Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

KNAPPER NOW STARTS NOV 13TH

Is it wrong to hope that Knapper has been working on a Wagner replacement in the background and will have that man in on Monday 13th?

19 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Well exactly, but my point is, if the plan is subject to pressure situations on the pitch then it was stupid to even announce the handover period, fans didn't need to know until it happened anyway.

This could entirely be about money and contracts.  But yes, it's ****e from a fan perspective.

i.e. Could be the club making it public that from their perspective Webber is to stay and fulfil his contractual obligations until March

Probable that he has no job lined up currently, won't lose out on pay, and the club don't want to pay gardening leave.

Just now, GRB2 said:

Is it wrong to hope that Knapper has been working on a Wagner replacement in the background and will have that man in on Monday 13th?

I do get the feeling Cardiff will also be the last time we see Wagner in the job. He is Webbers best mate and all and well.. Knapper probably want's a clean slate and fresh start for the club.

Just now, GRB2 said:

Can but hope 

42 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yes. Which begs the question why they bothered to even announce the handover period if it was that likely to change purely down to on-field pressures. Would have saved a lot of mouth-frothing from fans

You would deny  them their main pleasure in life?

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Haha 3

Has to be the right decision to have Knapper here almost 2 weeks before the QPR game and Webber out of the picture. More important than Wagner in the scheme of things.

Begs the question, why was he reported as being in Brazil on club business over the weekend? Would he have been there 100% devoted to club business?

However does that trip justify the expense involved, indicates how wasteful the club are with their limited funds, no wonder they are financially in deep xxxx

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

He'll be quoting himself directly 😉. 

Just in case we missed it the first 3 times.....

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

The Board have for once responded to the fans pressure. Amazing.

Damage limitation for the forthcoming AGM....

4 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

Begs the question, why was he reported as being in Brazil on club business over the weekend? Would he have been there 100% devoted to club business?

However does that trip justify the expense involved, indicates how wasteful the club are with their limited funds, no wonder they are financially in deep xxxx

Why you giving Webber 4 kisses? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Saw him in his yellow speedos.....

Do you think Stu had the Back, Sack & Crack treatment prior to a stroll on the beach? 

10 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

"on club business"

As he watches F1 races while it's said he's scouting for players in a job he won't have this time next week

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I do get the feeling Cardiff will also be the last time we see Wagner in the job. He is Webbers best mate and all and well.. Knapper probably want's a clean slate and fresh start for the club.

Or - as PA suggested yesterday - Wagner gets a win at Cardiff and the club come out with the collective show of unity - with Knapper and one-year extended Wagner fronting up together. 

Sincerely sincerely hope that’s not plausible 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Do you think Stu had the Back, Sack & Crack treatment prior to a stroll on the beach? 

Nah....probably like a "Walk in the Black Forest".....and to trim it requires a Landscape Gardener with a sharpened chainsaw and exceptional topiary skills.....

37 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Tell you what though, not sure this Knapper is cut out for the role if he's willing to give up his holiday so easily!

I'd leave my holiday now for the job given it's allows you holiday whenever you want as a benefit.

That suggests to me that Wagner will be gone and he's come in early to find a new manager in the international break

38 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I'm almost certain my thoughts yesterday will come to pass now, Wagner is essentially working a weeks notice and will depart with Webber after Cardiff.

Tell you what though, not sure this Knapper is cut out for the role if he's willing to give up his holiday so easily!

(Thought I'd get it in early)

Only 90% committed to his holiday?

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

That suggests to me that Wagner will be gone and he's come in early to find a new manager in the international break

Yeah, hard to conclude anything but this I think. Guess we'll see. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Only 90% committed to his holiday?

Well if Knapper starts going on about mountain climbing I'm gonna lose it..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

Wagner is still here though 

Indeed he is. People, understandably excited about Webber going, are hopeful that Wagner naturally follows. No evidence as such yet. 

14 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I truly hope so, the current state of performances is just dire. We are in genuine risk of relegation if we keep this up.

Just now, S_81 said:

Indeed he is. People, understandably excited about Webber going, are hopeful that Wagner naturally follows. No evidence as such yet. 

If you were Wagner and knew you are to be sacked after Cardiff game why stick around this week and how do players know and feel at training?

Hope he goes but not so confident.

35 minutes ago, S_81 said:

This is good news, clearly. 
But - it does follow hot on the heals of the story yesterday that City may commit to another year of Wagner. Should we win at Cardiff then Knapper being in post may well coincide with that occurrence. 
I sincerely hope not - as it’s evident Wagner will go on lengthy losing runs - and we will end up having to take action and pay him off a greater amount. Once again I will take a loss if it means getting rid of the guy. 

Apologies, I've completely missed this. Where did you read it please?

23 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I have it on good authority that he had a Brazilian.

1 minute ago, Mike w said:

If you were Wagner and knew you are to be sacked after Cardiff game why stick around this week and how do players know and feel at training?

Hope he goes but not so confident.

Leave of your own accord and you waive any potential benefits you may be due.

Get dismissed and they have to pay you whatever you signed up for in your contract.

1 hour ago, Fuzzar said:

He'll still be in his Speedos. 

Covering 90% of his unmentionables?

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Apologies, I've completely missed this. Where did you read it please?

The regional Press Association reporter Nick Mwhateverhisname tweeted yesterday that if Wagner wins at Cardiff then City may commit to the contract extension as a show of faith. TNC then shared this suggestion.  

It’s curious timing given what’s now happening with Knapper. It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see our clown owners think that a show of collective strength is needed between Knapper and Wagner. 

I hope it’s a nonsense story though. Clearly the results and performances don’t warrant even staying in the existing contract - yet alone getting more time 

• Thanks 1