Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Simon Hooper

Anyone watching the City game ? Was that one of the worst decisions ever not to play on, or based on the fact he initially did play on did he cheat ?

Pep will be going mental in a minute lol

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Anyone watching the City game ? Was that one of the worst decisions ever not to play on, or based on the fact he initially did play on did he cheat ?

Pep will be going mental in a minute lol

I originally thought Grealish was offside - not seen a replay that says for sure. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

The funniest thing is he gives advantage, then as soon as he see's they actually have an advantage, he blows his whistle. The amount his bald head was shining with sweat all of a sudden suggests he knows he messed up.

Citeh need to look at their poor play, rather than the ref, for dropping the points.  Can’t leak 3 at home and expect to win, though it was a good watch.

Edited by Branston Pickle

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The funniest thing is he gives advantage, then as soon as he see's they actually have an advantage, he blows his whistle. The amount his bald head was shining with sweat all of a sudden suggests he knows he messed up.

They didn't. The counter was offside.

Just now, The Bristol Nest said:

He wouldn't have known that in 0.25 seconds though.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I originally thought Grealish was offside - not seen a replay that says for sure. 

I thought the same, but no flag and surely Hooper would only be guessing. If it was offside Lino should have helped him out to stop what was developing with the players.

Notably didn’t book anyone, that could be telling

A referee corruption scandal will be the thing that finishes the premier league, or at the very least lessens it’s current domination.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Have they shown that for certain?  I guess Hooper is a lucky boy if that is the case. 

27 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Have they shown that for certain?  I guess Hooper is a lucky boy if that is the case. 

Grealish wasn't offside. The assistant didn't flag and replays showed that he was definitely onside.

It's a curious one. Why did he play advantage and then whistle after Haaland played the pass?

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Grealish wasn't offside. The assistant didn't flag and replays showed that he was definitely onside.

It's a curious one. Why did he play advantage and then whistle after Haaland played the pass?

Will we get the audio of the referees or do you have to be a scouser crying your eyes out to get that?

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

We'll get during the next episode of Howard Webb being asked carefully chosen questions for which he has already prepared answers.

Howard Webb will probably be refereeing against the scum so we’d better be careful I guess

1 hour ago, The Bristol Nest said:

There was 2 playing Grealish on, makes it even more of a terrible decision 

• Thanks 1

Just watched along with the Sky pundits and they are 100% of the view he has got it wrong. Grealish isn’t off side . He plays advantage , then blows when Grealish is through. 
Looks like unmitigated panic to me . Hooper should never be at this level and wouldn’t be if there wasn’t a dearth of decent refs on the Prem. He has been sacked down to the chumps twice for whole seasons, sacked again after the Wolves debacle and will now likely get sacked again. 
He just isn’t up to it . 

How many more times ? 

Yeah panic mode from a very poor referee 

he’s played advantage; then must’ve had a momentarily lapse of concentration thinking grealish was offside so pulled it back 

17 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

he’s played advantage; then must’ve had a momentarily lapse of concentration thinking grealish was offside so pulled it back 

They are all mic’d up with each other the assistant would easily of been able to say he was onside. 

4 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

100% onside, not even that close.

So as he said play on, what the hell was he thinking, he blew when Grealish got the ball.

Haaland looks like he called somebody ( presumably Hooper ) a f****** cheat, I wonder if the FA will dare to charge him ?

If BBC are right, you could have let play go on, if Grealish scored a check for offside ( obviously ) and if he was offside you could still go back for the free kick.

The good news for the EPL is surely that will be his lot, the bad news for us will be relegation to the EFL. Any bets on this idiot taking charge of our game against those binners down the road.

3 hours ago, Yobocop said:

This is how it looked to me, he blew up either thinking Haaland was just smacking it clear or that Grealish was offside. The photo of Haaland squaring up to him though is absolutely immense

• Like 1

There was a moment earlier in the game, an offside by a country mile, which was left until the move concluded for the flag to go up. 

The incident with Grealish looks mighty intentional to me, with that in mind. It's a very, very suspicious moment- I look forward to the PGMOL statement.

• Like 1

“Good process”

I wonder if hooper is leading the apology rankings? He certainly has had some high profile **** ups. There seriously must be no ref pipeline at all for him to still be in the game. 

yes it was a mistake but the pictures of Haarland show a player who should be sent off for his reaction clearly abusing the ref

followed by half the team being booked for intimidation I thought only the captain was suposed to talk to the ref

3 minutes ago, Paul101 said:

yes it was a mistake but the pictures of Haarland show a player who should be sent off for his reaction clearly abusing the ref

followed by half the team being booked for intimidation I thought only the captain was suposed to talk to the ref

I think Hooper knew he'd made a mistake and decided not to compound it by sending Haaland off. 

It is extraordinary that he is allowed to ref in the Premier League. He was out of his depth in the Championship. 

Ironically he was getting praise for having had a good game up until that late incident. Seems incapable of getting through 90 minutes without some sort of howler. 

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Ironically he was getting praise for having had a good game up until that late incident. Seems incapable of getting through 90 minutes without some sort of howler. 

Thought you were on about our defence then 

12 hours ago, AJ said:

This is how it looked to me, he blew up either thinking Haaland was just smacking it clear or that Grealish was offside. The photo of Haaland squaring up to him though is absolutely immense

May be an image of 1 person, playing football, playing American football and text