Harry53

Has Knapper Been An Influence?

I can't help but thinking that the small changes we have seen in the playing style and upturn in results could well be down to Knappers influence. 

What do you think?

• Like 1

Another factor may be Webber going. If he treated staff like he treated the fans, maybe there is simply a happier atmosphere around the club.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

I can't help but thinking that the small changes we have seen in the playing style and upturn in results could well be down to Knappers influence. 

What do you think?

Maybe just bringing a new positivity to the building and clearing out the bad vibes at the back end of Webber's reign. Small things but it all helps. 

What @canarybubbles just wrote. 😁

Edited by Herman
Repetition.

6 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Another factor may be Webber going. If he treated staff like he treated the fans, maybe there is simply a happier atmosphere around the club.

Nah.

Maybe Delia giving Wagner a vote of confidence actually helped and then on top of that Knapper saying he wasn’t going to rip it I and start again overnight. All this added a bit of certainty following months of uncertainty 

In a way I'd be disappointed if it was. Knapper is supposed to be the big-picture guy. The difference he makes should be measured in seasons, not runs of seven games.

Think it's much more likely that the improvement is down to us having a reasonably friendly run of games. And of course the move of Kenny McBeckenbauer to CB.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

In a way I'd be disappointed if it was. Knapper is supposed to be the big-picture guy. The difference he makes should be measured in seasons, not runs of seven games.

Think it's much more likely that the improvement is down to us having a reasonably friendly run of games. And of course the move of Kenny McBeckenbauer to CB.

Maybe he could arrange the sale of Gibson to help cement this change.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

I think it's no coincidence also that the unbeaten run coincided with Nunez starting regularly again.

100 percentage agree. Criminally underused to date. He desperately needed this run of games and he’s getting better for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Best speak to Michael Bailey from the Athletic about that I hear has had an interesting article about the Webber experience that he’s not sure if he should publish or not. 

Absolutely in my view.

The reaction from Wagner after Idah's winner at Brizzle was from someone who had been given a well timed 'pep talk'. The goals against column was the clear and obvious thing to get right, which we do seem to be addressing now.

Webber did a lot of great things here and the summer transfer window wasn't as bad as some make out, but he did let things drift with Wagner in terms of performances and diabolical errors.

A positive start and long may it continue.

4 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Players returning from injury has been the biggest difference. Chief amongst them being Gunn, because as we all saw what the alternarive was....

Someone who needs to be shipped out asap, whoever signed off on that transfer needs sacking also. 

So many better keepers out there for us to snap up instead of Long who couldn't catch a cold.

5 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Someone who needs to be shipped out asap, whoever signed off on that transfer needs sacking also. 

So many better keepers out there for us to snap up instead of Long who couldn't catch a cold.

We probably already have better on our books in mccracken barden and reyes

• Like 3

18 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We probably already have better on our books in mccracken barden and reyes

Probably? Certainly, imo,

I assumed that Krul was allowed to leave (finances apart)  to make way for Reyes who arrived with great acclaim and write-ups after a quite complicated signing/route.

We have prided ourselves on our stable of young 'keepers in recent times, so Long's signing was a puzzle. Then to say he failed to impress is an understatement, he was just short of dreadful, but we were warned.

I'm one of the few who always preferred Krul before Gunn, overall, and believe we might well be in a stronger league position if we had retained the Dutchman.

However, Gunn has impressed a lot and the gap has narrowed to nilch, but perhaps we still lost Krul one season too soon.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Probably? Certainly, imo,

I assumed that Krul was allowed to leave (finances apart)  to make way for Reyes who arrived with great acclaim and write-ups after a quite complicated signing/route.

We have prided ourselves on our stable of young 'keepers in recent times, so Long's signing was a puzzle. Then to say he failed to impress is an understatement, he was just short of dreadful, but we were warned.

I'm one of the few who always preferred Krul before Gunn, overall, and believe we might well be in a stronger league position if we had retained the Dutchman.

However, Gunn has impressed a lot and the gap has narrowed to nilch, but perhaps we still lost Krul one season too soon.

With our desire to play out from.the back ,starting with the gialkeeper, sadly Krul was just too error prone and was giving goals away by passing straight to the opposition. I think Gunn is now the better keeper. 

It would have been nice to have kept Krul as backup, especially for those weeks where Gunn was injured  , but we can understand the desire to reduce the wage bill but surely we could have found better than Long

It's interesting that Knapper- who claims to be a football purist- arriving has coincided with two of our best technical players in Nunez and Sainz getting a run and improving the team markedly. Maybe Knapper politely pointed out that if you don't give the ball away so often, you don't have to run around as much to win it back. 

25 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

It's interesting that Knapper- who claims to be a football purist- arriving has coincided with two of our best technical players in Nunez and Sainz getting a run and improving the team markedly. Maybe Knapper politely pointed out that if you don't give the ball away so often, you don't have to run around as much to win it back. 

If so, that is a sad indictment of the current coaching set-up that someone has to point that out!

Could it also mean that once Sargent and the high pressing style is fully engaged that Nunez might fall out of the first eleven? From what I saw on Saturday, he struggles against pace.

Well it seems Flint Knapper ain't got no axe to grind.... ;-) 

He hasn't mentioned that any dosh has been urinated up the wall....

Tact and diplomacy may be just a couple of his hopefully many traits?.....