The Real Buh

Delia Out - Strategy Thread

I don’t think there’s any need to push, the door is open and the change will come, the debt and structure of the loans are set up for trigger event at which ever point MA want to pull the trigger!

MA being clever, he’s being polite to an owner who still has a lot of respect and love from the fans and he doesn’t want to be seen as aggressive and alienate any part of his potential income stream! 
Should the crown of 20% turn out to be 80% as some think, then I’m sure he’d give the current 40% shareholders a way out in a very positive manner.

As much as I do like to wind up those who utterly will not have a bad word said about MWJ & DS, they’ve been at best decent custodians and deserve thanks for their time, they haven’t done it for spite but, just the love of the club, some like to think they’ve gain massively, too a degree they have,  from being linked and have had the perks which come along with ownership for 28 years! I’m sure they’ve done everything in their view the right way and some including me have rightly questioned on here if some choices have been right and when pressed you can see Delia has a very fiery personality when challenged, she will go on the offensive and say things some get offended by, but in reality it’s pretty much a human trait, but sometimes it’s best not to say anything just think it!

I’m sorry but there’s no need for more of this type of thread, results in the next three games will do that job! If we don’t win and get tonked  by the binners the next home game after might be the start of the 80% letting the board blonde that the change needs to be accelerated.

But in all this DS & MWJ shouldn’t be made to look like the evil pantomime villains, they have done their best in their minds and they put the money in to have that control. When they go from the board it will be with my thanks and I hope they get a lifetime of love from us fans, they deserve that much regardless of this current situation.

Edited by Indy
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Indy said:

I don’t think there’s any need to push, the door is open and the change will come, the debt and structure of the loans are set up for trigger event at which ever point MA want to pull the trigger!

MA being clever, he’s being polite to an owner who still has a lot of respect and love from the fans and he doesn’t want to be seen as aggressive and alienate any part of his potential income stream! 
Should the crown of 20% turn out to be 80% as some think, then I’m sure he’d give the current 40% shareholders a way out in a very positive manner.

As much as I do like to wind up those who utterly will not have a bad word said about MWJ & DS, they’ve been at best decent custodians and deserve thanks for their time, they haven’t done it for spite but, just the love of the club, some like to think they’ve gain massively, too a degree they have,  from being linked and have had the perks which come along with ownership for 28 years! I’m sure they’ve done everything in their view the right way and some including me have rightly questioned on here if some choices have been right and when pressed you can see Delia has a very fiery personality when challenged, she will go on the offensive and say things some get offended by, but in reality it’s pretty much a human trait, but sometimes it’s best not to say anything just think it!

I’m sorry but there’s no need for more of this type of thread, results in the next three games will do that job! If we don’t win and get tonked  by the binners the next home game after might be the start of the 80% letting the board blonde that the change needs to be accelerated.

But in all this DS & MWJ shouldn’t be made to look like the evil pantomime villains, they have done their best in their minds and they put the money in to have that control. When they go from the board it will be with my thanks and I hope they get a lifetime of love from us fans, they deserve that much regardless of this current situation.

Of course, you’re mostly right. If MA wasn’t sat next to them, then things would be very different, and things would need to be forced. But it is happening, and likely much sooner than 2-3 years.

However, you mention spite, I honestly feel there is some spite and resentment towards the fan base. Listening to her comments, it was like listening to Webber. He’s certainly left an impression on her. Does it matter? Well I guess it’s just embarrassing more than anything.. and matters less since change is happening. I would think MA will do everything to keep her away from public speaking until the takeover is complete.

This thread has very much exposed the “durrr she’s going anyway doofus” people

Almost as if it was

by design

to do that.

If she left this afternoon it’s too late. The “she’s going” people, I’m afraid you’ve quite lost it.

This thread has depressed me even more than recent results. It makes it clear that there is no chance of anything changing in the near future. She can insult us, rub our noses in the dirt, and here people are queuing up to say they won't do anything about it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

No. This lady and her husband deserve much better than this. Get a life and organise a petition or something, not a public humiliation for someone who has given so much time, love and commitment to the club. I am totally certain we would not have had all the ups we have had without her.

Things are moving behind the scenes, just let it happen and keep YOUR ego to yourself. 

Why? Surely that works both ways in that ALL fans deserve respect too. She took the gloves off, so it’s time to give her some stick I’m afraid! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Why? Surely that works both ways in that ALL fans deserve respect too. She took the gloves off, so it’s time to give her some stick I’m afraid! 

She asked for it

it didn’t have to be like this

• Like 1

I thought that this was a windup at first but sadly I think you are serious.
Like her or not she has looked after this club for many many years and deserves some respect.

Fair enough if you think she should seriously think of handing over to somebody else but your proposal is out of order.

She was right there are a lot of whingers,you only have to read the posts on this forum.

Edited by Grumpy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

I thought that this was a windup at first but sadly I think you are serious.
Like her or not she has looked after this club for many many years and deserves some respect.

Fair enough if you think she should seriously think of handing over to somebody else but your proposal is out of order.

I quite suspect you’d be happy with the status quo forever

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I quite suspect you’d be happy with the status quo forever

No I will let things take their course 

A statue of Delia may I suggest outside of the main entrance to the City Stand.....and employ the same individual to make it that did this one of Ronaldo.....Protests over Cristiano Ronaldo statue in former Portuguese colony of Goa |  India | The Guardian

It'd be an absolute hoot....

I'm old and life has taught me this lesson. When things are bad and something needs to be done, most people will find spurious reasons for not putting their heads above the parapet. In this case, apparently, we must remember all the good things she has done for the club (which I accept) but we mustn't upset her by saying nasty things about her in public. What do you think she did to us at the AGM - blow kisses?

Oh, but when something is achieved by the people who put their heads above the parapet, the parasites will then quite happily take the benefits and even claim that they were in the vanguard of change.

Division One is where we're going and judging by this, Division One is where we deserve to be.

Edited by canarybubbles
  • Like 1

Of cause there will be no protest from the travelling fans  more like slight boos thats all city away  fans do and then phone canary call to say how Delia been ill treated

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

I'm old and life has taught me this lesson. When things are bad and something needs to be done, most people will find spurious reasons for not putting their heads above the parapet. In this case, apparently, we must remember all the good things she has done for the club (which I accept) but we mustn't upset her by saying nasty things about her in public. What do you think she did to us at the AGM - blow kisses?

Oh, but when something is achieved by the people who put their heads above the parapet, the parasites will then quite happily take the benefits and even claim that they were in the vanguard of change.

Division One is where we're going and judging by this, Division One is where we deserve to be.

A sobering, necessary post

8 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

No I will let things take their course 

That is exactly the same my man

your name is grumpy and I suspect you enjoy being so

8 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

A statue of Delia may I suggest outside of the main entrance to the City Stand.....and employ the same individual to make it that did this one of Ronaldo.....Protests over Cristiano Ronaldo statue in former Portuguese colony of Goa |  India | The Guardian

It'd be an absolute hoot....

I suspect Delia will commission a statue of Stuart Webber before the end of the season

4 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I'd really rather not become a club that 'achieves' things by abusing 80 year olds who have devoted decades of their life and finances to this club.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

I suspect Delia will commission a statue of Stuart Webber before the end of the season

With a certain xG obsessed posters feet hanging out of Stu's backside....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

No , we should go to Ipswich for a fun day out no matter what and if we lose , clap every goal conceded,  applaud at the end no matter what.  She will know what it means. Don't turn in front of Ipswich fans.  

Love it :)😊 

As has been proved at other Clubs, eg Reading, be careful what you wish for.  As has been said, things are moving regarding the take over so need to become so spiteful and hurtful.  Just think what the national media would think of Norwich fans and what such a demonstration would do to our reputation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

With a certain xG obsessed posters feet hanging out of Stu's backside....

Awhh. Rent free, you are cute.

On 03/12/2023 at 12:42, canarybubbles said:

I really don't think we're getting relegated.

As for people not doing things, of course you're right. But @The Real Buh is just as guilty of doing nothing, unless he made his voice heard at Bristol away yesterday? Starting a thread on a forum does not = doing something.

7 minutes ago, Myra Hawtree said:

As has been proved at other Clubs, eg Reading, be careful what you wish for.  As has been said, things are moving regarding the take over so need to become so spiteful and hurtful.  Just think what the national media would think of Norwich fans and what such a demonstration would do to our reputation.

Nice little Norwich reputation, 3 years to hopefully get rid, we are very careful I think! 

6 minutes ago, Myra Hawtree said:

Makes no difference now, we already have MA in line.

Smith just needs to manage her exit strategy and we can all wave her off with fond memories.

Norwich fans have never been unreasonable for no purpose. It's really down to her.

• Like 1

I realise I'm helping keep this thread at the top of the board, but really, there's only one ego that needs to be confronted and that is the ego belonging to the original poster. The approach he is taking to this is way out of line with any kind of general decency and respect for what DS/MJW have done for the club over 28 years.

Trouble is, the more you confront him, the more it gives him ammunition to keep pushing his rather sad attitude to a situation that is resolving itself anyway.  As @Myra Hawtree has just said, we have a reputation as a club and fans - and it is a good one - don't ruin it by being a d*ck and inciting unecessary bitterness. 

Their tenure as owners has been a big mix of good and bad - some fantastic memories and unforgettable occasions - and they are moving on anyway - so what is the point of all this angst?

None at all......it's just Buh banging on about something again, best ignore him I suppose and he might go away.

• Like 2