With Webber’s imminent departure and Wagner being his appointment, there appears to be a narrative calling for Wagner’s tenure to be brought to an end.

if this is the case then it needs to be done sooner rather than later given the January transfer window and the need for any new head coach to get to know the squad and who needs shifting on. 

given the very little to no budget we will have and resources currently at our disposal , who do we genuinely think would take the job on and do a better job than Wagner?

there is only one man I think I would be going for and that is Mark Robins 

who would be on your shortlist ? Doubt Hassenhuttl would come here, Scott Parker would want a big budget to spend so that’s a no, Lampard would be a disaster. No chance with Knutsen coming here 

Said it on another thread but I wouldn't mind us taking a risk on Luke Williams. Ultimately though it could be anyone but it seems to me that there's a new generation of coaches who are having most of the success nowadays. I think also we're looking for a manager not just for right now but ideally 2/3 years down the line, similar to when Farke was appointed. Any big name manager knows they have a reputation to uphold and that's when things start to turn south. You see it here with Wagner wanting experienced players to give him the best chance of winning right now. We need someone who is willing to grow with the team over a period of time. Schumacher and Eustace both mentioned in this thread could be good options too, they fit the mould certainly.

The next manager will be someone no one has heard of. It is likely to be someone who is working at a support role at big team probably Arsenal or someone liked to Arsenal in some way. Let’s hope it’s not someone who green lit the 72 million for Pepe.

Personally I would play this season out unless we drift miles off the playoffs. There is a chance we can sneak into the playoffs apart from the 3 relegated teams which we have already played there aren’t too many sides who are much better than us.

• Haha 1

Remember.....it has to be the cheapest possible option so Narćis Pèlach, first team coach. And most importantly he has Huddersfield connections!!!!

4 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

The next manager will be someone no one has heard of. It is likely to be someone who is working at a support role at big team probably Arsenal or someone liked to Arsenal in some way. Let’s hope it’s not someone who green lit the 72 million for Pepe.

Personally I would play this season out unless we drift miles off the playoffs. There is a chance we can sneak into the playoffs apart from the 3 relegated teams which we have already played there aren’t too many sides who are much better than us.

One assumes this is meant to be the height of sarcasm??

Another write off season I'm afraid guys.

Let's enjoy the wins when we get them and hope ip5w1ch fall off after Christmas.

We need to keep what we have and allow the new sporting director to get his feet under the table.

Summer 24 should be time for a change and more positivity .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Another write off season I'm afraid guys.

Let's enjoy the wins when we get them and hope ip5w1ch fall off after Christmas.

We need to keep what we have and allow the new sporting director to get his feet under the table.

Summer 24 should be time for a change and more positivity .

Webber should be ringing Knapper,asking him who he wants,get him in,then start climbing the mythical mountain he intends to ascend and leave us in peace.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

One assumes this is meant to be the height of sarcasm??

No sarcasm it’s a division full of average teams we are one of them. No reason we can’t sneak in the playoffs. But that will involve learning how to defend a lead and keeping the injuries down in a minimum from now on.

Just now, mannings bandy legs said:

Webber should be ringing Knapper,asking him who he wants,get him in,then start climbing the mythical mountain he intends to ascend and leave us in peace.

While I think Knapper should be able to make it clear if he intends to replace Wagner, allowing him to be got rid of before he starts so his first act isn't sacking the manager, I also hope that he isn't like Webber who seemed to take quite a lackadaisical approach to appointing managers. This next appointment needs to be right, and I would like there to be a proper process behind the decision.

57 minutes ago, In my blood said:

Remember.....it has to be the cheapest possible option so Narćis Pèlach, first team coach. And most importantly he has Huddersfield connections!!!!

Neil Adams would be cheaper still.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Exactly

It has to be who Knapper wants, I imagine he already has an idea. Personally I don’t think that means we couldn’t sack Wagner in the meantime if deemed necessary though.

Plenty of clubs have had a long stint with temporary head coaches while they search for the long term replacement.

2 hours ago, Barry Brockes said:

Jack Wilshere. Performing miracles with the Arsenal youngsters. If only we had a link into Arsenal.

Just no. No managerial experience and is a basic man

Edited by jaberry2
  • Like 1

Wagner is Webber's mess. He should deal with it, and as soon as possible. It is becoming past a joke.

Appoint a caretaker man for the now.

The season will be all but lost if we continue with the present regime overseeing the present disastrous run of performances and results..

Give the new man a clear desk.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Wagner is Webber's mess. He should deal with it, and as soon as possible. It is becoming past a joke.

Appoint a caretaker man for the now.

The season will be all but lost if we continue with the present regime overseeing the present disastrous run of performances and results..

Give the new man a clear desk.

I think we should write this season off tbh, give Knapper time to get the right manager in and then let the new manager take his time to build something (ideally while playing most of the younger players in the squad). As long as people can see progress then I think fans will be ok with it, as opposed to the last 3 years where the style of football has, for the most part, deteriorated and we've gone from having a team with a number of young prospects to one with a load of old blokes who have failed before but are given chance after chance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barham Blitz said:

Nah - that Europe-wide searching doesn't come cheap you know ...

Europe-wide? No way! It was global! We even went to Alpha Centauri.

• Like 1