Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Baggies V Canaries*

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

Just glancing at the overall stats; I hadn't realised the two cards he gave to Sainz were the only two cards of the game. What a massive c*ckwomble of a ref.

Which other challenges were deserving of yellows? Or should he have given out some more just got fun?

• Like 2

Just now, king canary said:

If someone could explain the offside rule to Hwang that would be lovely.

they have, unfortunately it was Idah

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Which other challenges were deserving of yellows? Or should he have given out some more just got fun?

I saw more than one other person protesting to the referee about things for a start. What do you think? Was Sainz' yellow the only incident in the entire game that might have merited a card, and his the only protest that might have merited one? You're the expert, after all.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Its A pity our player got sent off- we could had got something from the game today- a bit unfortunate today has I tuck into my mince pie

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Just glancing at the overall stats; I hadn't realised the two cards he gave to Sainz were the only two cards of the game. What a massive c*ckwomble of a ref.

Doesn’t really change the fact in isolation both were justified. 

Yea the refs done us no favours, but Sainz needs to learn from letting everyone down.

14 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The fresh legs of Hernandez and Placheta could be very useful weapons. 

I'm sure West Brom will get some chances, but it's probably the best hope we have of nicking something, aside from a set piece with Duffy, Hanley and Batth all on the pitch.

The only chance we have of nicking anything, with Hernandez, is a plastic pen from Argos…..

8 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The EFL warned of a clampdown. What we have instead in practise is slightly less tolerant referees who are every bit as inconsistent on this as they are everything else. I just can't get my head around anyone shrugging their shoulders and just accepting that for what it is.

This is the kind of unhelpful black-and-white thinking that perpetuates the status quo.

Just now, unique said:

The only chance we have of nicking anything, with Hernandez, is a plastic pen from Argos…..

How dare you Hernandez came on and.. Fouled West Broms players about twice in about 60 seconds and then went and crossed the ball out of the pitch when we could have had a last minute attack

Wagner was just clarifying what happened with the sending off with the ref at the end, the ref indicated a card gesture and Wagner then agreed by nodding and walked off

Edited by Helsinki canary

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

This is the kind of unhelpful black-and-white thinking that perpetuates the status quo.

It's not black and white at all. Inconsistency is the very opposite of black and white; it's nebulous and confusing.

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

He really wasn’t, one person ruined this for us and it wasn’t the ref, Sainz ill discipline was ridiculous. I am sure a few of the seniors in our team will educate him.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

The west brom player who made a yellow card gesture..... 

There was a heavy foul on Nunez too, also a potential  last man foul on Stacey that were all a shout for a yellow

Don't get me wrong, if Wagner was replaced tomorrow I wouldn't be fussed. But I think hammering him today is harsh.

Some folk will stay on here all night moaning and groaning but I think  its best to swallow the defeat, have a nice evening doing something fun and move on to Milwall. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, unique said:

Yep, he gave the ball away every time he got it. He's useful when he's got space to run at defenders and he's not a bad dribbler in tight spaces, but when he has the ball at his feet and he needs to pass it, it's more often than not a write-off.

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

Maybe where their player showed an imaginary card to the ref?  You know, a consistent application of the rules? Or is that just me being an “idiot”?

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

It's not black and white at all. Inconsistency is the very opposite of black and white; it's nebulous and confusing.

Don't be deliberately obtuse. That sentence was exactly the kind of thing that you yourself were railing against when you were talking about football implementing rugby-style attitudes towards dissent.

If it's nebulous and confusing, why are you so confident in making a statement about referees being 'inconsistent about everything'?

3 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Doesn’t really change the fact in isolation both were justified. 

Yea the refs done us no favours, but Sainz needs to learn from letting everyone down.

Absolutely not !

Cards should not be used for non football actions. The ball was not in play at that time. No WBA player was fouled, attacked, insulted etc. The ref was fully aware of what would result from his cretinous action. Any sanction against Sainz should be off the pitch, hefty fine etc.

Okay fine. He's a great ref. Really amazing. What a great game of football it was because we had such a great ref.

Someone's had enough with rational discussion, then. I know better than to carry on engaging you when you become 'that guy'. Enjoy your evening, on to Millwall.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Don't be deliberately obtuse. That sentence was exactly the kind of thing that you yourself were railing against when you were talking about football implementing rugby-style attitudes towards dissent.

If it's nebulous and confusing, why are you so confident in making a statement about referees being 'inconsistent about everything'?

Be interesting what the fans and Butler and wagner say on Radio Norfolk

Just now, baldy09 said:

Be interesting to see if the club appeal the card.

• Confused 1

I'm not sure the sending off really cost us the game. WBA were well on top at that point and really should have scored at least twice.

Sainz was d1ckhead and no excuses can be made just because English isn't his first language. He gave the ref a decision to make and by the letter of the law he was correct and probably would have been disciplined for not giving the card. 

On a positive note we looked solid with Hanley and Duffy so Wagner has a big decision to make ahead of Friday.

I would expect quite a few changes for Millwall....

Every time we play a vaguely decent side we will not win with a Wagners schoolboy tactics. He really is appalling. 

We are wasting our season by persevering with him. It will be win a couple, lose a couple. 

• Sad 1

Just now, baldy09 said:

Be interesting to see if the club appeal the card.