What are the people like in the seat next to you? I moved this season and now have a brilliant view. I have noticed that the guy in the seat next to me swears like a trooper and I'm told that's why my predecessor moved. It doesn't bother me in the slightest but he is extraordinarily prolific. .He is particularly fond of the f word and managed over 50 in the first half alone on Saturday. Idah and Gibson were probably responsible for 60% of those. 

I read a cricket book by the wife of Phil Edmunds, the England spinner. She said John Emburey was the same. She asked him how his back was and he replied "the fcuking fcuker's ****ed". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I used to be like that guy- probably pissed a few people off who sat near me. I've aimed to moderate my language since.

We've got a chap who goes through a minimum of two hotdogs a game, he puts a lot of money into the club's coffers over the course of a season that's for sure. Knowledgeable guy when it comes to the sport though and always nice to see him when the new season comes around.

When I was a kid we had a grandfather and grandson in front of us that will always stick out in my memory. The kid would spend almost the entire game playing Fifa on a PSP. The grandfather was never annoyed by this though and would sometimes, almost proudly, point out the teams he was beating to people sitting around him - 'he just beat Liverpool'. That would have been the Grant or Roeder era so maybe the kid had the right idea.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

What are the people like in the seat next to you? I moved this season and now have a brilliant view. I have noticed that the guy in the seat next to me swears like a trooper and I'm told that's why my predecessor moved. It doesn't bother me in the slightest but he is extraordinarily prolific. .He is particularly fond of the f word and managed over 50 in the first half alone on Saturday. Idah and Gibson were probably responsible for 60% of those. 

I read a cricket book by the wife of Phil Edmunds, the England spinner. She said John Emburey was the same. She asked him how his back was and he replied "the fcuking fcuker's ****ed". 

I swear all the time when chatting with mates or whatever, if used properly it's perfectly fine. I do however think it's a bit weird shouting swear words loudly in front of what are basically strangers, even if it is at a football game.

I'll also add I met my first long term girlfriend sitting behind me at Carrow Road when I was 15. So obviously liked who I was sitting with at that period.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I swear all the time when chatting with mates or whatever, if used properly it's perfectly fine. I do however think it's a bit weird shouting swear words loudly in front of what are basically strangers, even if it is at a football game.

I think it's a bit odd spending £500 a year on something that makes you so unhappy. But he doesn't really shout, he just has a loud voice.

Things are made worse by the fact that the lovely young lady behind me counts the f words which makes my friend (sitting on the other side of me) giggle. The swearer is totally oblivious to all of this. 

All made the stranger by the fact it's in the River End. 

• Like 1

Moved to the River End to accommodate the small person wanting a ticket.

Got a family next to us and the mum loves interacting with her, they were singing Jonny Jonny Rowe together on Saturday!

However, the other side of us (my side) is really odd... 2 young lads (20 years old max), who arrive 10-15 minutes into the game, spend the whole time on betting apps, and I mean the WHOPE time (one of the actually missed Sara's goal looking at his phone Saturday), and then leave about the 70th minute mark.

What's the point?

• Confused 1

I must’ve old fashioned cannot understand in normal conversation why people have to use the F and C word all the time

Was having a drink outside at Wetherspoons with my wife near what supposably is  the staff table and every other word was Fock She complained to the Manager who couldn’t give a Fock 

Just another breakdown in morals

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Moved to the River End to accommodate the small person wanting a ticket.

Got a family next to us and the mum loves interacting with her, they were singing Jonny Jonny Rowe together on Saturday!

However, the other side of us (my side) is really odd... 2 young lads (20 years old max), who arrive 10-15 minutes into the game, spend the whole time on betting apps, and I mean the WHOPE time (one of the actually missed Sara's goal looking at his phone Saturday), and then leave about the 70th minute mark.

What's the point?

My eyes have been opened over the years to just  how many season ticket holders are there for being around football in general, regardless of any support for the club that they pay & go along to.

It may be their main club by default, which they just don’t feel particularly attached to or care for. Or they may support nobody, or some other club. Either way, it’s just the nearest professional club to them and is a convenient venue.

I’ve seen it with strangers, friends and acquaintances, up and down the country.

I absolutely don’t get it . But then they wouldn’t get my interest and passion for  Norwich, or my general indifference to the rest of football in terms of elite clubs, elite players, betting, and so on.

• Like 1

Getting  back to the subject of Love Thy Neighbour I have four men sitting a few rows back from a me who constantly call the linesman an effing **** . They manage to do it in harmony almost like a barbershop quartet 

Right or wrong he’s still an effing **** in their eyes

4 minutes ago, daly said:

Getting  back to the subject of Love Thy Neighbour I have four men sitting a few rows back from a me who constantly call the linesman an effing **** . They manage to do it in harmony almost like a barbershop quartet 

Right or wrong he’s still an effing **** in their eyes

I wonder if they practice? All meet at Dave's for Monday night football.

Reading this thread, maybe Stuart Webber had a point

50 minutes ago, daly said:

I'd suggest that some of the attitudes you'd encounter far more frequently in your youth are significantly less moral than a bit of vulgar language in a pub before a football match. Swings and roundabouts. 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I think it's a bit odd spending £500 a year on something that makes you so unhappy. But he doesn't really shout, he just has a loud voice.

Things are made worse by the fact that the lovely young lady behind me counts the f words which makes my friend (sitting on the other side of me) giggle. The swearer is totally oblivious to all of this. 

All made the stranger by the fact it's in the River End. 

@canarydan23 sounds like hes sitting next to you mate. 

Bloke behind me (sometimes) has an irrational hatred of Gibson. First game of the season after 5 mins BG stuck a clearance into the snake pit and our friend went crackers . Gibson only has to run out for the second half and crackers boy loses his shït. 

I did notice on Saturday that Idah has now taken the eye of Crackers. The crowning moment was when Idah miscontrolled on the half way line to be told he was a “f***ing pointless waste of f***ing time”. 

I’m sure that lifted Adams spirits no end. 

Thought this thread was going to be about Ipswich.

It's fine where I sit, a good mix of swearers, hate the ref, happy clappers, 'good ballers', Idah haters, give it large to the away fans etc etc.

Just as it should be.

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'd suggest that some of the attitudes you'd encounter far more frequently in your youth are significantly less moral than a bit of vulgar language in a pub before a football match. Swings and roundabouts. 

This is not on a match day I’m referring to if you read post

6 minutes ago, daly said:

This is not on a match day I’m referring to if you read post

Fair enough, I guess my brain just doesn't compute with anyone (that isn't a uni student) willingly going to Spoons on anything other than a match day.

Doesn't really change the sentiment of my post though. 

9 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

My apologies........

• Haha 1

I sit in the River End, I do have a young couple beside me but as she is a nurse & got a young son she is not always there so the seats are either filled by them or either lucky dip/empty.

People in front of me are happy clappers and if you dare criticise any mistake, Idah being useless you get a good tut or death stare.

10 hours ago, daly said:

I must’ve old fashioned cannot understand in normal conversation why people have to use the F and C word all the time

..... I'm old fashioned too...... and I've got a mouth like a sailor. 

It's called letting off steam, like the punch ups back in the 70s  but without the hospital visit... 

17 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

**** you you ****ing ****er.

HELVITIS SPASSARI!!!! 

(Which means funking moron in Faroese).

On 02/10/2023 at 11:44, daly said:

Was having a drink outside at Wetherspoons with my wife near what supposably is  the staff table and every other word was Fock She complained to the Manager who couldn’t give a Fock 

That is the only "language" some have.. that, and grunts. Sole reason they feel put upon when certain words are censored in certain environments, they feel they cannot say anything at all. 

If they were to expand their lexicons and swear less often (mind you, even their swear words bag is really limited) it would have more impact. 

On 02/10/2023 at 14:37, KeiranShikari said:

Fair enough, I guess my brain just doesn't compute with anyone (that isn't a uni student) willingly going to Spoons on anything other than a match day.

Doesn't really change the sentiment of my post though. 

The beer and wine is cheap

Some of staff are on another planet

Managers useless

When you’ve got a server with a ring in his nose picking it while handling food you know it’s time to eat elsewhere 

Edited by daly