Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Rowe injured

6 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Ankle injury from England U21 duty.

We're screwed.

.... Springett to the rescue? 

As soon as it looks like we're getting over our injury problems to a degree...dissapointing.

22 minutes ago, hogesar said:

.... Springett to the rescue? 

As soon as it looks like we're getting over our injury problems to a degree...dissapointing.

It’s ok - Hoggy said we didn’t need Mumba as left sided cover. As we’ve got…..errrr….Springett. Or Placheta. Or Onel. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

It’s ok - Hoggy said we didn’t need Mumba as left sided cover. As we’ve got…..errrr….Springett. Or Placheta. Or Onel. 

Bit early to be writing Springett off yet methinks. He's still so young and hardly kicked a ball in the first team. We don't know how good he is/could be yet 

• Like 1

Mumba was very clear he didn't want to be cover and wanted to go back to Plymouth if that was the case as per his signing quotes. I'd have loved for him to stay but it was clearly not going to happen like that. 

14 minutes ago, S_81 said:

We have Sainz too

31 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Shame Mumba wasn't happy to be cover and wanted to play every game, as he and his agent said at the time of the move.

Good try though, keep going and you'll get something coherent and correct on this forum one day.

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Bit early to be writing Springett off yet methinks. He's still so young and hardly kicked a ball in the first team. We don't know how good he is/could be yet 

You kidding right?

He managed to con 30 mins a game out of Wagner for the first 10 games.

He's appalling and not fit for the reserves, needs a loan desperately 

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

Spoke to a Plymouth fan about a month ago (goes home and away). He is far from impressed by Mumba this season. According to him the flashes of brilliance have been few and far between (and his defending is ropey).

• Like 1

Sometimes in football things twist strangely.

I always look back to the first promotion under Farke where Hanley getting injured, Aarons getting his chance and Pukki playing as a striker in front of Stiepermann were never really the plan. However I believe those things, though generally coming about through unfortunate circumstances, were huge in making Farkeball click so well.

I'm definitely not saying that our most potent attacker getting injured is fantastic news, because it's not. But you never know what might be the catalyst for a shift in approach that changes everything.

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

No one has written him off, he's just not good enough for the first team yet and it's shown. He wasnt deemed good enough last season in League 1 and has featured as many times, or more, this season for us already. And we're not even half way through yet. 

Wingers is one area, the only area, where we have plenty of options so the persistence with him has been odd. 

15 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Does anyone actually know how bad the injury is?

Not yet. He's going back to Norwich to be assessed. Fingers crossed its not too bad.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

You kidding right?

He managed to con 30 mins a game out of Wagner for the first 10 games.

He's appalling and not fit for the reserves, needs a loan desperately 

I'm baffled that he gets anywhere near the bench let alone on the pitch. He isn't a Championship footballer and never will be. 

Worst case scenario 6 weeks out then sold in January.

Oh well, just have to hope Onel finally does something useful on the pitch.

15 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm baffled that he gets anywhere near the bench let alone on the pitch. He isn't a Championship footballer and never will be. 

Agreed completely I think it shows how shallow our squad is.

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Worst case scenario 6 weeks out then sold in January.

Oh well, just have to hope Onel finally does something useful on the pitch.

This is Norwich City. Our worse case is more like a triple leg break back in 2028. Anything less, is a bonus. 

Ok, own up: which one of you signed some kind of a blood pact with a demon in the summer of 2021, trading untold personal riches for perpetual sporting misery? 

Questions need to be asked about 'wos gorn on in trainun', as In the days of the 'magic sponge' there were very few of these type of  injuries lasting a month or two. Now with sports science and better pitches we are seeing short term injuries as part and parcel of events at Carrow Road.

Pushing the players in training, via double sessions, may sound great as it infers the squad is a bunch of slackers who need the 21st century equivilant of running up Mousehold Heath. But I am sure that when Saunders used that to get the players fit, they did not continue with it for the rest of the season.

Whatever advantage may be claimed by 'double sessions', it is being more than lost by having so many players out injured, regularly.

7 hours ago, horsefly said:

Spoke to a Plymouth fan about a month ago (goes home and away). He is far from impressed by Mumba this season. According to him the flashes of brilliance have been few and far between (and his defending is ropey).

The way some of our fans speak he was the next lionel Messi whereas you make it sound like he’s the next lionel Richie 

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

The way some of our fans speak he was the next lionel Messi whereas you make it sound like he’s the next lionel Richie 

Yet, with 2 goals and 2 assists, he's 4 times as useful as Onel Hernandez (0 goals, 1 assist), albeit from a less attacking position in a supposedly weaker team. I know which one I would have preferred to keep and which to ship out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Yet, with 2 goals and 2 assists, he's 4 times as useful as Onel Hernandez (0 goals, 1 assist), albeit from a less attacking position in a supposedly weaker team. I know which one I would have preferred to keep and which to ship out. 

Some fools are in so deep with their defence of the clowns that have been in charge of our club that there’s no way back for their pride now. It’s like Brexit. 

4 minutes ago, Petriix said:

And we rewarded Hernandez with a new contract