Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

Wagner is toast!

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Bookies getting their bets in that's all. He's already turned us down once.

Yeah, but he's really desperate now!

Just now, shefcanary said:

**** off. If that happens I'm outta here 

get used to it. He’s one of those out of work!

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Unfortunately both our stock has declined since then.

If he didn't want a struggling PL club then he definitely won't want the car crash we currently are. Unless, he sees it as a chance to really get in and build. 

Personally I think the bookies just realised we're about to change manager and he was a great investment for them the last time. Hence why Knutsen is also in there (no chance)

To get out of this mess we are going to have to rely on a manager with the ability to bring in young up and coming talent.

I think Frank Lampard would be a terrible choice but someone with connections to the big clubs where we can borrow ones they have or get the best of those not quite ready would be a sensible route to go.

I quite like Lampard, he is quite a deep thinker and knowledgeable about the game, but not a Norwich manager imo. Too much of a circus around him.  

Edited by lake district canary
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

get used to it. He’s one of those out of work!

A good reason for that. 

Lampard is not good enough. I see what Lakey's saying and agree but Gary Neville is superior on both counts in my opinion and he sucked as Valencia manager.

I'd take Warnock or Big Sam to give us some semblance of defensive shape and to act as a placeholder until a better one comes along.

• Like 1

You seem to be forgetting the master stroke he pulled at CR a few seasons back when he turned the game around by pulling the fuse in the floodlights to take the sting out of our attack and give his team a much needed break.

If he's got any more tricks like that up his sleeve then he may be our man.... it doesn't look like we can rely on the players to do the job.

6 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'd take Big Sam 

Not enough brown paper envelopes in the whole of Norfolk to get that one over the line.:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Lampard among the favourites for Norwich job

I don’t want Lampard but to play devils advocate at this level when in charge of Derby he had a pretty decent record with a win rate of 41%. It only seems to be at Prem level he struggled. 

If they appointed him I would give him the same level of support I would any new manager. 

Just now, norfolkngood said:

Got a feeling might be John Terry 

Lock up your Wives, girlfriends an' daughters....allegedly....

4 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

Not enough brown paper envelopes in the whole of Norfolk to get that one over the line.:classic_laugh:

Or pints of wine, for that matter.

2 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I don’t want Lampard but to play devils advocate at this level when in charge of Derby he had a pretty decent record with a win rate of 41%. It only seems to be at Prem level he struggled. 

If they appointed him I would give him the same level of support I would any new manager. 

That team really should have won the league though. Heavy investment and he had, IIRC, an emerging Mason Mount there on loan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

That team really should have won the league though. Heavy investment and he had, IIRC, an emerging Mason Mount there on loan.

Like I said just playing devils advocate. He’s not my choice. I’d rather have Big Sam over fat cat Frank. Something tells me Wagner will still be here a few more weeks at least anyway. 

46 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Who is more desperate us or fatboy

Lampard story planted by the club to try and make us thankful for Wagner’s forthcoming contract extension lol 

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't someone whom Knapper has worked with at Arsenal.

We may well never have heard of him but that's probably not a bad thing - no baggage.