Sign in to follow this  
rock bus

Booing and fighting amongst ourselves in the stands today

14 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

Could turn toxic when Leeds turn up Saturday & Farke & Co take the points, 

I'll fight with someone in the blankets. Who's up for fighting in the other areas?

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I'll fight with someone in the blankets. Who's up for fighting in the other areas?

Maybe the Leeds fans will visit The Gem restaurant? 

2 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

Maybe the Leeds fans will visit The Gem restaurant? 

They'd be gone by the time I got there...

• Haha 1

On 07/10/2023 at 18:31, ricardo said:

I duffed myself up in the back garden.

Do you men having a ****. 

10 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Bring your own pillows

But not cushions. In the late 60’s warning notices were put up in the ground due to supporters in the main stand( I suspect my dad was one of them) throwing them on the pitch. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dj11 said:

But not cushions. In the late 60’s warning notices were put up in the ground due to supporters in the main stand( I suspect my dad was one of them) throwing them on the pitch. 

When bad decisions were made by referees in the main. 

21 minutes ago, dj11 said:

I doubt they’d let you in the ground now if you were carrying one of those ‘ cushions ‘ . They were covered in weapons-grade wipe clean green plastic - essential for those embarrassing Tena pad failures - which meant four sharp corners.

Could inflict serious head wounds if thrown frisbee-style. The old boys’ aim was pretty ropey as I don’t remember seeing any linesmen being carted off to A & E.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

I must have missed all of the ‘fun’ - I left at final whistle with my son.

I suspect I know who some of the culprits were - I think I was sat behind them.  I saw some of it from them at West Brom last year, basically disgusting behaviour that I thought we had left behind in the 1980s.  

Yes, we did not play well on Saturday, I cannot pretend otherwise.  Gibbo had a terrible game, and kept on trying to play it up the left despite their right wing being absolutely brilliant, nippy, annoying, hassling, and forcing the mistake if they didn’t get the ball.  And yet. Every.  Single.  Time.  Gibson tried to play it up the left wing.  Gunny trying to outsmart and frustrate their striker by holding on to the ball for almost too long, and nearly getting caught out a few times.  Not smart play.  We would have had a certain goal in the second half if Idah had only dived for the ball when it came across - he looked almost scared of it at times.  Sargeant or Barnes would have been on that and they’d at least have been in the back of the net, even if the ball wasn’t.

But despite all of that, Coventry didn’t have a great game either.  Loads of chances, but they couldn’t do anything with them, and some very solid blocking at the back from our defence kept Gunn pretty quiet - in the end it took Gibbo to give them the draw.  It wasn’t fun to watch for the away supporter, but we could have got away with the win quite easily.

But this?  Fighting our own supporters after the match?  This isn’t us.  This isn’t the NCFC I know.  We’ve always had those who grumble about whatever.  But basically turning up to the game to boo our own players and throw w@nker signs at the Coventry fans?  And then get into fights with our own fans?  I want to go to games to enjoy the experience and the atmosphere, regardless of what else is going on on the pitch.  We win together, we lose together, we celebrate and are disappointed together, but always together.  We don’t boo the players, we don’t scream obscenities at the opposition fans, we don’t call the coaching staff f@cking w@nkers and scream at them.  We left that in the 1980s.  Or at least I thought we had.  FFS. 

Edited by Bobzilla
  • Like 7

And the referee was totally shíte.  For both sides.  Spent half the game giving everything to Norwich, the other half giving everything to Coventry, and to neither side when it really mattered.  Absolutely rubbish.  You know you have a truly rubbish ref when both sets of fans think he’s shït.

Edited by Bobzilla
  • Like 1

On 08/10/2023 at 20:40, norfolkngood said:

looking that way they always say once the Norwich away fans turn little way back 

The 'away fans' haven't turned. Some of them have, but the ones I've seen like that I don't think are new to it.  

3 hours ago, Bobzilla said:

We win together, we lose together, we celebrate and are disappointed together, but always together .

That’s been the glory of our away support for years  . We’ve been magnificent .Loyal.  And we’ve been loud all game long . Not my words , other club’s fans . Been changing recently. First noticed it at Blackpool last season , people I’d not really seen much away before in previous years screaming at other fans to join in with what is , let’s face it , a sh*t song . Screaming at fans who’ve been going away for f*cking years and have built up our reputation. 

I totally applaud the effort to improve the atmosphere at Carrow Road however and really don’t want to get into a slanging match with other Norwich fans. 

But the away support did not need fixing one bit .

OTBC 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Pockthorpe said:

That’s been the glory of our away support for years  . We’ve been magnificent .Loyal.  And we’ve been loud all game long . Not my words , other club’s fans . Been changing recently. First noticed it at Blackpool last season , people I’d not really seen much away before in previous years screaming at other fans to join in with what is , let’s face it , a sh*t song . Screaming at fans who’ve been going away for f*cking years and have built up our reputation. 

I totally applaud the effort to improve the atmosphere at Carrow Road however and really don’t want to get into a slanging match with other Norwich fans. 

OTBC 

Are you on about the "since I was young...." song? Can't stand that one.

• Like 1

The self-appointed “City Elite”? I refuse to believe that they’d be involved in any such shenanigans. They’re a group that encourage inclusivity and increasing volume of our support but always do so within the laws and stadium regulations. 

Absolutely disgusted to hear that a young Coventry fan could be scarred for life due to a coin allegedly thrown by one of our fans! If this is true that it came from one of our fans I hope the person is identified and given a lifetime ban! 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Pockthorpe said:

OTBC 

We've been great for most of the recent matches I've been to. I'm north west based so can't get to much, but Blackburn and Wigan last year, huddersfield this year were great. West Brom last year and Coventry was shocking from our fans.

I was impressed with the Coventry home fans though. They were so loud - it was fierce.  But I knew that it wasn't going to be the most fun experience I'd ever has when I saw how many police and stewards were around, and how we basically got kettled going in.  It was a little bit 'ok, what have I brought my son into?'.

• Like 1

I've said for a while we have some really sh*t fans that has become more apparent over the past year or so. Of course, no-one liked to hear it but anyone who's been home or away will have heard and seen enough to know they exist. I think last season I made comment that some around me in the Lower Barclay were behaving the polar opposite to how a supporter should behave, so the only conclusion is they weren't real Norwich fans.

That didn't go down well on here when I mentioned it either, but this season they've only appeared twice, on both occasions to call every player we have a c*nt, to make comments about Idah having a mental disability and then wishing our current owners would "f*cking die".

Absolute drain on society but thankfully their limited appearances this season suggest they've rightly not got the money to attend anymore.

• Like 1

I think I know who they are. Seemed to have hopped on board the away crowd in the past 18 months or so. 

The drums and the Elite aren't the problem. I love the way they arrive at the ground and don't stop all game. The home fans seem to like it too.

It's the **** who latch onto to them.

• Like 1

Is it true the drum and its carrier were refused entry on sat?  Due to attitude ?

So the drum is attracting the wrong kind of fans?  I can understand that - rebellious thickos who latch on to something "because it is there" is a common phenomenon in today's society. Anything that gives them a focus for spreading their vitriol and hate. Drums have been used throughout history to be a rallying call - good for fans, but not if it is attracting scum in the process.

This needs to be nipped in the bud straight away - the drummer needs to keep it quiet outside the ground and so not attract these low lifes. Once in the ground, not so bad maybe. 

Last thing the club needs is for a group of thugs congregating together around a drum outside the ground. They will spoil our reputation as a club if we are not careful. 

Edited by lake district canary

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

I've said for a while we have some really sh*t fans that has become more apparent over the past year or so. Of course, no-one liked to hear it but anyone who's been home or away will have heard and seen enough to know they exist. I think last season I made comment that some around me in the Lower Barclay were behaving the polar opposite to how a supporter should behave, so the only conclusion is they weren't real Norwich fans.

That didn't go down well on here when I mentioned it either, but this season they've only appeared twice, on both occasions to call every player we have a c*nt, to make comments about Idah having a mental disability and then wishing our current owners would "f*cking die".

Absolute drain on society but thankfully their limited appearances this season suggest they've rightly not got the money to attend anymore.

Wow Hog ,

i knew like all clubs we have some fans that go looking for trouble with away fans ,

i have never seen or been around trouble with Norwich vs Norwich fans like this !

i have seen Norwich season ticket holders Norfolk cockneys jump up when spurs score once that didn't last long though !!,

But that was all forgotten next home game ,

Crikey i remember years ago when we went away if you saw Norwich fans alone or small group you would say you want to walk with us to car park etc safety in Numbers in the bad old days 

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

Do you get to many away matches Hoggy? That’s where the more passionate fans are who tend to vent more strongly. 

• Like 1

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Do you get to many away matches Hoggy? That’s where the more passionate fans are who tend to vent more strongly. 

Typically 5-10 a season. Only 4 last season mind.

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Typically 5-10 a season. Only 4 last season mind.

Good effort. So when you’ve managed 5/10 matches but you’ve not heard worse than recently home or away from from our fans? 

For many years I had an away season ticket and you got to recognise different fans from all over the country. When I went North West I even used to see a guy I used to work with who lived near Manchester.

So perhaps it was the ‘Midland Day Trippers’ who caused all the squit…

14 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

For many years I had an away season ticket and you got to recognise different fans from all over the country. When I went North West I even used to see a guy I used to work with who lived near Manchester.

So perhaps it was the ‘Midland Day Trippers’ who caused all the squit…

Jesus! What a strange man you are. 

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Jesus! What a strange man you are. 

Jesus wasn't strange. You however, well that's a whole different kettle of fish...