Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Todays presser - Injuries

Barnes fit and available to start

Rowe - touch and go but possible doubt

Gunn & Forshaw one week away

Hanley two weeks

Other stuff of note -

Barnes vocally already helping on the training ground.

Wagner has had quite a few meetings with Knapper, and Knapper has attended most training sessions so far.

International players back today except Nunez who will return tomorrow.

Usual stuff about QPR, we won't under estimate them (based on league position) plus new manager etc.

Edited by Satriales
  • Thanks 1

If Barnes is fit, then start Giannoulis and Placheta on the left. Wang some balls in from a flank!

• Like 1

Barnes being fit and available to start could prove to be a real gamechanger. We all saw how rapidly we fell apart as soon as he went out of the team. Hanley being back too is probably a good thing but I get the feeling he will most likely be on the sidelines.

Real question is where is Sargent? Last I heard he was said to be presumed to be fit and ready about new year or so but news about him seems to have just vanished

2 minutes ago, crab man said:

Where was the presser? Couldn't see any mention of it today 

I assume the training centre. Both the club and Pinkun were tweeting updates from 5pm.

• Thanks 1

So two more games without Gunn, Foreshaw and possibly Rowe., four more without Hanley, and goodness how many without Sergeant and Gibson.

Just now, CANARYKING said:

So two more games without Gunn, Foreshaw and possibly Rowe., four more without Hanley, and goodness how many without Sergeant and Gibson.

Sargent is a huge miss, I think we’ll survive without Gibson though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Sargent is a huge miss, I think we’ll survive without Gibson though. 

I mean we did win our last match and that was without Gibson so his loss is off to a good start 😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Barnes has had a fairly lengthy lay-off I wonder if he will be on the bench rather than risk a start. I'm not entirely convinced with him as our main striker so would prefer him in a slightly deeper role as he was at the start of the season.

10 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Barnes has had a fairly lengthy lay-off I wonder if he will be on the bench rather than risk a start. I'm not entirely convinced with him as our main striker so would prefer him in a slightly deeper role as he was at the start of the season.

He was never really Burnley's main striker, him and Sargent looked like they had a decent understanding, him and Idah less so.

4 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

He was never really Burnley's main striker, him and Sargent looked like they had a decent understanding, him and Idah less so.

Yeah never really had the time to develop an understanding before he got injured. A decision for Wagner but hopefully he plays him in his best position.

Edited by Capt. Pants

Some long lay off's i doubt these players will come back firing on all cylinders thats my worry ,

Sarge and Barnes are the best we have but a lot to expect them to come back and just start where they left off after so long out ?  

10 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Some long lay off's i doubt these players will come back firing on all cylinders thats my worry ,

Sarge and Barnes are the best we have but a lot to expect them to come back and just start where they left off after so long out ?  

I think Sarge can quickly rediscover his form.. but he’s not back for another 6 weeks yet and by that point I think the game will be up for us in terms of a play off challenge. 

Barnes has rarely been injured in his career. So might take a while to come back to form.. In any case he didn’t look the same player in the couple of games without Sarge. Those two had chemistry. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

There are obviously 2 ways of looking at it but in the circumstances I'd rather see him play the first half than the second. Teams that score first tend not to lose. 

13 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Foreshaw is no great loss

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

There are obviously 2 ways of looking at it but in the circumstances I'd rather see him play the first half than the second. Teams that score first tend not to lose. 

Plus Nunez will have a bit of jet lag.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Plus Nunez will have a bit of jet lag.

Has he been jet lagged for the previous 10 games as well?

• Haha 1

Two major positives for me from the presser - Barnes in and around the team again and Rowe’s injury being not too serious and even a possibility for tomorrow’s game. 

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I think Sarge can quickly rediscover his form.. but he’s not back for another 6 weeks yet and by that point I think the game will be up for us in terms of a play off challenge. 

Barnes has rarely been injured in his career. So might take a while to come back to form.. In any case he didn’t look the same player in the couple of games without Sarge. Those two had chemistry. 

According to presser, Sarge, Lungi, and Gibbo roughly 3 weeks 'away', compared to Barnesy available, Jonny Rowe touch and go, Gunny, Foreshaw a week away, Hanley 2 weeks. Who knows? Maybe Sarge is 'not so far off' now.

Injuries update 2.04 onwards

Didn't watch the whole thing, just the initial few minutes to catch the injuries latest.

Barnes to start in the 10 role for me, off after 60 mins as he regains fitness.   

My prediction is rowe will start in a push to start the knappership with a win to maintain momentum.

Batth to start on the right of cb.   Can onlybhave fingers crossed we mark chair properly and don't back off him.