Midlands Yellow

Tonight’s Matches

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

You are actually having the run of the ball a lot it seems, it happens and success breeds success, and you make your own luck so you deserve to be where you are.

There will be a downturn in fortunes, but the manager seems equipped to deal with it, and the handsome buffer of points you have built up should evoke success.

The biggest fluke though was getting McKenna, after goodness knows how many flops you have had in the role, similarly to our luck in getting the best of Lambert. It happens in football, things just fall into place and players fit.

There are elephants in your room and on your forum it seems..The backers (the three musketeers or whatever) are chancers, as is Ashton (see Stuart Webber) and that house of cards could fall at any time, especially if the Land of Promise that you are seemingly heading for turns out not to be the bed of roses that the Chumps has been. Investors are fragile beings  even wealthy US pension funds. There are changes at the top, changes in policy frequently.

Also, McKenna, if this success is maintained, will be poached sooner rather than later.  I suspect even Man U. might be interested if they continue to disintegrate the way they are at the moment. If they can appoint OGS then they can appoint KM.

Ipswich, like Norwich, are a middle-sized club Neither stand a chance when the big-boys flaunt their cheque books. Your club achieved little of note once Robson left, and it all culminated in administration and the miserable Years of Marcus Evans.

Don't be too cocky. Anything can happen in this games nowadays, and a couple of seasons is a hell of a lot of time in football.

I;d like to think the last thing I am is cocky and I think my posts on this forum back that up. I am very realistic and much of what you say is correct, things can change very quickly in football. For me it's just about enjoying seeing my team consistently win football matches while playing a great brand of football which is something we haven't seen for a very long time.

I take each game as it comes and know full well that most games have been close and we could lose at any time including on Saturday, I take nothing for granted in that game and to be honest I am actually fairly relaxed about it because its an outcome I have no control over. If the football gods are truly smiling on us we will give you a long overdue hiding but if it doesn't happen on the day then so be it, its just a game of football and life goes on.

I appreciate that Town have come out on the right side of fine margins many times this season but what I do find funny is some of your fans suggesting that we have been lucky or not played anybody yet. You dont break records with the number of points you have at this stage of the season because you have been lucky, thats just eing hugely disrespectful to the skill and efforts of the Manager, his coaches and the players themselves.

The Watford fans were at it last night as well, apparently we are still an average league one team and the worst team to grace Vicarage road this season ( lol ) and that includes the beatings of QPR ( 4-0 ) and Rotherham ( 5-0 ). 

I remember saying many times on TWTD during the Farke years what a really good side Norwich had and how envious I was of the way you played football, I got the usual 'budgie' taunts etc. but sometimes you just have to be honest and admit that you are looking at a good football team, even if they are your hated rivals. 

• Like 2