East Rider

Stuart Webber guard of honour

Just seen Stuart Webber has receive a guard of honour from the NCFC players and staff at Cardiff.

Quite a surreal event and I didn't expect that

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Just seen Stuart Webber has receive a guard of honour from the NCFC players and staff at Cardiff.

Egotist until the end 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, East Rider said:

Not surprised I mean which other SD would give them such generous contracts! 

1 minute ago, East Rider said:

Talk about reading the room badly......

I'd probably like him a lot if I were our current squad tbf, a majority of them aren't getting naywhere near the contracts they're on at any other club in the league.

Players clearly respect him. Not that this should be the talking point but it's only posters on here making it so.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Players clearly respect him. Not that this should be the talking point but it's only posters on here making it so.

You’d be in that guard of honour, given the chance 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Not really, Radio Norfolk are going heavy on it. Read the room boys.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

You’d be in that guard of honour, given the chance 

No no no, hoggy would be laying down in front of webbo so he doesn't get his shoes dirty 

• Haha 2

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Strange how he was not seen all game only to magicaly then appear from thin air when we scored the third..

Wonder if he would have done the same had we lost?

Indeed where was he last week?

• Like 1

Players and staff thanking someone who some have worked with for up to 7 years.

The way it triggers some people tells you everything you need to know about them more than anything else 😅

• Like 2

I think this shows just how differently our current plight is viewed from inside the club: they obviously think he's done a great job and it's just down to bad luck that we're near the bottom of the Championship with many players looking closer to League One than Premier League level. The rot runs deep. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Just now, hogesar said:

It is shambolic PR to do this. Do it privately, not in front of fans after the way things have gone for the last two years - it's like sticking two fingers up at the fans.  Sacking Farke like he did, getting Smith in and then Wagner - clearly poor replacements, no real empathy or communication with fans since. Supposed make us a top 26 league club, leaves us on a downer, struggling in the lower part of the league. Thank you for the good times, but show a bit of humility - after all you didn't like Cantwell sitting on the pitch when things were bad - so what were you doing on the pitch there with things going so poorly?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Shame Stu didn't go over to the dedicated away support and say his goodbyes?....

Safe trip home to them Canary die hards....I salute you all....

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Indeed where was he last week?

You can't make it up can you? Vanishes to god knows where then one minute hes sighted watching Manchester play then he's in Brazil "scouting" (At Forumula One? Bit odd..) despite having been sacked then he just seemingly appears from nowhere the second we win. Huh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

It is shambolic PR to do this. Do it privately, not in front of fans after the way things have gone for the last two years - it's like sticking two fingers up at the fans.  Sacking Farke like he did, getting Smith in and then Wagner - clearly poor replacements, no real empathy or communication with fans since. Supposed make us a top 26 league club, leaves us on a downer, struggling in the lower part of the league. Thank you for the good times, but show a bit of humility - after all you didn't like Cantwell sitting on the pitch when things were bad - so what were you doing on the pitch there with things going so poorly?

Yeah, agree with you here Lakey. Even though we won today, we're still in a poorer position that when he took over, so doing that publicly is a poor PR move.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Strange how he was not seen all game only to magicaly then appear from thin air when we scored the third..

Wonder if he would have done the same had we lost?

Er what? He can hardly tell the TV cameras which way to point.

It's a nice touch from the players.

We really are a strange bunch of so called supporters - seem more disappointed when we win.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

He's gone, what more do you want?

Far rather we were a club that showed long-serving employees too much respect than too little.

Completely agree with this and those who think our players wouldn’t get a contract elsewhere as I read above are clearly deluded 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Players and staff thanking someone who some have worked with for up to 7 years.

The way it triggers some people tells you everything you need to know about them more than anything else 😅

With a Guard of honour at the end of a game that he's had the square root of F-ALL to do with? 🤔🤔🤔 They can thank a sporting director off the pitch behind the scenes where he operates daily, there's absolutely no need what so ever for him to appear on the turf and then get a guard from players and staff.. he could of gone to the changing room and received his thanks. 

It was a show and that's all. 

• Like 4

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Er what? He can hardly tell the TV cameras which way to point.

It's a nice touch from the players.

We really are a strange bunch of so called supporters - seem more disappointed when we win.

Just odd how's he's been all over the country and even abroad and was not sighted at all last match and was seemingly not at todays match only to then turn out he was at the last second

Would any other club give their outgoing SD a guard of honour after the absolute mess he has created? I'd be embarassed if I were Webber, but then I am not an egotistical ****

• Like 2