Sign in to follow this  
Positive_Canary

Police should rule out flares etc for derby coach arrival

Lots of talk about Ipswich fans staging some sort of 'Blue Action' orchestrated arrival with illegal devices such as smoke bombs and flares etc for the home team coach.

I think this is fraught with the possibility of things getting out of hand and spilling over to when our own squad arrives. We've seen this before with bricks and all sorts being lobbed at team vehicles before big games.

It surely can't be acceptable, for a device which it is illegal to possess at a sporting event to be carried, let alone used, to intimidate, or to create the atmosphere and environment which acts as a trigger for disorder. 

Not surprised to learn that a fanbase obsessed with the past are still wearing flares, but banning them seems harsh.

I'm here all week. Try the fish. 

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Not surprised to learn that a fanbase obsessed with the past are still wearing flares, but banning them seems harsh.

I'm here all week. Try the fish. 

Careful mate the Suffolk police force will be after you soon with their wooden batterns and pointy hats..

1 hour ago, Positive_Canary said:

Lots of talk about Ipswich fans staging some sort of 'Blue Action' orchestrated arrival with illegal devices such as smoke bombs and flares etc for the home team coach.

I think this is fraught with the possibility of things getting out of hand and spilling over to when our own squad arrives. We've seen this before with bricks and all sorts being lobbed at team vehicles before big games.

It surely can't be acceptable, for a device which it is illegal to possess at a sporting event to be carried, let alone used, to intimidate, or to create the atmosphere and environment which acts as a trigger for disorder. 

Good. Players need to know what they’re walking into. Should fire them up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Good. Players need to know what they’re walking into. Should fire them up.

Not if it involves things being thrown at the coach or players being harrassed or verbally abused on the way into the stadium. 

If Suffolk Police don't prevent illegal devices such as flares or smoke bombs from being used outside the ground, after having had ample  prior warning that this might happen, it will reflect very badly on them if there is violence as a result. 

Anyone in possession of pyrotechnics around a sporting event can tecnhically be arrested and charged. It is also punishable with a three month prison sentence and a six month banning order from stadia. 

4 minutes ago, Positive_Canary said:

Not if it involves things being thrown at the coach or players being harrassed or verbally abused on the way into the stadium. 

If Suffolk Police don't prevent illegal devices such as flares or smoke bombs from being used outside the ground, after having had ample  prior warning that this might happen, it will reflect very badly on them if there is violence as a result. 

Anyone in possession of pyrotechnics around a sporting event can tecnhically be arrested and charged. It is also punishable with a three month prison sentence and a six month banning order from stadia. 

That'll be an upgrade for them

• Haha 1

OP is a proper wet lettuce. Hopefully won't be many of his ilk going. Probably wants the fans to sing nice songs to each other and shake hands at full time. More flares and less NFN's with their hot flasks of tea I say.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

OP is a proper wet lettuce. Hopefully won't be many of his ilk going. Probably wants the fans to sing nice songs to each other and shake hands at full time. More flares and less NFN's with their hot flasks of tea I say.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

Oi!

3 hours ago, Positive_Canary said:

Don't me such a fanny mate.

Flares...Tank Tops...Dumbo collared shirts and platform shoes...a candid display of seventies fashion...

...but sadly, is the current fashion in Suffark...although a dozen or so folk have also been seen wearing shell-suits....

37 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Don't me such a fanny mate.

Well I'm putting it out there for Suffolk Police to make a formal statment regarding what people can and can't do.

Encouraging the use of flares and smoke bombs either inside or outside the ground is effectively encouraging people to break the law. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Positive_Canary said:

Well I'm putting it out there for Suffolk Police to make a formal statment regarding what people can and can't do.

Encouraging the use of flares and smoke bombs either inside or outside the ground is effectively encouraging people to break the law. 

I'm sure the Suffolk/Norfolk police forces have a strategy in place for the game. It's probably a hassle they could do without but it is what it is.

36 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Flares...Tank Tops...Dumbo collared shirts and platform shoes...a candid display of seventies fashion...

...but sadly, is the current fashion in Suffark...although a dozen or so folk have also been seen wearing shell-suits....

ITFC branch of Ninja Turtles maybe ?

At the 1-1 game where Max Aarons made his debut I took my (then 13 y/o) with me. Familiar with that area from business trips, we parked near the Ranelagh Road roundabout & walked from the car wearing yellow shirts. No police presence whatsoever on the mile or so walk to the stadium. Comments were getting increasingly spicy from supporters in blue, especially when we walked past home fans queuing to enter at the Sir Bobby Robson end. Still no police presence - not one!

It was only when we went around the corner we found ourselves 'the wrong side' of the police cordon. They quickly ushered us through to join the away section & we finally felt safe. 

Tbh, I was naive & misjudged the potential consequences that day. Lesson learned.

13 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

At the 1-1 game where Max Aarons made his debut I took my (then 13 y/o) with me. Familiar with that area from business trips, we parked near the Ranelagh Road roundabout & walked from the car wearing yellow shirts. No police presence whatsoever on the mile or so walk to the stadium. Comments were getting increasingly spicy from supporters in blue, especially when we walked past home fans queuing to enter at the Sir Bobby Robson end. Still no police presence - not one!

It was only when we went around the corner we found ourselves 'the wrong side' of the police cordon. They quickly ushered us through to join the away section & we finally felt safe. 

Tbh, I was naive & misjudged the potential consequences that day. Lesson learned.

"Comments were getting spicy"

I'm surprised you could understand what they were saying without the help of some kind of translation guide

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"Comments were getting spicy"

I'm surprised you could understand what they were saying without the help of some kind of translation guide

Like it! 

5 hours ago, Positive_Canary said:

Excellent will add to the atmosphere , i guess it will probably upset the snowflakes and goodie two shoe brigades  

• Like 1

It's as tinpot as tinpottyness can get but lest be honest here. They are desperate for a result against us and desperate times call for desperate measures.

Sad as hell, but there you go.

I also suspect the reason for it may backfire badly, forge a siege mentality with our lot and therefore probably end embarrassingly for them.

17 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

This is the biggest game for the Binners since we beat them in the playoffs. 

They are losing the plot . It’s like a countdown to the second coming of Santa. 

It’s certainly their Cup Final. A new tranche of young fans riding on the back of their only real run of decent form in over a decade. 
It would be great to put the brakes on what they have done so far this season and play a part in ousting them from the automatic places. 
Would love to see Rowe get a late winner before we all wipe our feet and go back to the city to celebrate. 

Ipswich town fans ain’t going to do s41t lol

bunch of mutated wannabe Londoners living in an honest to god post apocalyptic nightmare every day.

They are a really small time mentality, diet coke club apparently crippled in fear that they don’t win by a massive margin.

I truly and honestly would like nothing more than for the entire county of Suffolk to be accidentally dragged into a rogue man made black hole created in a physics experiment and that it later emerges that it was in fact generated deliberately to do the human race a f@&ing favour.

Edited by The Real Buh

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Ipswich town fans ain’t going to do s41t lol

bunch of mutated wannabe Londoners living in an honest to god post apocalyptic nightmare every day.

Not only are they a really small time mentality, diet coke club apparently crippled in fear that they don’t win by a massive margin.

I truly and honestly would like nothing more for the entire county of Suffolk to be accidentally dragged into a rogue man made black hole created in a physics experiment and that it later emerges that it was in fact generated deliberately to do the human race a f@&ing favour.

I'm beginning to see why your short stint at the United Nations ended so abruptly. 

• Haha 3