Neither of them give

A f@&k about you

Now close the non-football section of this website because I just won

Edited by The Real Buh

20 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Neither of them give

A f@&k about you

We've been through this before. Just because Labour are a bit useless doesn't make them anything like as bad as the current sh!tshow who have literally trebled the national debt from £800bn to £2,500bn in just 13 years while running ever public service into the ground. 

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, Petriix said:

We've been through this before. Just because Labour are a bit useless doesn't make them anything like as bad as the current sh!tshow who have literally trebled the national debt from £800bn to £2,500bn in just 13 years while running ever public service into the ground. 

A choice between an utter catastrophe and something not quite as bad as an utter catastrophe is a pretty low bar for democracy.

Whether it's Labour in government or the Conservatives in government, the calculus is always 'is the current party in power so rubbish that I'm ready to give the only other viable option a go, even though they also have shown themselves to be a complete rubbish in the past as well'?

There are very good reasons to consider both Labour and the Conservatives unworthy of public trust based on the events of the 21st century, which necessitates reform to open the field to more parties and more choice for the voting public.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 2

The only true solution is to stop voting altogether in protest. Anarchy in the uk, get people that care in and not people with politics degrees and career politicians. Career politicians do what steps they need to evade being unpopular, politicians that do the right thing whether they’re popular or not. 

Plummy, old money, independent school, back scratching, glad handing, jowl necked c**t bags the lot of them. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

The only true solution is to stop voting altogether in protest. Anarchy in the uk, get people that care in and not people with politics degrees and career politicians. Career politicians do what steps they need to evade being unpopular, politicians that do the right thing whether they’re popular or not. 

1. If you stop voting, how do you get "people that care in...?"

2. If you have "politicians that do the right thing whether they are popular or not," they don't get elected and don't form the government - so they don't do anything, except let in people that don't care...

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

And the SNP are yellow.

I knew there had to be a reason why I have a soft spot for Norwich. 😉

They're not as good as hiding their corruption though

Politics is no more than a glorified “I’m a celebrity..” now.

Dumbed down to the lowest common denominator. Problem being, there are no more people invested in politics now than before but those that weren’t and simply voted as their parents did are now influenced by Social Media. Hence we get Boris “Well, he’s a bit of a t1t but he’d be first up on Karaoke down the Fiveways and he’d get his round in..” Johnson et al getting elected.

As the OP indicated, he never gave a flying fig about anyone or anything but himself, that’s why he lied and lied and lied, flip flopped over Brexit and always ruffled his hair before any public appearance. The cad.

I thought May was the worst PM I’d ever see in my lifetime and with what’s followed, she’s not even in the relegation zone. You’re welcome to your opinion that “they’re all as bad as each other” and perhaps you’ll be right, I still have some hope that there are enough folk with scruples and the best intentions on the other side of the house that “Things Can Only Get Better”.

I door-knocked for Kinnock as an 8 year old, I stood on a picket line before that. Starmer is a wetty but you alter nothing from opposition. Only priority is to win. Currently, unless he was seen defecating on the Union Flag while dancing on Princess Diana’s grave stamping on kittens, he’s a certainty. Just hope he then grows some nuts. 

• Like 5

GTTO is all that matters at the moment. This government is the worst, most corrupt, incompetent and nastiest any of us have known.

"They're all as bad as each other?" Bollox are they. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

A choice between an utter catastrophe and something not quite as bad as an utter catastrophe is a pretty low bar for democracy.

Whether it's Labour in government or the Conservatives in government, the calculus is always 'is the current party in power so rubbish that I'm ready to give the only other viable option a go, even though they also have shown themselves to be a complete rubbish in the past as well'?

There are very good reasons to consider both Labour and the Conservatives unworthy of public trust based on the events of the 21st century, which necessitates reform to open the field to more parties and more choice for the voting public.

But this would require both Conservative and Labour party's to agree on something ..... something to the detriment of both.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Conrad said:

But this would require both Conservative and Labour party's to agree on something ..... something to the detriment of both.

That's true if most voters prioritise voting against one or the other over voting for another option.

When Labour overtook the old liberals in the early 20th century, it happened because people started voting for them with no mind to whether it would advantages the Tories or the Liberals.

Only way anything will change is if people start voting for their preferred option.

8 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Corruption?

You mean like how the Prime Minister dabbling in inside trading so that his wife's family can rake it £1.5bn-£2.5b from the new North Sea licenses?

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/sunaks-family-firm-signed-a-billion-dollar-deal-with-bp-before-pm-opened-new-north-sea-licences-353690/

Or the "misuse of stationary" that the SNP are being accused of?

https://news.stv.tv/politics/snps-stephen-flynn-under-investigation-over-misuse-of-westminster-stationery

Those opportunistic bastards! Let's forget about the illegal inside trading which will lead to his mega-rich family receive more billions - whilst families in the UK have to rely on food banks - and focus on what's really important.

Coffee mugs.

I said hiding it, I didn't say they were more corrupt,no one is more corrupt than the Tories... the SNP are still learning...

8 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I thought May was the worst PM I’d ever see in my lifetime and with what’s followed, she’s not even in the relegation zone.

Really? I know that she had an incredibly difficult time as PM, but look at what she inherited! Similar in some ways to Wilson 2 + Callaghan.

IMO, the worst PM in my  lifetime was Thatcher, who is strangely beloved by so many, who used asset sales, north sea oil revenues and a credit boom to launch the country on a long-term "false boom" financed by the "one off" financial benefits. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Reform are going to do well next election 

Nope, they'll do a UKIP in 2015 at best. Probably get a fair number of second places in many seats, but not many seats. Think they might split the Tory vote in some areas though.

In just over twelve months time the country will turn red, I hope the majority of voters will be be bright enough to realise that they won't see any real change to their lives for many years.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

That's true if most voters prioritise voting against one or the other over voting for another option.

When Labour overtook the old liberals in the early 20th century, it happened because people started voting for them with no mind to whether it would advantages the Tories or the Liberals.

Only way anything will change is if people start voting for their preferred option.

Only the UK and Belarus still use the FPTP system in Europe which tells you why Britain is declining and decaying very fast.

We badly need PR to be introduced and also to do away with the system of power and privilege by birth.

The richest here are getting very rich and everyone else is paying for it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Neither of them give

A f@&k about you

What a brave, original and unique sentiment. 

Its been at least two weeks since we had someone say the exact same thing.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Don't care as long as we sign a striker.

RMT or junior doctor? 😁

55 minutes ago, Badger said:

Really? I know that she had an incredibly difficult time as PM, but look at what she inherited! Similar in some ways to Wilson 2 + Callaghan.

IMO, the worst PM in my  lifetime was Thatcher, who is strangely beloved by so many, who used asset sales, north sea oil revenues and a credit boom to launch the country on a long-term "false boom" financed by the "one off" financial benefits. 

Perhaps I could have worded it better. The damage of May will be minuscule in comparison to Thatcher; I should probably have said that she appeared the weakest, least deserving PM I could remember but all she has been followed by are worse. A veritable race to the bottom.

Lee Anderson next? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Nope, they'll do a UKIP in 2015 at best. Probably get a fair number of second places in many seats, but not many seats. Think they might split the Tory vote in some areas though.

From the rumblings on the street, I think they'll do better than UKIP as they are offering something to more than just the far right

1 minute ago, NFN FC said:

From the rumblings on the street, I think they'll do better than UKIP as they are offering something to more than just the far right

Which, certainly how I see it at least, makes it more likely to take some of the Tory vote too, as well as attract some of the disenfranchised who won't usually vote but think they're being better represented.

PR would be a start, but it's not a panacea. Said for years I'd want to go absolutely full Swiss, and the passing of the years has only consolidated that opinion.

14 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I guess there aren't any mods on this forum anymore? Get this thead over to the non football section 😜

You should apply…