Midlands Yellow

Match Day Has Arrived

Have many struggled to sleep through sheer excitement of seeing the lads play at noon today? Whether you’re lucky enough to have a ticket or watching live on your favourite stream how excited are you on a scale of one to ten? 

How excited? Possibly as high as 3 out of 10. The games have the allure of visiting a sick relative at the moment but I will be there.

OTBC 

• Haha 4

I’m only excited at the outside prospect of Wagner being dismissed. If it takes a loss for that then I’ll take it. I think the game will be a draw, however. 0.0 or 1.1. Prolonging his stay. 

This has the potential to be a historic day for the club. If it goes well and we perform and win, there will be a certain amount of respite, but if we lose, then toxicity could get to the point where it would be hard to see how Wagner could be allowed to stay - and the problem is we still only have stuttering strikers to choose from!  Big game imo, could change the season one way or another - one not to be missed if you are able to get there!

7 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I just hope that when things turn toxic that the fans aim their unrest at the right people. 

The players?

Took 'Er Indoors to work at Carrow Road just before 8am and once i saw it was drizzling and 10 degrees my excitement went down a notch to 1. I am only going to have a good Booooooo !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Crossbar Challenge is on at H/T. 

Yes, today's the day that someone wins that elusive hot dog. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Crossbar Challenge is on at H/T. 

And watching Captain Canary desperately avoiding the youngsters' penalty kicks!

I'll be watching here on Isla Formosa, if it starts to go pear shaped, I'll turn the commentary off and listen to my new Pharaoh Sanders Harvest record!

Edited by Taiwan Canary

Quite frankly last weekend sporting experience was a shocker for me and probably one for a few others..All the teams I support lost in all their respective competitions.

City lost on the Saturday as did England in the World RU Cup. Sunday was no better and a lousy round of 18 was followed by watching the ODI team being skittled out by the Indian bowlers. Even Lewis didn't have enough laps to catch Verstappen.

Quite the worst sporting weekend ever.

This is proving to be no better, with the ODI misery continuing, the Binners coming back from the jaws of a rare defeat and the golf rained off. 

It's left to City and Lando to restore some enthusiasm. A few injections of Bombardier bitter might help.

The problem is I have more faith in Lando than David Wagner's Norwich City at the moment, but keep the faith I say to myself, even though a win might extend the manager's risible tenure at the helm of our club.

Things can only get better.

No, not looking forward to today's game as much as I would like to be, to be honest.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Looking forward to it and the outcome, whatever it is. A crossroads for Wagner.

As always a beer with friends and the social occassion usually surpasses anything on the pitch.

Bring it on.

I'll meander to Carra on auto-steer....place my complimentary footy program under my seat....remark to my fellow supporters on how fantastic the playing surface looks....Then go through the emotions of watching the football and whatever's displayed and whether it's good, bad or indifferent....Full-time I'll hang around for a bit and then whatever the result....go to the pub....

I think they call it being conditioned or is it routine?....

36 minutes ago, Conrad said:

The players?

Well, Wagner is just the fall guy imo. Sack him -and there’s not much of a reason not to -but nothing much will change. 

I’d like to think Webber comes under pressure to leave with immediate effect, and I’d also like to think Delia and Michael would be sent some kind of message that a 3 year handover or whatever it is, is not acceptable and that things need to be sped up. The players? Who knows?  Are they good enough? Is it their fault if they’re not?

Aiming at Wagner is just letting the rest off the hook, but unfortunately it’ll be him that receives it, such is the shortsightedness of the average football fan.

Edited by Coneys Knee
Grammar police
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Well, Wagner is just the fall guy imo. Sack him, and there’s not much of a reason not to, but nothing much will change. 

id like to think Webber comes under pressure to leave with immediate effect and I’d also like to think Delia and Michael would be sent some kind of message that a 3 year handover or whatever it is, is not acceptable and that thing need to be sped up. The player? Who knows?  Are they good enough? And is it their fault if they’re not?

Aiming at Wagner is just letting the rest off the hook but unfortunately it’ll him that receives it such is the shortsightedness of the average football fan.

To be fair you do have to wonder what's going on with the training. Only so much the manager can do when our defence are making endless and pointless errors and mistakes every match that even pub teams would feel embarrassed about

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

31 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Yes, today's the day that someone wins that elusive hot dog. 

It's almost like the BK8 fiasco never happened...

I'm at about 4/10. Get to catch up with my old man, which is always a pleasure irrespective of the football on offer.

Blackburn played in the week and we didn't, so I think we might actually get a result today – but the silver lining is that if we do lose, we might see the back of Wagner.

EDIT: Haha @Naturalcynic beat me to it 🙂

Edited by Feedthewolf

Wagner will leave the club with a nice pay cheque, not worried about him.

The real decision makers seem set to linger for a few more months yet and continue to damage the club.

• Like 2

Something needs to be done to get every fan onside. What if Delia and Michael did a duet of OTBC pre K.O and Wagner wore a Death Row orange jumpsuit in the dugout? At least we’d have a scene similar to ‘Release Roderick’ with fans on their backs laughing. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Fortunately I’m away this weekend so the best I’ll be able to manage is listening to radio commentary, assuming it’s even on anywhere apart from Radio Norfolk which I won’t be able to pick up as I’ll be too far away.

I'm always looking forward to it by the time kickoff rolls around. Often moreso when we're doing poorly, as it represents an opportunity to exorcise the negative from the last outing.

There is, however slight, still the chance of a version of events wherein David Wagner gets us turned around. I personally don't think that happens, but I'd always prefer a Norwich win under whatever circumstances, so let's have it

(5/10)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

I’m only excited at the outside prospect of Wagner being dismissed. If it takes a loss for that then I’ll take it. I think the game will be a draw, however. 0.0 or 1.1. Prolonging his stay. 

Wagner isn't the problem anymore,  it's way bigger than that. I will sing my heart out( normally on my own) and hope we win and start to turn the corner. All I see now is doom . 

• Like 2