cambridgeshire canary

Tom Cannon; Have we made a 7 million bid?

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

He didn't do too much when we stuffed Preston 4-0 last season but maybe he wasn''t given the right ammunition.

(Despite the slight joke, I am serious, but really none of the Preston players did well that day).

They just couldn't supply the balls for him to fire.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Can't see us spending 7m on him. Not sure he's worth that much at this point in his career either.

Got to factor Sarge's injury in to this though, and limited days remaining in the window.  Possible he's been on our radar as a 'would like', and rather than throwing 4-5m into someone feel it's better business while we're looking quite promising to spend the extra perhaps?

Personally, not sure what I think, but I'm yet to view his highlights so know very little about the lad.  Don't know if he's big, small, fast or slow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Personally, not sure what I think, but I'm yet to view his highlights so know very little about the lad.

His goals for PNE are here. Looks quick-ish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Very impressed by his composure in front of goal. Each one very well placed.

9 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Looks to have lots of good attributes, but no goals against any of the top Championship sides there. Still a lot to prove, clearly.

This could be the start of us developing a siege mentality...rumours are that David Trebuchet is on his way from Ligue 1 too. 🥳

Apples

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Does look pretty good actually, and suitable.

Fact that he's not playing in a match which you'd expect him too tonight also puts weight on the rumours, being that we're in the competition still.  Whereas Sunderland aren't, who are also interested.

Sky sports reported it 2 hours ago on there transfer feed too:

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/31771/12476234/transfer-centre-live-matheus-nunes-pierre-emile-hojbjerg-and-brennan-johnson-latest?postid=6362536#liveblog-body

Edited by Google Bot

These arms puns are going to run now aren’t they, well we do have A Gunn already, so add a Cannon and a Rifle would give us some firepower 

Edited by Indy

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

These arms puns are going to run now aren’t they, well we do have A Gunn already, so add a Cannon and a Rifle would give us some firepower 

Cheeky bid for Matt Targett, anyone?

• Haha 3

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

For the practice sessions?

Steve Stone was with us at one point, right?

It's hard to believe we'd drop 7 million on a striker when before Sargent's injury it didn't seem like we were interested in bringing one in. It sounds like there might be a bit of competition for Cannon so maybe 7 is as high as we'd go, the ideal situation would be a loan with the option to buy but Everton seem keen to sell.

16 minutes ago, Indy said:

Or we could go off at a tangent  and Say Cannon will cushion the blow of potentially being snookered by Sargent's injury...😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, repman said:

It's hard to believe we'd drop 7 million on a striker when before Sargent's injury it didn't seem like we were interested in bringing one in. It sounds like there might be a bit of competition for Cannon so maybe 7 is as high as we'd go, the ideal situation would be a loan with the option to buy but Everton seem keen to sell.

Wouldn’t be up front that would be the headline figure of add ons etc met

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

Or we could go off at a tangent  and Say Cannon will cushion the blow of potentially being snookered by Sargent's injury...😂

Just fur cue for pocketing the snooker gags. Give it a rest! 😉

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Wouldn’t be up front that would be the headline figure of add ons etc met

Even then it's still a significant outlay that wasn't accounted for this time last week. If this was January and we were well in the race it would make more sense. That being said if the club is fine on the money side I think it's exactly the right type of signing.

6 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Very good!

7 minutes ago, repman said:

It's hard to believe we'd drop 7 million on a striker when before Sargent's injury it didn't seem like we were interested in bringing one in.

Depends how much belief the board have in this squad, £7m is peanuts if it keeps momentum going and doesn't leave us short to a potential £100m+ promotion campaign.

Not to mention the fact that his value is likely to rise in this squad providing we keep that momentum going.  He's less risk, and less money than the likes of Rashica, Tzolis and Sara.

But in relation to the window as a whole, the excellent free signings we've bought in and the recent outgoings should easily have this covered.  I think there's something in this.

• Like 1

We need someone. He looks a good fit and has actually played in this division. Goals are a premium price to buy, £7 million on the face at least seems a very reasonable sum in todays markets plus, as mentioned, we NEED someone to keep our momentum going and offers more competition for Sarg once he is back. I’m really quite optimistic about it but cautiously so 

12 minutes ago, repman said:

Even then it's still a significant outlay that wasn't accounted for this time last week. If this was January and we were well in the race it would make more sense. That being said if the club is fine on the money side I think it's exactly the right type of signing.

Word was that Andy O was waving farewell last night, so we may well have cash to spare

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Why are people surprised we have this money?....we got £14m for Aarons and Rashica in the past fortnight...

What about Maddison money as well

54 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

This could be the start of us developing a siege mentality...rumours are that David Trebuchet is on his way from Ligue 1 too. 🥳

Apples

That could really catapult us up the league

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Personally, not sure what I think, but I'm yet to view his highlights so know very little about the lad.  Don't know if he's big, small, fast or slow.

For some on here if we’re parting with £7m he’ll need to be big, small, fast and slow all at the same time

3 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Rock on!

I doff my cap to you sir.

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Sometimes you have to speculate. Have we got no ambition left ?

I'm heartily sick of the ' little 'ol Norwich ' tag we've been stuck with for years

The only people who say "little 'ol Norwich' are our own fans. Nobody else cares. 

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

£7 million for a 20 yr old striker from an EPL side, on the back of 8 in 20 for an average Championship side seems an appropriate fee. In any case, I doubt it’s that much upfront. 

You're probably right, and I have no knowledge of the player - he may be worthwhile, even at that price - but it makes me despair at the state of football that a player that has scored a total of 8 goals is worth £7m. This is not right.

Edited by All the Germans
quoted the wrong post...

15 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

That could really catapult us up the league

Sling your hook! 😉

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Looks to have lots of good attributes, but no goals against any of the top Championship sides there. Still a lot to prove, clearly.

He's only 20 and from the highlights reel seems to be better than a striker who we have deemed good enough for a five year contract!

41 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Just fur cue for pocketing the snooker gags. Give it a rest! 😉

We've also been linked with Ben White, an underrated Scottish DM Cameron Blues, winger Marcus Browne of Oxford, an unheard-of Colombian Rogers Yela, one for the future in Malaki Black of MK Dons, and Rob Green is coming out of retirement.

You heard it here first on the Pinkun!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What are the chances we are still owed cash from the Godfrey deal, so we have found £3m down the back of the River End and the balance is in fees owed? Just a thought... 

7 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

He's only 20 and from the highlights reel seems to be better than a striker who we have deemed good enough for a five year contract!

That's kinda the point of a highlights reel though, right? 😉

• Like 2