38 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Anyone giving this one a watch? 7;45 kickoff, live on Channel 4. Or would you rather watch paint dry?
F_E5_q_WkAAtNmw?format=jpg&name=large

I’d sooner do an extra shift at work for free. 

I love this England team, they're getting better to watch all the time and I think we've got a great chance next summer.

However, I'm out for a friend's birthday tonight, so coupled with the fact we've already qualified and Malta aren't likely to make it much of a match, I'm happy to give this one a miss. Hope Sir Bobby gets a good send-off, though.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I love this England team, they're getting better to watch all the time and I think we've got a great chance next summer.

However, I'm out for a friend's birthday tonight, so coupled with the fact we've already qualified and Malta aren't likely to make it much of a match, I'm happy to give this one a miss. Hope Sir Bobby gets a good send-off, though.

Yeah pretty much this.

Except your friend hasn't invited me out for their birthday.

• Haha 3

We’ll of course win this whatever. But I’ll be more inclined to watch if I see that the line up gives a chance to some of the more up and coming call ups to the squad. 
I won’t be watching if I see that Henderson is in the starting 11. 

When visiting Malta years ago I attended a ‘double bill’ match in the national stadium, large bowl with colessium like terracing. So 4 sets of supporters turned up. I was unaware of the political tensions and rivalries of the Island, having enjoyed the coffee cakes and culture up until then. Half way thro the first game the Directors in the main stand we’re attacked by fans, and had to retreat. This all passed on as if quite normal to those around me. I retired to the Lady Diana bar later, where Ollie Reed died, to cogitate on the day. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Corbs1 said:

I retired to the Lady Diana bar later, where Ollie Reed died, to cogitate on the day. 

This might be my favourite ever sentence on this forum. So much going on here, so much unsaid.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Southgate of course starts Henderson. What’s the point. 

If you haven’t got a life and enjoy being bored ****less what’s not to like. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, not a clue said:

Apparently Wembley is sold out tonight.

Indeed it is, could have sold out twice over. 
I’m not there tonight, but I will still get my points as my grandson is going under my membership number. 

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yeah pretty much this.

Except your friend hasn't invited me out for their birthday.

I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you crashed the party

• Haha 1

I think England fans generally turn up even if it is Malta and I don't believe they would have been disappointed to watch those on the bench all playing. I know an international manager is unlikely to change the whole XI like a club manager in the cup but what is Henderson doing in that lineup?

Apart from CBs, I think this current bunch of young England players could be our best ever.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think England fans generally turn up even if it is Malta and I don't believe they would have been disappointed to watch those on the bench all playing. I know an international manager is unlikely to change the whole XI like a club manager in the cup but what is Henderson doing in that lineup?

Apart from CBs, I think this current bunch of young England players could be our best ever.

In fairness we have another game on Monday, and with the result of these 2 games not being as relevant as they might have been, most club sides would have asked Southgate to play their players for as few minutes as possible. I suspect there will be wholesale changes on Monday, so everybody will get a crack.

The 2 games are however not meaningless as England need to win them both to guarantee being a “ First seed “ in the draw for the finals.

What an awful line up with Henderson, Maguire etc, when this in all.truth is a friendly.

What a waste to blood some other players in. I suppose Tomoroi gets a chance

How has VAR not intervened on that diabolical refereeing decision. It is farcical in every possible way

10 hours ago, not a clue said:

Apparently Wembley is sold out tonight.

A lot have come dressed as empty seats if it is 

awful performance so far, Trent Alexander-Arnold is awful at right back so not sure why Southgate Thinks he’s any better as a no 10 

Southgate churns out the same old style and tactic no matter who it is. Yes, playpossession against the top teams who can hurt you but this is Malta, we will qualify top and go in pot one. Go out and entertain for once. Foden and TAA are trying to but Henderson, Rashford are just woeful. Dion has it spot on. Speed it up. Has Kane had a chance yet?

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Southgate churns out the same old style and tactic no matter who it is. Yes, playpossession against the top teams who can hurt you but this is Malta, we will qualify top and go in pot one. Go out and entertain for once. Foden and TAA are trying to but Henderson, Rashford are just woeful. Dion has it spot on. Speed it up. Has Kane had a chance yet?

They have had no shots on target in the first half

22 minutes ago, hogesar said:

How has VAR not intervened on that diabolical refereeing decision. It is farcical in every possible way

Hmm not sure, look at Kanes left leg, he sticks it into the keeper.  I'd have been furious if that's given against us

• Like 1