Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Worse keepers than Long?...

He's definitely in some sorry company. 

How on earth anyone at the club thought he was a good option is beyond me. 

Should of got Vigiroux from Leighton orient, Burnley snapped him up though. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

I said at the time we should have signed John Ruddy instead.
Long is a league one goalkeeper at best, mind you so is most the rest of our team

That’s just so far wrong- first goal he should probably get to, but can’t be blamed for the other two: the third he made a good initial save for.

And as for quoting Millwall fans, just @&!* off.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Simon Tracey

Theoklitos

....struggling after that

Gloves made of wet soap,  may aswell kept McGovern

If Gunn isnt fit at the weekend, play Reyes

Cant play this guy again

I can’t really think of one other than Theodropacross, think he played once and conceded 7!

Makes some easy saves look spectacular but he hasn't come close to saving anything beyond what you would expect an average Championship GK to save. He is good enough to be a regular in L1 or a lower Championship team's backup GK but given how many good GK's there are out there and our recent level of being a top Championship/bottom PL team it's more a failure of scouting and recruitment that we've ended up with him as a backup. He should be Millwall or Huddersfield's no.2, not ours. Championship backup GK's are never anything special but we could have and should have done better. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Can't say the Millwall fans didn't warn us. Barring Theoklitus he's the worst I can remember 

We're not allowed to listen to millwall fans according to Branston 😜

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s just so far wrong- first goal he should probably get to, but can’t be blamed for the other two: the third he made a good initial save for.

If he did make mistakes they were minimal compared with the rest of the side. Arguably he was our MOM.

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

He also thinks he wasn't at fault for the winner, hence why I've ignored that comment from him 😅

• Haha 1

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Listen to them all you want - I prefer to trust my own judgement and not a kneejerk reaction. The guy I sit next to at FCR is an ex keeper and he reckons Long has done little wrong. I’ll trust him over you lot any day. 

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

He also thinks he wasn't at fault for the winner, hence why I've ignored that comment from him 😅

Ignore away.  Doesn’t make it wrong.  Why no blame for the non existent defence?

11 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Should of got Vigiroux from Leighton orient, Burnley snapped him up though. 

Puzzled by this keeper business, is Reyes not worth a go? Long looks sort of uninspiring. Did Vigiroux transfer from local rivals Leyton Orient? 

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Listen to them all you want - I prefer to trust my own judgement and not a kneejerk reaction. The guy I sit next to at FCR is an ex keeper and he reckons Long has done little wrong. I’ll trust him over you lot any day. 

So listening to someone else's opinion is trusting your own judgement is it?... 🤔🤔 

I trust my judgment as someone who played in goal at local level and I have zero trust in long in goal what so ever. 

• Like 1

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Ignore away.  Doesn’t make it wrong.  Why no blame for the non existent defence?

Who says I didn't put blame on the reaction of the defence too? But any half decent keeper holds that or at least doesn't palm it straight back into the danger zone, just rubbish goalkeeping 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

So listening to someone else's opinion is trusting your own judgement is it?... 🤔🤔 

I trust my judgment as someone who played in goal at local level and I have zero trust in long in goal what so ever. 

Do I trust my judgement and that of an ex pro over Neanderthal Millwall fans? Yes. 100%.

You’re entitled to an opinion, but I’m not, it seems.

Edit: laugh away, it doesn’t make you right

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

He looked at fault for at least 2 of the goals. Everything goes through him.

Can't wait for Gunny to be back.

Not everything. Those that don’t go through him tend to bounce off him and go straight to an opposition player. 

Edited by mrdi

41 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

"third he made a good save for"   Not sure what game you were watching little pickle but that should have been pushed wide or out for a corner not back to their forward.  You seem very defensive about George.  He was pitiful

Fair to say Krul and Gunn to Gunn and Long is a bigger downgrade than we might have realised.

Genuinely believe we wouldn't be shipping the ****e we are shipping right now if someone with Krul's personality was between the sticks.

7 minutes ago, City Stand Ultra said:

"third he made a good save for"   Not sure what game you were watching little pickle but that should have been pushed wide or out for a corner not back to their forward.  You seem very defensive about George.  He was pitiful

Not at all - just in a melee of people finding their new scapegoat, someone trying to suggest mitigation sounds like an apologist.  Imo he hasn’t done that much wrong, and no keeper is perfect. I don’t overly blame him for the third, but I seem alone in that.  I can live with it.

And you don’t need to be condescending.

Edited by Branston Pickle