Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

**Official Lappinitup Match Thread Bristol City v Norwich**

Just now, king canary said:

Good for Placheta but its a goal in the League Cup, lets not start taking victory laps on him quite yet.

Not sure anyone is doing that - I'm certainly not. Just happy he looks like someone who might play a part this season, rather than being a liability. He looked good when he came on at the weekend, too, I thought. Promising signs

• Like 1

Would love to be on the plane flying back to Norwich, working at the airport will see them come in about 12ish

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Good for Placheta but its a goal in the League Cup, lets not start taking victory laps on him quite yet.

The question remains - who would rather play right now? Placheta or Onel? I think the fact that's now a legitimate conversation we could have is indicative of how well Placheta has done. Or maybe how poorly Onel has played. 

• Like 2

Will do wonders for PP's confidence as he played well also. He's like a new signing really.

Also sounds like Sam had a good game, which is great and keeps PP away from that left back spot.

Can't see Onel being involved much going forward!

• Like 1

It's not even a conversation. Onel was crap all pre-season and crap in most of the games he's played this season. Placheta had a decent pre season and has a goal and and assist in his last 2 games.

Edited by KeiranShikari
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Not sure anyone is doing that - I'm certainly not. Just happy he looks like someone who might play a part this season, rather than being a liability. He looked good when he came on at the weekend, too, I thought. Promising signs

I didn't see any of the game but he seemed to be assisting a fair proportion of our attempts on goal according to the BBC text updates if that is any indication which does tend to suggest a decent performance.

32 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Rotherham got absolutely smashed tonight as well.

Stoke deffo have their number..

Goes to show also how big a factor playing in a good side can have over a players' performance. Not sure any of our attackers last season came away with much credit, even the best in Sargent had his fair share of poor showings too. I don't think they've all improved massively over the summer as players, but they're definitely in a team that knows what it's doing now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Good to hear the usual nutters on Canary Call.

Its funny how its pretty much always the same bunch of callers.. that idiot who says "ok..ok..ok" after every sentence does my nut in

Reading 2-2 Ipswich

Ehibhatiomhanat with the Reading equaliser.

Good luck to the shirt printers with that one.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, overthebordercanary said:

Injury time again, wonder how many minutes its was over the allotted time this time.

Ignore, no idea what the **** happened here????

Edited by Ken Hairy

2 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Reading 2-2 Ipswich

Is that actually his name? Blimey! 

3 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Reading 2-2 Ipswich

Anyone else read that name as exhibition hat rack?

21 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Will do wonders for PP's confidence as he played well also. He's like a new signing really.

Also sounds like Sam had a good game, which is great and keeps PP away from that left back spot.

Can't see Onel being involved much going forward!

It's a long season, we need everyone performing well and competition for spots keeps things interesting.. who's to say that in a couple of months Onel won't score a last minute winner off the bench?

Kelvin Osemudiamen Ehibhatiomhan is a Nigerian professional footballer who plays as a forward for EFL League One club Reading. Wikipedia

Worth signing just for the entertainment value from those cretins on Canary Call.

Another 'comfortable' win.

You win titles by being able to grind out results, game after game. No looking back and thinking 'we should have won that one'. So far we have. 

Early days, but tonight we had many of the 'second string' playing, with a few of the senior players coming on to see us home. None of the former sounded out of place.  A measure of this will be at Rotherham on Sat. No hiccups or stumbles.  Boot them into touch.

My thought is we need that Sparta Prague chap. He looks deadly in the six yard box. Chuck every thing at getting up this season, and worry about it afterwards if we don't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjulZuFEFsY     (both best with sound off)

Edited by RobJames

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

How **** were those Reading penalties???

Perhaps they felt the pressure of being in the presence of the legendary binners.

• Haha 3

Wow - £158 banked by the Pups on this evenings games for the CSF. Well done Swindon Canary and Duncan Edwards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Kelvin Osemudiamen Ehibhatiomhan is a Nigerian professional footballer who plays as a forward for EFL League One club Reading. Wikipedia

Worth signing just for the entertainment value from those cretins on Canary Call.

I'm sure he's emailed me for my bank details.

• Haha 3