dylanisabaddog

Tuesday night football

2 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

That 4-4 at St Mary’s looking more like two dropped points as every match day passes.

It looked like 2 dropped points at the time, we were robbed in that match by awful officiating

• Like 3

Just now, cornish sam said:

It looked like 2 dropped points at the time, we were robbed in that match by awful officiating

Absolutely - any other day that’s 5-3, or better, to us.

Saints need a lift - hope they can get at least a draw tonight 

Who the hell is that on co-comms for Radio Southampton...

The boos ring out at St Marys. Important 45 coming up for Russell Martin. Saints are a shadow of the Swansea team that destroyed us last season.

Binners very confident, simple no fuss football and get it forward quickly.

Russell Martin was always a longer term plan rather than a quick fix. Would be silly to sack him in September but as we've seen before if the locals become restless it's very difficult to not act.

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Russell Martin skating on thin ice.

Borrowed time already I’m thinking. He reminds me of Nathan Jones, always jumping ship at the first opportunity. Martin was just starting to do a job at Swansea but I guess money talks. 

35 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Good to hear binners songs are still 90% about us.......rent free

Whereas only 50% of ours are about them (smiley face)

33 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Russell Martin can't have much more time left, they're worse than when Nathan Jones was there. 

Nathan Jones has been gone too long.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Who the hell is that on co-comms for Radio Southampton...

He's got some odd optimism going on, must work for the club, reminds of the kind of things Lappin comes out with in the past.

41 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Martin will be gone if they lose this. i will never ever understand that style of playing out at the back where you do it slowly, walk on the ball and don't have players move infront of the defence. 

it's fine if teams are sitting back against you but against a hard working pressing team it's suicidal unless you're a top class team. We have some nervy moments under Wagner but generally we try to play out quickly and players offer options so there's a purpose to it and if pressed we go long, Martin's Southampton are playing that idealistic Man City-lite way and it's not doing them any favours.  

I don't know, there were several occasions against Stoke where Gunn either stopped with the ball at his feet or just strolled forward leisurely with no intention of playing the ball until he was pressed. The logic is that when doing this, the opponents come forward with a high press and you're potentially only two or three quick passes away from creating a four-on-four situation on the halfway line against a defence that isn't set.

18 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Russell Martin was always a longer term plan rather than a quick fix. Would be silly to sack him in September but as we've seen before if the locals become restless it's very difficult to not act.

Martin hasn't been a fast starter in either of his other jobs, and it was said in preseason that Southampton fans should expect the same whilst his style of play beds in. It makes little sense to make the change so early.

• Like 1

Russell Martin needs to engage his inner, Paul Lambert, Neil Adams, Alex Neil and Daniel Farke mode here and slap the 5cum

22 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Ipswich flying. 

A lot of people ridiculed for predicting they’d do well. 

Early days, but they look like beating anyone right now. Confidence is sky high.

I really dont see anything about them though....if theyre where they are in the league, maybe it isnt a strong as many thought it would be

Can only be good news for us if it isnt...but can see Leeds rising to the top positions shortly

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

9 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I really dont see anything about them though....if theyre where they are in the league, maybe it isnt a strong as many thought it would be

Can only be good news for us if it isnt...but can see Leeds rising to the top positions shortly

Agree with this,  this has been a terrible match with 2 very poor sides.

20 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We did get a duff result against Rotherham though.
I didn't think they'd be a walk over but thought there was enough in the Norwich squad to edge past them. Didn't think norwich started until half time.

Edited by K Lo

23 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It's a poor quality league, but it's competitive.

Southampton surely have to shoot at some stage. This is woeful.

I knew Southampton couldnt defend...but still thought they had a goal in them. Theyve shown nothing here...not even a Walker-Peters dive in the box

First 90 mins I've watched of the scum.  Can see why they're doing so well, very solid and got the basics covered, you don't hand them possession like Saints were doing.  Hope we smash the ****ers in December.

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Ipswich are up there on merit, early days but very impressive form. 

I know the binners have some sort of ridiculous belief that they are every football supporters second team, but it genuinely seems to be true in your case. It feels like every fourth post you’re praising them.

Lets be honest. After being miles behind us 3 years ago the Town have closed the gap completely. Mainly thanks to a very capable manager. Watching tonights game they played four defensive midfielders strung across the pitch and looked strong and organised when defending. A poor Saints side never really looked like scoring. However I did not think they had much up front and we have better individual attackers apart from you know who !! At the end of the season I think we will finish just above them providing no other injuries to key players.

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Ipswich flying. 

A lot of people ridiculed for predicting they’d do well. 

Early days, but they look like beating anyone right now. Confidence is sky high.

They’ve had an incredibly kind start to the season though, Leeds was a decent result and they beat a 10 man Sunderland but the rest are teams I’d expect to be much closer to the relegation places than the playoffs. As we saw last season once you play a few teams nearer the top and drop a few points that confidence can deteriorate very quickly, and those 1 goal wins start turning into draws and defeats