Sign in to follow this  
Channon’s Windmill

Another losing run.

Wagner seems to be able to build momentum and have a fair run of results, but then has a tendency to oversee the reverse and go on a long run of poor results. It’s been the pattern as long as he has been here. Yes, I know it was only one game, with the majority of the game with ten men but I fear it’s the start of another poor run. Do not feel confident about tonight that we will get a result. If we went on another 6/7 games of poor results would Wagner survive again? January could be so important. Cooper is still available.

Edited by Channon’s Windmill
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Wagner seems to be able to build momentum and have a fair run of results, but then has a tendency to oversee the reverse and go on a long run of poor results. It’s been the pattern as long as he has been here. Yes, I know it was only one game, with the majority of the game with ten men but I fear it’s the start of another poor run. Do not feel confident about tonight that we will get a result. If we went on another 6/7 games of poor results would Wagner survive again? January could be so important. Cooper is still available.

We’ll win tonight 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Suspect most Norwich fans (if they’re honest) fear this, since we’re about to play some half decent teams.    That last run was definitely due to the poor quality of the opposition.     Yes, you can only beat what’s in front of you and yes, it builds confidence which is essential at this level but this squad and how it’s set up simply isn’t good enough!  

It’s quite something that people are already moaning about going on a bad run when we lost 1-0 away at a top 6 side, playing with only 10 men.  At least you could wait until if/when we lost 2 or 3!

With Hanley and Sargent in particular coming back, you’d hope there was more about us than there has been at times - these upcoming games could indeed be important to see where we end up.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

yes, I know it was only one game, with the majority of the game with ten men but I fear it’s the start of another poor run.

that's the spirit

Edited by Robert N. LiM
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Southampton, Hull, WBA, Leeds, Coventry, Watford all coming up in the next 6 weeks or so. I hope we don't go on a losing run as that will make play-offs extremely difficult. 

I hope Josh hits form quickly!

You 'fear it'? I think all supporters fear that sort of thing  to some level. It's all part of the uncertainty that makes it worth following to see what happens.

The question is, is everybody going to obsess over a fear for the sake of a 1-0 loss with 10 men, where there's no rational basis to believe it is more likely to be the outcome than anything else?

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

You 'fear it'? I think all supporters fear that sort of thing  to some level. It's all part of the uncertainty that makes it worth following to see what happens.

The question is, is everybody going to obsess over a fear for the sake of a 1-0 loss with 10 men, where there's no rational basis to believe it is more likely to be the outcome than anything else?

Personally I fear it, not based on that one particular result, but the fact it’s a pattern of Wagners time with us. 

11 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Personally I fear it, not based on that one particular result, but the fact it’s a pattern of Wagners time with us. 

So what do you think Wagner's influence is that has caused clusters of good results and clusters of bad results alternating to such an extent we should now expect a long run of bad results on the back of the last loss, or could it be that the pattern you're attributing so much significance to doesn't mean anything more than if you flip a coin 10 times and the first 5 are heads and the second 5 are tails?

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

31 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I suppose that fear IS rational if you believe, as many do, that there wasn't much in the recent 'fair' run in terms of performance levels to inspire any confidence going into a much tougher run of fixtures against (on the whole) better teams. It IS rational, the problem is that that rationality results in an ongoing moribund feeling around the club that feeds on itself in a vicious cycle affecting both players and supporters.

Sometimes I do worry there are certain people on here who seem to prefer it when we lose and who seem to enjoy the drama given just how empty and silent it is on here when we win compared to how busy and fast this place get's when we lose..

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Doesn't the pattern show that the losing runs coincide with injuries to key players? In which case the fact that key players are now returning to the squad, is surely a cause for optimism.

11 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Doesn't the pattern show that the losing runs coincide with injuries to key players? In which case the fact that key players are now returning to the squad, is surely a cause for optimism.

Was going to say, even though Barnes hasn't looked as good individually since returning from injury, he is enough of a distraction/focal point that others can get into the attacking fray. Especially Sainz.

Well, until Sainz went absolutely full stroppy teenager and inexplicably dissented a matter of minutes after wiping someone out.

I'm actually fully expecting a good reaction to Tuesday's loss. Despite Sainz immaturity (and yes it did cost us) there were things to be pleased with not least the return of Hanley.

3 points please. 

I think the next 6-8 games will define our season. 

Get through relatively unscathed picking up points where we should/could and we will still be in playoff contention.

I’m way more confident we will compete the rest of the season than I was a few weeks ago.

Hold it together through this period, get key players back playing and a bit of strategic business in January and we could inexplicably finish the season quite strong despite spluttering to this point. Outside the top 4 it’s a poor league and even those 4 have generally not been great.

• Haha 1

Despite the recent run of results, what I have witnessed in terms of performances , leads me to believe that we are no more than a mid table team in a very poor league. I certainly think that the team set up that Wagner deploys does nothing to help . To say that we don’t require a proper defensive midfielder is insane. How many of us are impressed with the football and tactics on display? I for one am not and the sooner we replace him the better.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Wagner's got to go he's to defensive with his shape we need to play more up the pitch more attacking midfield world help our strikers.

Under Wagner we have alternated between Top 2 form streaks of form and relegation streaks of form.

So whilst the recent loss is a negative, the good news is our form under Wagner during both seasons has generally been based on players available. Both our diabolical runs have coincided with a long injury list. 

Millwall away is a difficult game but winnable for us. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

There’s no way Cooper would come here. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I’m not fearing it at all.   Am fully expecting it and hopefully at some point, the club will finally wake up!    I fear they won’t! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

I’m not fearing it at all.   Am fully expecting it and hopefully at some point, the club will finally wake up!    I fear they won’t! 

So beating Millwall could relegate us?

8 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

So beating Millwall could relegate us?

I doubt it very much.   Nothing I’ve seen to get us hopeful though…. Time will tell.   I just can’t get over excited with this squad or manager or board.     I don’t see anything to suggest we are trending in the right direction long-term…..   Could be wrong, but I do expect this forums mood to have changed negatively before the end of January!   Just my opinion that’s all and I would like us to be progressing and being successful as much as any other fan.    

He’ll lose a few more yet before those clowns in charge at Carrow take any action 

10 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I'm actually fully expecting a good reaction to Tuesday's loss. Despite Sainz immaturity (and yes it did cost us) there were things to be pleased with not least the return of Hanley.

3 points please. 

Thoughts on that performance? 

4 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Thoughts on that performance? 

Poor, not good enough and we can thank Gunn as they had a couple of very good chances. Barnes attempt in the first minute probably should have been a goal and perhaps the games different but that's ifs and maybes.

Really disappointed that Sara played the entire game as if he was protecting himself physically whilst showing no intention of taking responsibility and actually playing a forward pass. A problem, when he's the one with the quality to make it happen.

Oh and Fassnacht doesn't scare any defenders. Too easy to defend against. 

Just now, hogesar said:

Really disappointed that Sara played the entire game as if he was protecting himself physically whilst showing no intention of taking responsibility and actually playing a forward pass. A problem, when he's the one with the quality to make it happen.

I couldn't understand why McLean was moved to a more advanced position and Sara dropped into the role Nunez has been playing. Just odd.