I think we should be bold and go and get Cooper now he’s left Forest. He’s a great coach, proven track record and more of a long term solution.

What do you think?

• Like 3

This thread title reminds me of the film Get Carter. The Michael Caine movie, not Sly Stallone one. Obviously. 

My mates and I love that film.The Michael Caine movie, not Sly Stallone one. Obviously. 

All the best

Big Keith Nott 

Edited by Keith Nott

2 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

I think we should be bold and go and get Cooper now he’s left Forest. He’s a great coach, proven track record and more of a long term solution.

What do you think?

looks like Crystal Palace want him for the end of the season

• Thanks 1

I think he’d be a good appointment. And I think we could land him. If we moved quick. Which we won’t. As Wagner has bought yet more time. Which I’m confident he’ll go on to waste. But time will tell. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I think he’d be a good appointment. And I think we could land him. If we moved quick. Which we won’t. As Wagner has bought yet more time. Which I’m confident he’ll go on to waste. But time will tell. 

That is how i feel ,

Wagner has done so well recently but i feel a long winless streak is just round the corner ,

i have always said he is the type of manager who will put these 5/6 good games together then have 5/6 bad ones ,

on cooper though i feel he will be so deeply upset by his sacking it might go on and effect his performance is he damaged by this or will it make him better ? 

2 hours ago, Keith Nott said:

This thread title reminds me of the film Get Carter. The Michael Caine movie, not Sly Stallone one. Obviously. 

My mates and I love that film.The Michael Caine movie, not Sly Stallone one. Obviously. 

All the best

Big Keith Nott 

What a soundtrack!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

What do you think?

1 win in 13 doesn't inspire much confidence and Forest's away record this season and last was absolutely appalling. 

• Like 1

Replacing Wagner right now would be daft, and sacking him because someone else 'better' suddenly became available would be totally classless.

• Like 2

I've never understood the Steve Cooper love in. Never thought his teams were particularly good to watch or effective. Not sure how much impact he had on recruitment but a lot of rubbish has arrived at Forest for a lot of money. They still don't have the players they need to be able to keep clean sheets in the EPL and I suspect they'll be spending heavily again in January.

Lots of players there we could look at though.

He will be a miracle worker to get a tune out off our Dads Army.  However might just get a style of play that will suit and even some attractive football.  In short supply since end of the season before last PL debacle.

No no and more no. Cooper hasn't really achieved anything more than Wagner has. Forest have been patchy, not to mention the fortunes they've spent. 

Wagner any day. 

10 minutes ago, crab man said:

No no and more no. Cooper hasn't really achieved anything more than Wagner has. Forest have been patchy, not to mention the fortunes they've spent. 

Wagner any day. 

So you're forgetting taking Forest from the bottom of the Championship to promotion and keeping them in the PL. That's after doing a great job at Swansea which was preceded by guiding England U-17 to the World Cup. I'd have Cooper over Wagner any day

3 hours ago, S_81 said:

2 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

That is how i feel ,

Wagner has done so well recently but i feel a long winless streak is just round the corner ,

i have always said he is the type of manager who will put these 5/6 good games together then have 5/6 bad ones ,

on cooper though i feel he will be so deeply upset by his sacking it might go on and effect his performance is he damaged by this or will it make him better ? 

Yeah, it surprises me people want Cooper when:

1) Smith was apparently an obvious bad decision because he'd just been sacked after a horrible run of form in the Prem. Cooper is in the exact same position

2) Some of the complaints about Wagner is style of football. Cooper plays a very pragmatic, "boring" style of football and yes, still wants his sides to build from the back but very slowly. The barclay currently boo that, every home game.

• Like 2

A Forest forum I looked at suggested Cooper's style is largely dull based on defence. Mind you they're not very happy with the Nuno appontment either.

To be fair I watched a few Forest games towards the end of last season and defensively they were very impressive. Not sure what has gone so wrong this season.

I can't say I thought his Swansea team were negative or his  Forest side that got promoted. He's not coming here so hardly worth debating.

Cooper style of football is pretty boring he is mainly a counter attacking manager. I remember his Swansea team being pretty defensive. Given the shade about style of play thrown at Smith and the demand for attacking football not sure Cooper fits that bill.

Not seen this anywhere, but putting 2 and 2 together, I think Cooper might go for the Wales job.

9 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

What do you think?

Bit torn. On one hand I like Cooper. 

On the other hand our players on the whole seem to want to play for Wagner and we've just manoeuvred ourselves back into play-off contention. 

Could go majorly wrong mid-season like Birmingham and Eustace.

And I'm not sure we'd be a particularly attractive proposition for Cooper, we're facing a summer of budget cutting one would presume, and he'd probably do better to hold on for a job with a club with parachute payments, or one that it generally accepted to be on the up.

Then you've got the question of whether jumping straight into another job when still licking your wounds is the best recipe for success, Dean Smith did that from Villa to Norwich and I don't think he gave himself enough time to dust himself down and get over any bitterness that he may have.

End of season ahead of transfer business and a full pre-season might be the best time to bring in a new manager. This squad isn't anywhere near as good as the one we had when Alex Neil came in and rescued our season.

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe

35 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

No to Cooper. Nowhere near inspirational enough. He looks like he's struggling to stay awake...

Will fit in well here then. Personifies our club from top to bottom and the fans which drag themselves there on matchday and in their armchairs 😉

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, it surprises me people want Cooper when:

1) Smith was apparently an obvious bad decision because he'd just been sacked after a horrible run of form in the Prem. Cooper is in the exact same position

2) Some of the complaints about Wagner is style of football. Cooper plays a very pragmatic, "boring" style of football and yes, still wants his sides to build from the back but very slowly. The barclay currently boo that, every home game.

Wouldn’t be my first choice. But as you know, I don’t rate Wagner very highly. We remain too easy to score against and too ineffective. The recent run has been very lucky when you look at performances. I really don’t think Wagner moves this club forward. I expect a losing run to continue soon.