BroadstairsR

re: Final warning.

31 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

What I called him was an anagram for Duke Scarf. 

A daf sucker? 

All the best

Big Keith Nott

Edited by Keith Nott
  • Haha 2

I think the problems have come from one poster in particular so shouldn’t be too hard to solve.

like others I read this forum more than the main pinkun website and TBH it’s my main source of news about the club. @cambridgeshire canary tends to pick up stories and repost them here so quickly 😂.

i can’t see another forum making it unless this one is closed down, and I’d have thought the ad revenues would make that a mistake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

I think the problems have come from one poster in particular so shouldn’t be too hard to solve.

like others I read this forum more than the main pinkun website and TBH it’s my main source of news about the club. @cambridgeshire canary tends to pick up stories and repost them here so quickly 😂.

i can’t see another forum making it unless this one is closed down, and I’d have thought the ad revenues would make that a mistake.

They could charge per post - @cambridgeshire canarywould keep it afloat on his own

8 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Just give us the names and those who participate in the Israel threads will message them telling them why they shouldn't. That'll put a stop to it. 

There's loads more likers and thankers today. It's like prefects writing thank you notes to the headmaster :classic_ninja:

I don't need to truck with that. Me and the missus had our engagement party at the Southwell Arms. We're practically family...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Don't mention GOVERNENCE!...

I did...but I think I got away with it.... :-0

That tends to happen when you spell it wrong.

All the best

Big Keith Nott

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, cornish sam said:

If the mods go down that route then they should also publicise any bans, who was banned and for what. Bans thus far have only been known about through hearsay and the reasons assumed. A few public executions would be a far more effective deterrent...

Nothing gets the free flowing debate going like the threat of lifetime bans.

4 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Nothing gets the free flowing debate going like the threat of lifetime bans.

Personally, I don't really see a point in banning people as it's so easy to make a new account.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Been lovely on here today, can't quite put my finger on why, maybe I'm just feeling Christmasy ...😏

"Welcome to the party Pal" 

Ho-ho-ho 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

But have you decked the halls? Are you enoying some figgy pudding?

No but I have ding dong merrily on highed 

59 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Personally, I don't really see a point in banning people as it's so easy to make a new account.

That's why the public execution works. It tells people what is and isn't acceptable and if a new account appears following the same patterns as the banned one, everyone knows straight away to ignore it.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Keith Nott said:

That tends to happen when you spell it wrong.

All the best

Big Keith Nott

If I'd spelled GOVERNENCE proper as in GOVERNANCE....I'd be probably be threatened with a ban....but I got away with it as I speeled it wrong....

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

That's why the public execution works. It tells people what is and isn't acceptable and if a new account appears following the same patterns as the banned one, everyone knows straight away to ignore it.

Or ban it again. Multi-accounting can be detected as it can be evaded. Depends really.

• Haha 1

As someone who’s been around a fair old while on here (coming up to nearly 20 years?!), this place is fairly tame compared to a lot of other fan forums. The lack of easy methods for posting images, gifs etc actually contributes to that, as it discourages short, snappy retorts and lends itself to longer prose, those without the attention span needed to converse in that matter get bored and go back to other forms of social media.

That said, the mods/Pete have ended up stepping in rightfully in the past to deal with posters who crossed the line, but they’re now just responding to reports and aren’t present enough on the forum to track persistent antagonists that are just goading and encouraging poor behaviour, there’s a fair few posters on here I’d just ban without a second thought and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

I come to this forum before I go to the Pinkun website and with so much NCFC media out here I’d be u likely to renew my subscription if they ditched the forum, but I’d miss the conversation and community on here, it’s unmatched by anything on FB or Twitter etc.

I get Connor’s point, it must be a nightmare trying to police this place as a casual 5 minute job every lunchtime. But there must be a better approach than just axeing it?

As a start, they could match most other football fan forums and ban/block non-NCFC supporters. That would help. Although we’ve had some great non-NCFC fans post on here over the years they’ve been vastly outweighed by the trolls.

Edited by Canary Wundaboy
  • Like 2

Agree with a lot here.

Especially about the pinkun proper. You find better written pieces on the forum than the paper itself!

Standard of journalism has divebombed to the point of clickbait, ad revenue and teaser videos. I'd go so far as Cambridge could get the entire paper out on his own without any noticeable drop in quality 

7 hours ago, Canario said:

Agree with a lot here.

Especially about the pinkun proper. You find better written pieces on the forum than the paper itself!

Standard of journalism has divebombed to the point of clickbait, ad revenue and teaser videos. I'd go so far as Cambridge could get the entire paper out on his own without any noticeable drop in quality 

You have no idea (insert winky face).

For the sake of clarity in this conflict-free zone, this is a joke referencing Delia’s agm response to our Connor – it does not imply approval or disapproval of the poster’s standpoint and does not require likes or dislikes. Normal terms and conditions apply.

Joking apart, I respect your viewpoint but there’s far fewer hands on deck in all ‘newspaper’ offices than in the past, while the unseen time consuming routine tasks are still expected to be completed before getting to the tasty stuff. Full marks for the clean-up of this board – it’s refreshing to wake up to find points of view being shared without having to cut through a wildfire of abuse.