I see this seems to be the current narrative across social media when it comes to binners trying to focus on the result of the match and their stick they are using right now to try and bash us with.

And you know whats funny? The complete lack of any self awareness. Prior to the match they had all the pyros out, bringing in all the local villagers to party and dance in the streets and were chanting songs about winning and quite frankly acting like it really was a cup final and like they had already won before the match had started.

And whats wrong with finding the result enjoyable? We fielded one of the weaker teams we have put out in a Derby for years, with players out of position, a midfielder in centreback, an emergency left back in, two strikers out injuried and even our captain out injured and pretty much playing somewhat of a B team. And they still couldn't beat us! They will tell you their team is the strongest Ipswich side in over a decade.. And again they STILL couldn't beat us!

So what exactly is wrong with enjoying that? If you ask me its bloody hilarious. Nevermind that I saw some being all 'they're celebrating like they won the world Cup!' When we scored. Are people not allowed to celebrate goals anymore? Are you supposed to just sit down and say 'that was indeed a goal' and show no emotion when you see your team score during a derby? 

And its now been almost 15 years since they last beat us, and I dont care if it was a draw I'll happily celebrate that. And you know why?

Beacause all in all today was indeed pretty ****ing hilarious and I'll happily celebrate thinking about all the binners spending their Christmas and New Years being all grumpy and bitter about the fact that despite their claims to be the strongest team they've seen for years

They still couldn't beat us.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It’s not about celebrating the draw though is it. It was about not losing our unbeaten streak against them during a period where they are flying and we are not. 

This draw will feel like a loss to them as they had all convinced themselves they were going to smash us (as I had). This was their best opportunity in a long time to put one over us and they’ve blown it - again- how awful!

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I see this seems to be the current narrative across social media when it comes to binners trying to focus on the result of the match and their stick they are using right now to try and bash us with.

And you know whats funny? The complete lack of any self awareness. Prior to the match they had all the pyros out, bringing in all the local villagers to party and dance in the streets and were chanting songs about winning and quite frankly acting like it really was a cup final and like they had already won before the match had started.

And whats wrong with finding the result enjoyable? We fielded one of the weaker teams we have put out in a Derby for years, with players out of position, a midfielder in centreback, an emergency left back in, two strikers out injuried and even our captain out injured and pretty much playing somewhat of a B team. And they still couldn't beat us! They will tell you their team is the strongest Ipswich side in over a decade.. And again they STILL couldn't beat us!

So what exactly is wrong with enjoying that? If you ask me its bloody hilarious. Nevermind that I saw some being all 'they're celebrating like they won the world Cup!' When we scored. Are people not allowed to celebrate goals anymore? Are you supposed to just sit down and say 'that was indeed a goal' and show no emotion when you see your team score during a derby? 

And its now been almost 15 years since they last beat us, and I dont care if it was a draw I'll happily celebrate that. And you know why?

Beacause all in all today was indeed pretty ****ing hilarious and I'll happily celebrate thinking about all the binners spending their Christmas and New Years being all grumpy and bitter about the fact that despite their claims to be the strongest team they've seen for years

Exactly.

I am very much looking forward to playing the return game at Carrow Rd. on April 6th, with the hopes that we have a full team in full swing fighting for 3rd and pressuring for 2nd.

Who knows, maybe the lack of an expected win for Ip5hit today and not breaking the 14/15 year drought at home, and following everything you outlined above, might just be the psychological seed needed to begin the meltdown of their season!

• Like 1

They lack the intelligence to realize we are celebrating remaining the dominant force in the derby and extending our unbeaten record. However I suppose they have only just discovered fire in Suffolk so maybe in a few thousand years they'll evolve enough to understand. 

They wasted their best opportunity to beat us in the last 14 years and shīt the bed. The pre match stuff from them was asif they'd already won 7-0. 

14 years and counting. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

It’s not about celebrating the draw though is it. It was about not losing our unbeaten streak against them during a period where they are flying and we are not. 

This draw will feel like a loss to them as they had all convinced themselves they were going to smash us (as I had). This was their best opportunity in a long time to put one over us and they’ve blown it - again- how awful!

Exactly. Celebrating them not winning despite everything being in their favour. 
wasn’t overly impressed by them either. I will be surprised if they get promoted. Leeds next week and then Leicester is a massive test of their credentials. 

It was a bit much watching the local news yesterday about getting all school kids to wear blue and how big a game it was.

My nephew was at the game and said it was like a world cup final to them.

We p**sed on their party which means I’ll sleep well tonight.

Just now, Mr Tea said:

It was a bit much watching the local news yesterday about getting all school kids to wear blue and how big a game it was.

World cup final you say? And they didnt win you say?

"Oh No.. How awful"

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Tea said:

Can you imagine the disarray if McLean had nicked it at the end?! Oh how beautiful that would've been to witness.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Let’s be honest, maintaining that unbeaten run means something. It hurts them, and we love it. But the fact of the matter is, that’s all we have to really cling onto this season. Which is disappointing. We should be much closer to them, the gap between us is a clear reflection of how poor this clubs been run in the last 3 years.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This is your best ever post 

• Like 3

We are celebrating a hard earned point against next year’s Champions League winners .

And don’t forget the Binners won the Fairs Cup in 1873 against Prussia. Mick Mills did co comms on Pathe News . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Let’s be honest,

Nah, let's not.  Let's just enjoy today. Regular gloom can recommence tomorrow.  Or even Monday. On the Ball, City 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Celebrating ? No. Laughing at a bunch of gob****es who had built up a mid season league game into a cup final, only to see them fall flat on their face

How awfully funny, to paraphrase a Radio Suffolk chap

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

It's been the best draw since that Klose goal.

That was all I could think of for those last 6 minutes of extra time.

what goes around ……….

Love it.

It’s an aggregate thing. It’s like a European two leg tie

we got the away draw and we are taking them back to the home leg, that’s a result in my eyes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Did they not see how Ed Sheeran and his mate were jumping around when they equalised! It was like they'd just won the league, they couldn't even win the match...

1 minute ago, cornish sam said:

Did they not see how Ed Sheeran and his mate were jumping around when they equalised! It was like they'd just won the league, they couldn't even win the match...

That the same Ed Sheeran who has said he fell out of love with Ipswich and only started supporting them again recently? Aka admitting he only supports them when they win? That Ed Sheeran?

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

That the same Ed Sheeran who has said he fell out of love with Ipswich and only started supporting them again recently? Aka admitting he only supports them when they win? That Ed Sheeran?

That'd be the one, the one that was a Chelsea fan until someone pumped millions of pounds into Ipswich and he realised it would be good publicity for him to have his name on the shirt ...

Spot on Cambridge. Does anyone really think that with a fully fit Hanley, Giannoulis and Sargent at Carrow Road that we wouldn't have won that? There are also other variables that they are missing, like Barnes only being back for a month after a long injury and having to play every game coz Hwang is also out, Sainz only getting his second start of the season coz of injuries, McCallum too, us playing Wednesday, so they had an extra day's rest. All that said, Idah could have put the game to bed at 1-2 and I genuinely never felt like they were going to win that - they created nothing in the second half. 

29 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Let’s be honest, maintaining that unbeaten run means something. It hurts them, and we love it. But the fact of the matter is, that’s all we have to really cling onto this season. Which is disappointing. We should be much closer to them, the gap between us is a clear reflection of how poor this clubs been run in the last 3 years.

Season ends in May doesn’t it? 

No doubt they play good football but how much of it is momentum from last season? A result like today or a few injuries will put a spanner in the works and watching them implode could still be the funniest thing of the season. 

and Cambridgeshire is right, we’re not celebrating a draw (although that in itself was a well earned draw) it is celebrating keeping that unbeaten run going at a time when they thought they had it in the bag 

• Like 1

I'll celebrate a draw all the more just to see them seethe in their $#itheap of a town.. throw in a 'Farke wink' there as well 😁

53 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

We are celebrating a hard earned point against next year’s Champions League winners .

And don’t forget the Binners won the Fairs Cup in 1873 against Prussia. Mick Mills did co comms on Pathe News . 

I preferred Mick when he starred in 70s p0rn videos, he was good.