CANARYKING

Where’s all the money gone?

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

How come we’re always skint, scrapping the barrel with signings then pay it them £40k a week, that’s how.

Could be worse - without Attansio’s money, would already be in Administration.

2 minutes ago, Davidlingfield said:

But we are a well run family club with a lovely octogenarian majority shareholder who loves the football club 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Davidlingfield said:

You'd have to ask the question how the hell we allowed that to happen though with 2 recent promotions to the EPL and sold Emi for £35m.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

You'd have to ask the question how the hell we allowed that to happen though with 2 recent promotions to the EPL and sold Emi for £35m.

Pretty straightforward - husband and wife combo running the Club (the Webbers, not the Smith’s) with no independent scrutiny. Money wasted everywhere…..

3 minutes ago, Davidlingfield said:

Pretty straightforward - husband and wife combo running the Club (the Webbers, not the Smith’s) with no independent scrutiny. Money wasted everywhere…..

Not saying we're close to administration but somewhere we totally lost the plot. 

5 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

We have a new swimming pool? 

The club will next be asking the supporters to bring in bottles of chlorinated water as a contribution to the New Colney pool....

Neppers Tom will do his bit and pour the donated water in to the pool....

29 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

The club will next be asking the supporters to bring in bottles of chlorinated water as a contribution to the New Colney pool....

Neppers Tom will do his bit and pour the donated water in to the pool....

I’ll make sure mine is a suitable colour orange 

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I’ll make sure mine is a suitable colour orange 

Drink something with a high riboflavin content like an energy drink or indeed most decent soluble multi-vitamin tablets. Turns your pee fluorescent yellow.

1 hour ago, Davidlingfield said:

Well actually two sets of husbands and wife's. Farcical situation has been allowed to develop and one can but pray that the boy Athanasio may see through this and take the necessary action. Oh wait! He's wedded to The Stowmarket Two for another 2 years and 4 months 'at the minimum'! May God have mercy on our souls.    

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Is there any way we can find out about the money? I think the club should have to show where the money goes every year as a bare minimum. 

Yeah, and they should have to publish them at least once a year too. They perhaps should be scrutinised by a regulatory body every year but I might be going a bit far with that one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Is there any way we can find out about the money? I think the club should have to show where the money goes every year as a bare minimum. 

You know where it goes. I have told you enough times.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

You know where it goes. I have told you enough times.

You can’t tell the difference between life and death. Your word cannot be trusted based on that alone. 

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

You can’t tell the difference between life and death. Your word cannot be trusted based on that alone. 

Maybe the Webbers can walk on water?

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

Covid wipes out the Buendia fee but still a shocking use of club resources. 

Stop blaming Covid. All businesses lost money, NCFC continued with the season ticket renewals back in 2020, because we’re self-funded. Supporters paying the price, again.

I reckon the money's gone where it always goes. And I reckon folk want richer owners so that more money can go where it always goes.

Covid? I remember that. For a few short weeks when we were most scared there were threads saying it would bring about a reset in values...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I reckon the money's gone where it always goes. And I reckon folk want richer owners so that more money can go where it always goes.

Covid? I remember that. For a few short weeks when we were most scared there were threads saying it would bring about a reset in values...

And our players didn't take a cut while the rest of us did. Sums it up. And we pander to them.