Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Baggies V Canaries*

4 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Don't really get the criticism of Wagner, we were under the cosh in the first half so going three at the back wasn't the worst idea, especially with two games next weekend; very easy to criticise in hindsight once we concede. Coaches generally can't be blamed for poor decisions on the field. He was between a rock and a hard place there unfortunately. 

I think our best chance of getting something was with a 0-0 once Sainz was dismissed. 

We were under the cosh in the first half because he sent us out in his stupid, schoolboy 4-4-2 formation which any decent side will exploit by outnumbering us in midfield. That was tactically inept. You cannot win games with 25% possession.

He has then responded to us going down to ten men by removing all attacking threat from our team, leaving us to stick 9 men behind the ball for the entire half and leaving WBA knowing they have nothing to worry about on the counter.

He is tactically one of the worst coaches we have ever had.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

And you are the barometer of objectivity by which consistency should be measured, right? Or do you think referees should somehow be able to make decisions that everyone agrees are consistent? Just have a think about it.

Exactly, there are so many 50-50 or 60-40 decisions that even fans, pundits and referees can't agree on in neutral games.

How on earth are they supposed to make decisions that satisfy everyone when fans, players or coaches have a vested interest in one of the teams?

It's why refereeing is an impossible job and why VAR can never please everyone either.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Oh?  What would you have done, make perfect decisions with hindsight, as ever?

The ref gave the right decision based on the rules, the mistake Wagner made was taking Barnes instead of Macallum who has been absolutely awful today

I mean, what kind of two-bit troglodyte - even at Sunday league level - starts dissenting to a referee only a few minutes after going into the book for a foul?

Jaysus, that's amateur hour.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Oh?  What would you have done, make perfect decisions with hindsight, as ever?  He was going to be damned whatever he did.

Hindsight? I love it when the happy clapper brigade play the hindsight card, despite the fact that loads of people criticise these decisions at the point that they happen.

Do you guys just ignore that fact? Or do you not know what hindsight means?

• Confused 1

Got to say ref a joke for sending Sainz off for that . Several  players did that on sat at home to Huddersfield no one was booked at all. A final warning surely what needed. Is a ref gonna send off salah  or haaland in crucial prem match if they on a yellow and do that  are they hell !! . As for Wagner Can understand one cb being brought on and push Maclean up to bring on 2 so negative can’t see us getting anything from this now … 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Trust you to go for the snide comments. 

I await my next DM of a middle finger emoji with anticipation.

Hwang has been ****.

Strange to take Idah off otherthan to save him for Millwall etc.

WBA look no more threatening against 10 then against 11. 

Why is it that when Norwich play against ten men, the opposition always look so threatening, and when we play with ten men we look so timid?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I await my next DM of a middle finger emoji with anticipation.

Ah, I get it. You're just attention-seeking. Saddo.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Sad 1

Just now, Channon’s Windmill said:

I would say that Stacey hasn’t been great on the right.

He hasn't. You can see why he was 3rd choice at Bournemouth.

Referee last night 

**finishes applying heavy black eye make up**
**puts CD in CD player**

”I tRiEd sO hArD AnD GoT sO FaaaaR!!”

“i’lL sHoW ThEm! i’Ll ShOw tHeM fOr uSiNg NauGhTy WoRds!!!”

**Rehearses dissent yellow card situation for the 90th time**

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

I would say that Stacey hasn’t been great on the right.

Agree, but practically all of the threats have come from the right

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I've never pretended to be and am not required to be. Does your observation in any way invalidate what I'm saying?

What do you think? Are the referees in any way consistent on this?

As I said in a previous post, different referees have different levels of tolerance towards dissent and backchat.

Football is a game of human error. Asking all referees to make all decisions consistently is like asking players to execute every pass/shot consistently well. 99% of fans never notice the number of good/consistent decisions referees make; it's baked into the psyche to build a rap sheet against the referee and blame them for the shortcomings of your own team.

Of course referees make mistakes, of course referees are not 100% consistent. Your other post on the topic, about rugby-style refereeing, is bang-on. Sadly 'the game is too far gone' now for the FA/UEFA/FIFA to have the guts to adopt a zero-tolerance approach. And that inevitably filters down to what happens at grassroots level, as I know only too well – this is my first year as a grassroots referee after 20+ years of playing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Hwang on.

Idah off

This was just bizarre, Idah was doing a great job offering an outlet. Has Hwang had a touch?

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Hindsight? I love it when the happy clapper brigade play the hindsight card, despite the fact that loads of people criticise these decisions at the point that they happen.

Do you guys just ignore that fact? Or do you not know what hindsight means?

I saw no one make any suggestions re changes but they were bound to come. And whatever they woudn’t have suited.  It seems rather like you kept your powder dry so that you could moan. Very clever. Very boring.

SAD day play for city players- and wagner- they certainly know how to let the travelling fans down- they all need ,one of Delias mince pies to cheer them up now

Well, I guess it’s good practice for the defence?

Regardless of what you think about the referee call he has definitely ruined the game with such an early sending off. Thanks buddy, can’t wait for a female referee to do a better job than you and everyone agreeing it’s about time referees like him were taken out of the game👍 

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Presumably we must watch the opposition and knew WBA had Wallace? Even with 11 on the pitch we never got close to him.

We probably weren’t planning on Dimi being injured.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I saw no one make any suggestions re changes but they were bound to come. And whatever they woudn’t have suited.  It seems rather like you kept your powder dry so that you could moan. Very clever. Very boring.

If it makes you feel happy I questioned taking Rowe off on twitter at the time but then I'm clearly very smart.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

If it makes you feel happy I questioned taking Rowe off on twitter at the time but then I'm clearly very smart.

I said no one had made any suggestions beforehand. So you are backing up my point. Criticising afterwards is oh so easy.

Edited by Branston Pickle