12 hours ago, Corbs1 said:

Klose saved us, my smirk post match said it all, I remember an Ipswich fan after, no colours, our eyes met, and he really wanted to …. 

I don't know if this story is going to end in violence or a beautiful love story across the divide ...

• Haha 2

Ipswich are currently in an automatic promotion slot for the Premier League & understandably high on confidence & belief. However, shipping 3 goals against Blackburn shows their vulnerability. The Championship table shows Ipswich are 61.5% better than Norwich at earning valuable league points. That's scary...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

Ipswich are currently in an automatic promotion slot for the Premier League & understandably high on confidence & belief. However, shipping 3 goals against Blackburn shows their vulnerability. The Championship table shows Ipswich are 61.5% better than Norwich at earning valuable league points. That's scary...

I don’t think they’re vulnerable at all.

They’re flying. Able to turn games around and respond to set backs. They’re winning games 1-0 and free scoring in others… they can win different ways. 

They’re absolutely a club on the up, and the yellow and green East Anglian supremacy is coming to an end. There is no way this squad is capable of the run they’re on.

There are so many similarities between them and us under Lambert. And sadly, I see Ipswich beating us in similar fashion as we beat them in Lamberts Champs season. That’s not being defeatist, it’s looking at it objectively. 

Perhaps they’ll suffer some injuries to key players which slows them down a bit.. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I don’t think they’re vulnerable at all.

They’re flying. Able to turn games around and respond to set backs. They’re winning games 1-0 and free scoring in others… they can win different ways. 

They’re absolutely a club on the up, and the yellow and green East Anglian supremacy is coming to an end. There is no way this squad is capable of the run they’re on.

There are so many similarities between them and us under Lambert. And sadly, I see Ipswich beating us in similar fashion as we beat them in Lamberts Champs season. That’s not being defeatist, it’s looking at it objectively. 

Perhaps they’ll suffer some injuries to key players which slows them down a bit.. 

Binner

On 24/09/2023 at 05:51, Mason 47 said:

It's September? 

On 24/09/2023 at 05:55, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Yes! well done, but what comes after? 

.......erm, October?......

On 24/09/2023 at 10:01, cambridgeshire canary said:

The only good thing about Ipswich is they are still yet to beat any teams that should be in the top three and despite winning still look like letting in lots of goals at the back

Binner!

Hate it and only a bit ago the Ipswich fan in my building was gloating, no i don't want to play them now and i hope by the time we do we are so much better than we are, its already 8 points and we must improve or its going to be a sh1t show by the time we play them.

They've gone with modern thinking for an average Club, find a sponsor to plough a load of money in, buy your way to promotion and repeat.

Interestingly, they were struggling to attract 14,000 through the gate 2 years ago, suddenly, it's double that, plastic Club, plastic fans.

It's possible that they could make mid table in the Prem over the next few years but that's their ceiling.

They'd better hope their investors don't cut and run, or they could very well end up back in League One......... fingers crossed 🤞 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, splendidrush said:

They've gone with modern thinking for an average Club, find a sponsor to plough a load of money in, buy your way to promotion and repeat.

Interestingly, they were struggling to attract 14,000 through the gate 2 years ago, suddenly, it's double that, plastic Club, plastic fans.

It's possible that they could make mid table in the Prem over the next few years but that's their ceiling.

They'd better hope their investors don't cut and run, or they could very well end up back in League One......... fingers crossed 🤞 

If we spent 15 odd seasons in mid table championship mediocrity, our attendances would be similar. As they were in the late 90’s after only a few seasons of it. 

“Mid table in the prem” that would be awful to see. As for it being their “ceiling” I’m struggling how that could be expressed in a negative way? 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

36 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

If we spent 15 odd seasons in mid table championship mediocrity, our attendances would be similar. As they were in the late 90’s after only a few seasons of it. 

“Mid table in the prem” that would be awful to see. As for it being their “ceiling” I’m struggling how that could be expressed in a negative way? 

You really do seem to be veering more and more towards that club as their success story piles up. This latest post is an out-and-out defence of the previous poster's put down. 

Hmm.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

What gets forgotten is how low the Binners sunk . Selling a busted flush was easy once Evans was prepared to write off the £100m “debt”
For various reasons Evans was a motivated seller prepared to take an offer . 

NCFC “problem” is the value of the club. Not least the value of the assets. Deep pockets are required to buy the football club and that is before any investment in the team. 
I haven’t followed ITFC but assume that once the American pension fund got control the majority of the money has gone into the team - wages and signings. 

Our current owners sit on a valuable asset. Even if they wanted to give the club away HMRC would have more than a cursory interest . They are also not motivated sellers. I suspect they don’t really want to , but for entirely different various reasons have been persuaded to move to a position of parity with MA. 

Pesky minority shareholders (like me) haven’t helped ! 

The takeover that isn’t a takeover . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

6 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

You really do seem to be veering more and more towards that club as their success story piles up. This latest post is an out-and-out defence of the previous poster's put down. 

Hmm.

Hmm, what? I'm a closet Ipswich Town fan? 

The poster suggested mid table EPL was as good as it would get for them, as if to say, don't worry all will be fine!  If that ceiling was reached, it would represent an enormous achievement and one that would cast us in their shadow. A ceiling we'd all take in a heartbeat!

I'm bitterly disappointed to see us below Ipswich. But it can't be ignored, it's a measuring stick that really hits home. Well, to me at least. 

And playing very well against wolves tonight with lots of changes too 😏🙄

They've got some resilience to them, I still think if we had a fully fit squad we'd nail them.  But right now, there's quite a difference between us and it's really annoying seeing how buoyant they are.

Only saving grace is that I don't know their squad enough to form any genuine dislike to any of their players... That will all change come December, I'm sure.

17 minutes ago, daz said:

And playing very well against wolves tonight with lots of changes too 😏🙄

They seem to be relying on the "outscore your foe" method. It will catch up to them by christmas and the injuries and tiredness kicks in.

12 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

What gets forgotten is how low the Binners sunk . Selling a busted flush was easy once Evans was prepared to write off the £100m “debt”
For various reasons Evans was a motivated seller prepared to take an offer . 

NCFC “problem” is the value of the club. Not least the value of the assets. Deep pockets are required to buy the football club and that is before any investment in the team. 
I haven’t followed ITFC but assume that once the American pension fund got control the majority of the money has gone into the team - wages and signings. 

Our current owners sit on a valuable asset. Even if they wanted to give the club away HMRC would have more than a cursory interest . They are also not motivated sellers. I suspect they don’t really want to , but for entirely different various reasons have been persuaded to move to a position of parity with MA. 

Pesky minority shareholders (like me) haven’t helped ! 

The takeover that isn’t a takeover . 

I wondered how a pension fund could justify investing into a football club, which, more often than not, is a complete money pit.
I'd never want my pension funds going into propping up a football club !

5 minutes ago, K Lo said:

I wondered how a pension fund could justify investing into a football club, which, more often than not, is a complete money pit.

Me too!

What's mine is mine.

But I do want to other people's funds invested :classic_ninja:

7 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Hmm, what? I'm a closet Ipswich Town fan? 

The poster suggested mid table EPL was as good as it would get for them, as if to say, don't worry all will be fine!  If that ceiling was reached, it would represent an enormous achievement and one that would cast us in their shadow. A ceiling we'd all take in a heartbeat!

I'm bitterly disappointed to see us below Ipswich. But it can't be ignored, it's a measuring stick that really hits home. Well, to me at least. 

Cast us in their shadow ? Twenty years of failure. Twenty years outside the PL. Fours in LI. They have an awful way to go to catch up on us. One season, whatever the outcome will not do that. They could have started by winning LI last season. They didn't.

3 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Cast us in their shadow ? Twenty years of failure. Twenty years outside the PL. Fours in LI. They have an awful way to go to catch up on us. One season, whatever the outcome will not do that. They could have started by winning LI last season. They didn't.

Two down tonight and now winning, some of us have our eyes open. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Two down tonight and now winning, some of us have our eyes open. 

Yeah, that of your OneEyed Trouser Maggot where you’re pulling your plonker so hard over the scum. Dirty barsted. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, K Lo said:

I think you mightmneed to look at other US purchases of UK clubs. They never turn out to be the friendly old 'uncle sam' as first thought. The pension fund has fronted the money for the 'three amigos' to scoop up the wealth there to be had. Or so they have likely spun the tale. But can anyone on here name a club outside of the top 8 or so who regulatly turn a profit ? Most are huge loss making outfits.

It is likly that those the otherside of the pond were taken in by glib talk, as was ITFC when it handed over the club to Mucus. The pension fund has only one interest, as it should. The amount of interest it's loans will generate. The clock is ticking.

I see one of them has 3 assists. Pretty impressive with webbed feet. 

Anyone got Tonya hardings number? She should pay him a visit!

4 minutes ago, RobJames said:

I think you mightmneed to look at other US purchases of UK clubs. They never turn out to be the friendly old 'uncle sam' as first thought. The pension fund has fronted the money for the 'three amigos' to scoop up the wealth there to be had. Or so they have likely spun the tale. But can anyone on here name a club outside of the top 8 or so who regulatly turn a profit ? Most are huge loss making outfits.

It is likly that those the otherside of the pond were taken in by glib talk, as was ITFC when it handed over the club to Mucus. The pension fund has only one interest, as it should. The amount of interest it's loans will generate. The clock is ticking.

It was the Binners being bought by Mucu Evans that started them with the "Mind the Gap" claims. They were right, being two divisions below us at times.

10 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Yeah, that of your OneEyed Trouser Maggot where you’re pulling your plonker so hard over the scum. Dirty barsted. 

I am shocked to learn that Midlands 'canary' is a closet binner.................................... I thought he had come out years ago

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RobJames said:

I am shocked to learn that Midlands 'canary' is a closet binner.................................... I thought he had come out years ago

Binner