Midlands Yellow

Tonight’s Matches

5 hours ago, S_81 said:

The nature of a defeat would surely to god get rid of him. There would be no excusing it. 

Don't think he's the main problem ,we really do have a squad full of **** .

1 hour ago, City 101 said:

Don't think he's the main problem ,we really do have a squad full of **** .

I said this a while ago and got shot down for it.
Oh well, what do I know ?

9 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yes, but on the other hand their making it look easy makes for an even more disgruntled fanbase, especially if this dire style of football continues. Defeat at scum HQ whilst highly embarrassing would be another nail in the Wagner coffin.

Another nail? I think we are onto 3 inch countersunk screws!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Don’t they get relegated to the Europa League ?

They finished bottom so no they don’t! 

10 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

It is the case that they are getting a lot of luck. As often is the case when things are going well. I’m sure they felt the same about us when we kept getting late goals and went up. A lot of those wins were pretty lucky as well 

Not pleasant to think about but that’s the reality Jim.

A few weeks ago some commentator said that no team had missed out on promotion from the position they were in. Of course most of us on here were hoping they might be the odd one out but since then they’ve carried on in the same way. Before the season started no one would have predicted they’d be safe from relegation after playing less than half their games.

Looking back I agree that we were fairly ‘ jammy ‘ with some of our wins under Farke and Lambert before that. In life we’ve got more important things to worry about than football. It’s all cyclical anyway for even the biggest teams.

Unless Attanasio waves a magic wand we’re probably set for a few years in the doldrums. It is what it is. What is most annoying is that the Yanks involved with Ipswich will certainly pump more money into trying to stay up next year.

The real kick in the teeth will be next year after they've gone up (and they will go up) and they make a better fist of it at Premier League level than we ever have under this ownership. 

Makes me sick that they've had the best start to a second tier season ever, after all the success and prowess we have had at this level in the last 20 years. It's not luck, that's for sure. 

And yet so many on here were so confident of us bettering them this year. We will be lucky to finish top half! 

Edited by alex_ncfc

17 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

The real kick in the teeth will be next year after they've gone up (and they will go up) and they make a better fist of it at Premier League level than we ever have under this ownership. 

Makes me sick that they've had the best start to a second tier season ever, after all the success and prowess we have had at this level in the last 20 years. It's not luck, that's for sure. 

And yet so many on here were so confident of us bettering them this year. We will be lucky to finish top half! 

As mentioned elsewhere it looks as though it will be their turn now. It certainly isn't luck and they've finally got their act together after years of faffing around with ****e managers.

Regardless of what happens to them it's vital we stay focused on what we need to do and don't become what Ipswich were. I'm not hopeful, as we seem pretty rotten from top to bottom at the moment,

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Don’t they get relegated to the Europa League ?

Nope, out completely they finished bottom

Maybe it's just me but I absolutely detest the number of Prem league teams with a ridiculous display of wealth whilst operating at huge losses that ruins the balance of the game.  This is why Ipswich doing well doesn't really bother me, in fact it's good to see and more relatable to where we should be.

In the past I couldn't even bare to see a picture of players like Magilton, Mings, Wark, Holland, but I just don't feel any of this emotion with their current squad. 

It makes me wonder if people confusing hatred with jealousy perhaps?  Or maybe as I don't go on other social media platforms i've missed out on a lot of the hate/tribalism already building between supporters.

• Like 2

Ip5w1ch getting promoted is the kick up the **** this club needs right now. Been drifting too long. If Attanasio doesn't recognise that as a major issue then proves he isn't the right hinvestor, but there again will Delia and Michael properly brief him on what this means to us supporters?  

Also I'm sure the Wendies regret selling Hirst to the binners now?

Ipswich have copied Lambert's Norwich Blueprint ,

Signed players that are hungry to succeed / playing as a unit not as individuals ,

us on the other hand have signed older pro's , Players who have played at a higher level maybe a lot richer due to PL wages in past and less motivated   

Throw in a young hungry Manager who is on the up and striving to get to the top ,

we have a Manager who has been damaged not holding down jobs as shown up as not good enough , putting together long winless runs at other clubs and was a one club wonder ,

i have a feeling that Ipswich will get a few to help the lads signings in Jan transfer window and be out of sight for us ,

How after all the money and success we have had are we now looking at the way Ipswich and the mighty Luton are run  with envy 

14 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Incredibly lucky and totally undeserved goal again for the scum. Just all going their way this season. 

Watford have been the better side this half 

Yep, thats 19 lucky games out of 21 for us now Jim, its an incredible run of good fortune the like of which has never been seen before. I wonder if we can be the first team ever to be promoted through just sheer good fortune.

34 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Yep, thats 19 lucky games out of 21 for us now Jim, its an incredible run of good fortune the like of which has never been seen before. I wonder if we can be the first team ever to be promoted through just sheer good fortune.

You are actually having the run of the ball a lot it seems, it happens and success breeds success, and you make your own luck so you deserve to be where you are.

There will be a downturn in fortunes, but the manager seems equipped to deal with it, and the handsome buffer of points you have built up should evoke success.

The biggest fluke though was getting McKenna, after goodness knows how many flops you have had in the role, similarly to our luck in getting the best of Lambert. It happens in football, things just fall into place and players fit.

There are elephants in your room and on your forum it seems..The backers (the three musketeers or whatever) are chancers, as is Ashton (see Stuart Webber) and that house of cards could fall at any time, especially if the Land of Promise that you are seemingly heading for turns out not to be the bed of roses that the Chumps has been. Investors are fragile beings  even wealthy US pension funds. There are changes at the top, changes in policy frequently.

Also, McKenna, if this success is maintained, will be poached sooner rather than later.  I suspect even Man U. might be interested if they continue to disintegrate the way they are at the moment. If they can appoint OGS then they can appoint KM.

Ipswich, like Norwich, are a middle-sized club Neither stand a chance when the big-boys flaunt their cheque books. Your club achieved little of note once Robson left, and it all culminated in administration and the miserable Years of Marcus Evans.

Don't be too cocky. Anything can happen in this games nowadays, and a couple of seasons is a hell of a lot of time in football.

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Ip5w1ch getting promoted is the kick up the **** this club needs right now. Been drifting too long.

On a more positive note, it's also a reminder of how quickly things can turn around. They've been a laughing stock for years,  but one decent coaching appointment and they're suddenly flying. Absolutely no reason that couldn't be us sooner than anyone thinks. 

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Maybe it's just me but I absolutely detest the number of Prem league teams with a ridiculous display of wealth whilst operating at huge losses that ruins the balance of the game.  This is why Ipswich doing well doesn't really bother me, in fact it's good to see and more relatable to where we should be.

No, it's not just you. The teams you allude to are the real bad guys. Ipswich are just our local rivals and a much more similar club to us than many would like to admit.

Of course it sticks in my throat that they're doing well, and I'm dreading the derby. But after twenty years of nothing, I'm afraid they were more than due.

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Ip5w1ch getting promoted is the kick up the **** this club needs right now. Been drifting too long. If Attanasio doesn't recognise that as a major issue then proves he isn't the right hinvestor, but there again will Delia and Michael properly brief him on what this means to us supporters?  

Also I'm sure the Wendies regret selling Hirst to the binners now?

Didn’t Leicester sell Hirst to Ipswich? 

15 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

You are actually having the run of the ball a lot it seems, it happens and success breeds success, and you make your own luck so you deserve to be where you are.

There will be a downturn in fortunes, but the manager seems equipped to deal with it, and the handsome buffer of points you have built up should evoke success.

The biggest fluke though was getting McKenna, after goodness knows how many flops you have had in the role, similarly to our luck in getting the best of Lambert. It happens in football, things just fall into place and players fit.

There are elephants in your room and on your forum it seems..The backers (the three musketeers or whatever) are chancers, as is Ashton (see Stuart Webber) and that house of cards could fall at any time, especially if the Land of Promise that you are seemingly heading for turns out not to be the bed of roses that the Chumps has been. Investors are fragile beings  even wealthy US pension funds. There are changes at the top, changes in policy frequently.

Also, McKenna, if this success is maintained, will be poached sooner rather than later.  I suspect even Man U. might be interested if they continue to disintegrate the way they are at the moment. If they can appoint OGS then they can appoint KM.

Ipswich, like Norwich, are a middle-sized club Neither stand a chance when the big-boys flaunt their cheque books. Your club achieved little of note once Robson left, and it all culminated in administration and the miserable Years of Marcus Evans.

Don't be too cocky. Anything can happen in this games nowadays, and a couple of seasons is a hell of a lot of time in football.

Mate, I have to say that whole post comes across as particularly desperate, and how on earth can we call choosing a manager a fluke!? A dignified silence is probably the better response.

3 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Mate, I have to say that whole post comes across as particularly desperate, and how on earth can we call choosing a manager a fluke!? A dignified silence is probably the better response.

There's always an element of luck in football. 

It's called a good fit. MCNally appointed Lambert after the Colchester debacle, perhaps he had him in mind before, seems unlikely.

Why all this highlighting without explanation. Call that dignified? It's cowardice. Explain yourself man!

14 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

On a more positive note, it's also a reminder of how quickly things can turn around. They've been a laughing stock for years,  but one decent coaching appointment and they're suddenly flying. Absolutely no reason that couldn't be us sooner than anyone thinks. 

It's a bit more than I feel - getting the ownership stabilised and sensible investment has been a massive factor. Whereas you look at us and it's a comparative shambles with the minority shareholder marginalising a significant proportion of the fanbase and getting on the wrong side of the local media. A decent coaching appointment would help, but it seems likely we'll persevere with the dreaded Wagner for a while. 

4 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

There's always an element of luck in football. 

It's called a good fit. MCNally appointed Lambert after the Colchester debacle, perhaps he had him in mind before, seems unlikely.

Why all this highlighting without explanation. Call that dignified? It's cowardice. Explain yourself man!

Sorry, they're the bits that I thought seemed too desperate. Just a matter of differing opinions obviously.

16 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Didn’t Leicester sell Hirst to Ipswich? 

Yes. Hirst was briefly at Weds but went to OH Leuven and then to Leicester. My binner mate was delighted Leicester actually agreed to sell. 6 goals and 5 assists already for £1.75m. Makes you sick really.

4 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Sorry, they're the bits that I thought seemed too desperate. Just a matter of differing opinions obviously.

Desperate about what?

Are you a binner or what, it's hardly clear?

It's football for goodness’s sake. and I am personally totally incapable of being "desperate" about anything that happens in the game. I was once so desperate about my sliced drives that I sought remedial lessons though, but football. Par!

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Desperate about what?

Are you a binner or what, it's hardly clear?

It's football for goodness’s sake. and I am personally totally incapable of being "desperate" about anything that happens in the game. I was once so desperate about my sliced drives that I sought remedial lessons though, but football. Par!

Apologies, no offence intended. I got out of bed the wrong side this morning and I've been a bit snappy all day.