take off the handbrake!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Oh, we have someone at the wheel.

It's just that we have two punctures, a badly cracked windscreen, its raining, our wipers are split and with only first and reverse gear modes available, our managers forgotten to take off the handbrake!

We had Farke on a horse..

Seems Wagners got a donkey!

48 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Agreed, our strongest side should have started tonight

Exactly get 3 points tonight 

one game at a time 

i bet Southampton / Leeds / Leicester players want to play every game ,

we have a 20 year old our biggest threat and Goal scorer that needs resting after being on Wagner's super fitness programme

A bit of a 'hair of the dog' will be needed on Monday I suspect. A snooze, chat about holidays and the odd boo might be the order of the day.

I was then starting to feel almost positive after Huddersfield but Wagner is suddenly tinkering with an undisciplined rabble and we are back to square one.

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We had Farke on a horse..

Seems Wagners got a donkey!

And a panto Donkey at that!

41 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

one game at a time 

we have a 20 year old our biggest threat and Goal scorer that needs resting after being on Wagner's super fitness programme

...and Rowe went off a half time at WBA too !!

44 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

one game at a time 

You would think so although didn't really help Leeds tonight who lost 1-0 to West Brom with 11 men. At least we were down to 10.

I mean, Friday to Monday is no different than Saturday to Tuesday in terms of time. And we do the latter most weeks. There was no reason for so many changes today. We were getting our act together, now ....