5 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Did anyone from the club scout him? Never played a game in England yet still seen as some sort of saviour by Mr Webber. Another really poor signing to add to the ever growing list! 

Helen Keller. 

14 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Webber doing wonders again. Should we bring in a proven championship striker? Nah some random Korean whos not played for his club and is under investigaton will do

Yes I read about his investigation (for ease see his Wikipedia page)… sounds a horrible chap.

A strange choice by the club… poor football pedigree and some ALLEGED  nasty stuff about women. He shouldn’t be here tbh.

Hopefully Idah can come good. (And has confidence from scoring a couple ) 

Edited by yellow_belly

I've yet to see anything from Hwang to suggest he was worth signing. He's shown nothing more than the odd glimpse that makes him no better than Placheta or Tzolis

It's early days but the biggest problem is neither Hwang or Idah are really suited to this dual false 9 system Wagner wants to play.

Note in the second half Idah was far more of a traditional CF playing on the shoulder and looked considerably more threatening.

Hwang isn't small but he doesn't look like he can play deep in the same way Barnes can. 

44 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Club got no Seoul....

Ugh!

I usually find your postings amusing, but by God you can be corny.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Its not the players fault. He isn't good enough. Its those who recruited him the anger is at. Its the nature of the panic buy at the end of the window and now with our injuries, we are bereft of support. Adam is now scoring thank goodness but we need some support for him.

Not going to individually respond so take this as a double response.

Has it not occured to some of you that the team just played 3 games in 7 days?

What did you expect a 3 lung masterclass?

4 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Not going to individually respond so take this as a double response.

Has it not occured to some of you that the team just played 3 games in 7 days?

What did you expect a 3 lung masterclass?

Didn't Plymouth too?

That's scant excuse, especially nowadays whereby it is a squad game more than ever before and more substitutes are allowed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Didn't Plymouth too?

That's scant excuse, especially nowadays whereby it is a squad game more than ever before and more substitutes are allowed.

Then blame our squad for being lightweight.

The fact springett gets on the bench shows how slim it actually is.

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Then blame our squad for being lightweight.

The fact springett gets on the bench shows how slim it actually is.

And who’s fault is that with two years of parachute payments?

1 hour ago, Indy said:

And who’s fault is that with two years of parachute payments?

The same ones half the board has been blaming since 2015?

Webber?

Wagner?

The drum?

The fans?

Get a grip.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nexus_Canary said:

The same ones half the board has been blaming since 2015?

Webber?

Wagner?

The drum?

The fans?

Get a grip.

I’m asking you as you bought it up? Who do you think? Someone should be accountable shouldn’t they?

1 minute ago, Indy said:

I’m asking you as you bought it up? Who do you think? Someone should be accountable shouldn’t they?

Modern American thinking is accountability.

Can't we just admit we got humbled (after a good showing against a strong Leicester) and look to the next game?

We probs went in thinking it's only Plymouth I forgot they even had a football team.

If it makes you feel better blame Delia for being out of touch.

Blame Wagner for getting it wrong.

Blame hwang for not having minutes.

Blame gunn for letting 6 in

Blame Ipswich for daring to have a good season

Blame the prem for being out of our financial league

Blame Webber for wanting a job change

Like honestly if it makes you feel better blame whoever you want, doesn't fix it does it?

What's the point?

3 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Ugh!

I usually find your postings amusing, but by God you can be corny.

Fortunate that I haven't made a Korea of it then....

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Get the young lad from Man City we bought on at least we own him. 

i would like to see a Under 23 striker on the bench ,

we had 2 players who could play LB but no striker option ,

you just never know with young players some play with no fear 

not that it would have helped yesterday but better than playing a player who is not ours and not played football of note for ages 

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

It's early days but the biggest problem is neither Hwang or Idah are really suited to this dual false 9 system Wagner wants to play.

Note in the second half Idah was far more of a traditional CF playing on the shoulder and looked considerably more threatening.

Hwang isn't small but he doesn't look like he can play deep in the same way Barnes can. 

To solve this, Foreshaw and Kenny in the middle, push Sara up to 10 then start Idah at the out and out cf. 

• Like 1

The question about Hwang is would you look twice at him if he was playing on a Sunday morning at Sloughbottom Park and my answer is no.

15 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Can't be right surely. Cannon was our target but we wanted a loan only.

Hwang was knackered after 20 minutes. Must be one of the unfittest Koreans I ever seen, but then he is 31...

If you look at his career he hasn’t played much over the last couple  of years so I’m not surprised he’s knackered. 

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Modern American thinking is accountability.

Can't we just admit we got humbled (after a good showing against a strong Leicester) and look to the next game?

We probs went in thinking it's only Plymouth I forgot they even had a football team.

If it makes you feel better blame Delia for being out of touch.

Blame Wagner for getting it wrong.

Blame hwang for not having minutes.

Blame gunn for letting 6 in

Blame Ipswich for daring to have a good season

Blame the prem for being out of our financial league

Blame Webber for wanting a job change

Like honestly if it makes you feel better blame whoever you want, doesn't fix it does it?

What's the point?

Nice, so sarcasm on a forum for discussion is very good for debate! I’ll leave it there.

Nobody has mentioned his salary. Did we do a deal with Forest on the Omo sale? Are we paying his wages in full, which I guess will be north of £40k a week?

We all knew we needed a striker oven ready to replace Sarge, and as it transpired Barnes as well, so why the hell did we choose someone so damn unsuitable. As mentioned it does appear a panic signing with very little forethought.

Having said all that he really needs to start against Fulham to get minutes in his legs and Idah wrapped up in cotton wool.

23 minutes ago, Indy said:

Nice, so sarcasm on a forum for discussion is very good for debate! I’ll leave it there.

I wasn't being sarcastic .

As I pointed out, blame who you want if it makes you feel better.
But it changes nothing.

5 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I wasn't being sarcastic .

As I pointed out, blame who you want if it makes you feel better.
But it changes nothing.

I’m not blaming anyone, you bought up blame in your first response. We were debating what the squad issues are, Whang being one which looks a really poor choice, but time will tell!

Funny how some want to just "move on". To say on one hand the squad is too lightweight then castigate posters for blaming Webber, the recruitment Czar is bizarre.

15 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Nobody has mentioned his salary. Did we do a deal with Forest on the Omo sale? Are we paying his wages in full, which I guess will be north of £40k a week?

We all knew we needed a striker oven ready to replace Sarge, and as it transpired Barnes as well, so why the hell did we choose someone so damn unsuitable. As mentioned it does appear a panic signing with very little forethought.

Having said all that he really needs to start against Fulham to get minutes in his legs and Idah wrapped up in cotton wool.

One thing I think we know about Webber by now. He panics. Never mind ignoring the noise, he panics. He panicked in the recruitment at the start of our last Premier stint, he panicked in firing Farke, he panicked in hiring Smith, he's now panicked by bringing in Hwang. Again and again the same thing happens. We are told we have this network of agents all around the world coolly working out the very best options, but when push comes to shove, we hit the panic button.

Edited by canarybubbles