Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Is he still here?

The problem is clearly that we're bang in the middle of changing sporting directors, so changing managers couldn't come at a more inconvenient moment, even if it is clearly needed. Who makes the decision on a new manager? How will Knapper feel if big changes are made literally days before he comes in and takes the reins? The board are clearly in a tricky position, as much as people would like to pretend there are easy solutions.

5 minutes ago, Canarywary said:

The problem is clearly that we're bang in the middle of changing sporting directors, so changing managers couldn't come at a more inconvenient moment, even if it is clearly needed. Who makes the decision on a new manager? How will Knapper feel if big changes are made literally days before he comes in and takes the reins? The board are clearly in a tricky position, as much as people would like to pretend there are easy solutions.

It's a fair point, but surely they could still speak to Knapper to get his thoughts. Unless they aren't allowed to contact him?

• Like 1

Our owners just have no sense of pride, do they? The just sit in the stand and let people trample all over the club. They have the authority to make decisions but constantly abdicate from it. The way the players give up on the pitch is a direct reflection of the way the owners are off it. Weak, weak, weak.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Canarywary said:

i understand your point but doing nothing is more Damaging in my opinion ,

it looks like Knapper will have to get a new a Manager in ASAP anyway ,

So why not phone Knapper and find out his views ,

i am sure knapper can afford a few days for interviews and Webber as he done the hiring he can do the firing ,

No point waiting for knapper to get here then fire wagner that will add more time to something that should of happen weeks ago ,

Knapper should have a idea of what he wants already if not it is poor way to start a fresh job 

If I were Knapper, I'd be trying to get out of my contract as this may be too much to handle for somebody that has never done this role before. He's a young man with a lot of problems above and below him. Best of luck to him as sure hell he'll need it. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

This is gross neglegence at the club, if Webber wont act ,then those above him should

The problem with that is nobody above Mr&Mrs Webber have anything to do with decision making. Certainly isn't D&M or Tom Smith.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, komakino said:

If I were Knapper, I'd be trying to get out of my contract as this may be too much to handle for somebody that has never done this role before. He's a young man with a lot of problems above and below him. Best of luck to him as sure hell he'll need it. 

Wasn’t it started he was taking a holiday before starting?

If so I suggest he cancels that and gets straight in with things.
If he isn’t prepared to do that we’ve got the wrong man for the job  Last thing we need is another “90%” man!

3 minutes ago, komakino said:

Agreed.  There has been little commentary on the fact he is a loans manager with little demonstrable experience of the Sporting Director role.  Just because he was clever enough to dupe us into taking that waste of space Marquinhos last year I don't see anything other than an enormous gamble.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Canarywary said:

Of their own making!

Its astonishing Wagner is still apparently here. Keeping him longer damages this club evermore.

At least agree to sack him. A caretaker manager cant do any more harm than our current performances but might just lift the team until a permanent manager is appointed, giving Knapper some.time to sort.

This club is a joke in management 

I hope they are agreeing severance terms and conditions. Wagner knows where the bodies are buried, he could do a lot of damage still.

It is up to the owners to do something in this situation. They own the club. It is their problem. Perhaps this is news to them. At the very least the following action plan should be agreed:

1. Webber to leave instantly with no involvement in the handover to Knapper.

2. Wagner and his entire coaching team to be sacked.

3. Neil Adams put in temporary charge until Knapper arrives.

4. Knapper appoints new coaching team by end of the month.

Basically its all a crock of siht about what Knapper wants or would do. He isn't here yet. If Wagner is gone and Adams put in temporary charge then he can then sort it. Do we really want to give Wagner yet another game? Yes we want to win at Cardiff but I feel that would just paper over the knowledge that he isn't the right coach for us.

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

The corner flag image needs to herald several other departures too.

They're planning to use all four, apparently.

Delia, Michael and Webber have been pinned, face-down in the centre circle in readiness. Zoe's locked herself in the stationery cupboard. 

Attanasio was seen boarding the red-eye last night, sleeves rolled up looking steely and determined. 

My only hope is that they’re waiting for Mark A and the states to wake up - to ratify the decision. But that of course would beg the question - why wasn’t a plan of action agreed prior to yet another loss. 
Which then reaches the likely outcome = they’re keeping him in post regardless for now. 

He needs to go and let Adams or one of the youth team coaches step in on a temporary basis. Knapper can then line his own man up when he arrives and can't start building for next season. If we don't remove Wagner and Webber soon I genuinely fear relegation. This inertia is helping nobody. 

Getting rid of current team management teams which is a necessity and replacing with new will cost money we do not have.  The recent transfer fees received will have to be spent.  Meaning recruits in January will be curtailed.  However one bright spot unlikely to go for more not so golden oldies.  A shrewd new manager will look to getting in bright young things from the lower leagues at bargain prices.

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

This means Wagner is almost certain to lead us to a heavy defeat at Ipswich. Not to mention cost us points before then. It’s unforgivable of the owners that it’s come this far. It’s time they sold up. 

I think MA Should get his chequebook out sack and pay off Wagner and Webber ,

would be the best money he has ever spent ,

also Starting to Worry about Knapper never done the job before where we need experience as so much needs sorting out  ,

New Manager 

New Coaches 

getting ready for Jan Transfer window 

a lot on your first day !!

7 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

getting ready for Jan Transfer window 

No need to worry about that - the players' agents are already getting the 'for sale' adds distributed around the leagues

• Haha 1

The weak weak board has failed yet again- and basically putting two fingers up to the fans-  the board are like ostriches with head  in sand and hope it will all pass, 

• Like 1

This is the guy (wagner) that chased Russell from the club although at the time we didnt loose many goals from set piece situations and dint get hammered every other wk