Sign in to follow this  
BigEars

Next 7- how many points?

So there are 7 games to the half way point in the league.  Even though our form isn’t great, I am fairly optimistic looking at the fixtures.

Home - QPR, Preston, Sheff Wed, Huddesfield.  That should be 10 points

Away - Watford, Bristol C, Bin.  More difficult but maybe 4 points.

so 14 in total taking us to 34 over the first half of the season.  We would still be behind the rate needed for the play offs, but not much.

Whats your prediction?

• Like 2

We picked up 7 points from our last ten games.

So anything around a point per game would be an improvement.

27 points by halfway would put us on track to avoid relegation.

• Like 1

28, anything else and all of the players need replacing with the youth team and we start looking for a new sporting director (keep Wagner though, he gets on well with Delia)

QPR- Should be a win or boy are we in trouble

Preston- Draw or loss 

Shef Wed- See my QPR prediction

Huddersfield- How many times can I say "See my QPR prediction"?

Watford- Draw I imagine

Bristol- Think we can win this one

Binners- I said a while back I predicted a boring 0-0 and I'm sticking by that prediction

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

36 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

QPR- Should be a win or boy are we in trouble

Preston- Draw or loss 

Shef Wed- See my QPR prediction

Huddersfield- How many times can I say "See my QPR prediction"?

Watford- Draw I imagine

Bristol- Think we can win this one

Binners- I said a while back I predicted a boring 0-0 and I'm sticking by that prediction

Strange thing is I think we can win all of those games. We won't obviously, but it's possible.

4 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Strange thing is I think we can win all of those games. We won't obviously, but it's possible.

A true Norwich supporter! Exactly how I and others no doubt feel.

BUT, Wagner is still here and his team set up and the players execution of his plan gives me no hope.

So conflicted at this time.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, In my blood said:

A true Norwich supporter! Exactly how I and others no doubt feel.

BUT, Wagner is still here and his team set up and the players execution of his plan gives me no hope.

So conflicted at this time.

This is the issue. All depends on if Wagner learns his lessons (Like Placheta never again being played at defence, or playing Sara further forward rather than as a defensive midfielder..) as well as the number of potential players we may be getting back from injury over the next month.

Sadly I fear Wagner will learn nothing. Would love it if he did of course, but I won't be getting my hopes up

• Like 1

Given the Binners have scored an average of 3 goals and let in 2 each home game this season I dont think 0-0 is very realistic.

I'd go with 2-2 or 3-3 or even 4-4 as far more likely than 0-0. But then it is a derby match and anything can and probably will happen

God knows how this will play out, could be 0 or 21.

I'm a bit worried we will be relying Duffy and Batth, with Warner as cover. 

One game at a time. QPR is a must not lose and if we do we could be heading for an utter car crash ahead of Christmas.

Anything less than 3 wins from games against the leagues bottom dwellers will be a disaster, much will depend on the team Wagner puts out.  So victories not a given.  Away games will not yeild any wins defeats more likely irrespective of teams selected.  If Duffy back in defence could be crucial, if plays could lose all if he plays.  Whether we get 9 points from next 9 games why is Wagner still here.

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Johnny Rowe is also 1 booking away from a suspension. What's the betting that's against the Binners!

Given he's been sent home from the England U21 squad camp with an ankle injury, now looks quite strong odds - he'll miss a couple of games, then come back in the team and get booked in his 2nd game back. Bang, Ip5w1ch game next so banned.

So far, so good.  6 points from the first three and with 3 home games in the next 4, 2 of them comparatively easy, I think we should get around the 14 I suggested.  Probably not quite play offs but not far off come Christmas day.  

Unfortunately looking post christmas and January looks much harder so I predict points will dry up, and we will slip back to mid table.

On 15/11/2023 at 10:40, Captain Holt said:

If we stick with Wagner it could be maybe 4 at best.

Only 1 more point to go then 🤗.................

On 03/12/2023 at 22:20, C.I.D said:

Only 1 more point to go then 🤗.................

Yeah how daft, how anyone could be pessimistic at this time is beyond me.

The season is more or less set in stone by now. We are average to middling and will finish somewhere within a couple of places either side of halfway.

40 minutes ago, Serinus Canaria Domestica said:

We have played 19. There are 46 per season. Half way is 23 games. Next FOUR not 7 are relevant.

Yours pedantically Serinus.

See date of OP.

9  points and a heavy defeat against 😢 the binners and Wagner out begins to get even louder

On 14/11/2023 at 23:26, BigEars said:

So there are 7 games to the half way point in the league.  Even though our form isn’t great, I am fairly optimistic looking at the fixtures.

Home - QPR, Preston, Sheff Wed, Huddesfield.  That should be 10 points

Away - Watford, Bristol C, Bin.  More difficult but maybe 4 points.

so 14 in total taking us to 34 over the first half of the season.  We would still be behind the rate needed for the play offs, but not much.

Whats your prediction?

You were bang on! Well done!

• Like 6