Midlands Yellow

Coventry Predictions

I’m actually looking forward to this match now on what will be a very warm day. Coventry’s whole first choice midfield are all out injured after Kelly joined the physio room last night. Add their best full back to that list too and this should help the cause to come away with a point or three. 

25,000+ expected (we’ve sold over 3,000 tickets) and I’m going for a 3.2 win to get this rollercoaster season back on track. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m dreading it!

Live just outside coventry and most of my mates are coventry fans so it’s one of the biggest games of the season for me.

need to have the bragging rights!

To be honest, I think we'd have beaten Swansea if Idah's header had gone in and for much of that second half we looked like we were on the front foot. We threw a point away there really as Wagner decided he went a bit too gung-ho. Your number 10 has to be really good at holding the ball up if you're playing without a defensive midfielder and your striker has to put the willies up the defenders with the press. This is why we're nowhere near as solid without both Barnes and Sargent.

Up to the lads to perform here. I think we'll get at least a draw, might just nick it with a counter-attack featuring a winger off the bench. Same thing nearly had Swansea.

3 hours ago, rock bus said:

I’m dreading it!

Live just outside coventry and most of my mates are coventry fans so it’s one of the biggest games of the season for me.

need to have the bragging rights!

I spent almost 10 years working in Cov (Whitley), however, for their League 1 & League 2 days, the Cov fans in the office went very quiet... just like the Ipswich fans.

2.1 defeat. Unless city get a grip they are sleepwalking to league 1.

Edited by City fan
Update

Robins v Wagner? No contest.

The fact that we seem to be encouraged by injuries to some of Coventry's key players speaks volumes about expectations and consequently about the lack of faith in the manager and the squad that has come about after the way we have compensated for the loss of Josh Sargent and others. 

The canny Mark Robins is, however, more likely to find a way around his injury problems so that a draw is the best we can expect, imo.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Head says: Hard fought draw for me.

We will go one down and struggle to get back into the game. 

Heart says: Cov 0 - City 3 

Think we're starting to see the sort of rut we were in at the end of last season.

Lots of puffed up chests and grim expressions followed by even more soundbites about 'hurting' and 'letting the fans down'. 

Optimism for first 15 to 20 minutes of match characterised by sitters, the missing of,

Then we concede a soft goal, respond by switching  to a 1-1-8 formation and concede another. Rinse and repeat.

Cov 2 Narch 0.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

To be honest, I think we'd have beaten Swansea if Idah's header had gone in and for much of that second half we looked like we were on the front foot. We threw a point away there really as Wagner decided he went a bit too gung-ho. Your number 10 has to be really good at holding the ball up if you're playing without a defensive midfielder and your striker has to put the willies up the defenders with the press. This is why we're nowhere near as solid without both Barnes and Sargent.

Up to the lads to perform here. I think we'll get at least a draw, might just nick it with a counter-attack featuring a winger off the bench. Same thing nearly had Swansea.

I agree, we were poor for the majority of the game but should have scored and gone onto win despite a poor showing.

Wagner really needs to grind out a result here as next up after that Leeds, and I can't see anything otherthan a big fat zero out of that one.

2-2

If Forsyth plays, one of the centre backs replaced, Hernandez not in the squad, Sara plays forward and if our set piece's come off ......0 - 0.

If that injury list is real then play three at the back, pin their right back and attack their left side at every opportunity. 3-0 win !!! 

OR ..... they have a hidden gem in their development squad, who even Coventry are only vaguely aware of,  who comes in and slam-dunks us from midfield and we lose 4-3. 

Looking forward to it. Just love the uncertainty of football. OTBC

9 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

If that injury list is real then play three at the back, pin their right back and attack their left side at every opportunity. 3-0 win !!! 

OR ..... they have a hidden gem in their development squad, who even Coventry are only vaguely aware of,  who comes in and slam-dunks us from midfield and we lose 4-3. 

It’s certainly real, Sheaf, Palmer and Kelly all out. 

We have a good recent record against them and I don't think their press will be as good as some of those we have faced recently;  

It's impossible to predict,  who knows what frame of mind and level.of performance the team will turn up with; we are good enough to win but who knows.

I do think the first goal will be crucial, I will feel confident fisent of we can get to half time ahead

Anything other than a convincing win, people will be calling for Wagners head. I get the feel its starting to get a little sour.

18 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

The regular right back who looked very good early in the season is out too. I don’t think we can use our injuries as an excuse tomorrow, theirs is probably worse. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Getting a result against a below par Coventry eleven will achieve nothing but further cloud the real issues and weaknesses within our current set-up. 

My original thought was that the team should aspire to go all out to keep in touch with the top six until we have our most important combatants back from injury i.e. do enough to be in a position to mount an onslaught in the New Year.

However, the last three miserable away results against moderate outfits and my rapidly diminishing faith in the suitability of Wagner have well and truly scuppered that ambition.

We have mid-table mediocrity written all over us.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Wagner says he likes to keep a settled defensive unit. That's us knackered then if he persists with the Duffy and Gibson partnership

4 minutes ago, canarycop said:

Wagner says he likes to keep a settled defensive unit. That's us knackered then if he persists with the Duffy and Gibson partnership

Odd statement really, yep a settled back four is great if you are a tight defensive unit, we are not. Worrying statement if the CBs tomorrow remain Gibson and Duffy.