KiwiScot

*Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Huddersfield v Norwich*

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hate saying it but maybe he was part of why we were so poor up top? Not like hes been setting the world on fire in the MLS either

Remember when I was saying Placheta was suffering from Pukki being up top?

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hate saying it but maybe he was part of why we were so poor up top? Not like hes been setting the world on fire in the MLS either

He never really came back into form after his foot injury in the PL. He's looked OK in MLS, the games I've watched he's been too involved in the build ups to be in a position to finish chances

18 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

No.

Percy scored in 7 games running.

Apparently.

I'm not betting against Johnny getting two more in the next couple games. Form he's in, barring injury, defenders have to either wind him up like today or keep collecting cards.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Don't tell @Thirsty Lizard, he wants Rowe to play as a centre forward.

(Just kidding, not trying to start an argument...)

To be fair, I think it's more a case of a spare body who can play there so we're not in the situation where Stiepermann played up there and really didn't look like he knew what he was doing, for all his unconventional excellence in the hole.

Rowe's movement for that goal was very Pukki-esque. If we really had to put him up top because both Sargent and Idah were out I do think he could do a job. 

13 goals in 4 games, and all without Bali Mumba on the wing. How is that possible? Not that I'm looking to cause a Rowe about it.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Raumdeuter III said:

Huddersfield are poor, and I’m delighted that NCFC are finishing them off. 
This Norwich team feels like a cohesive unit, a deliberate system succeeding, and the players are thriving so far. 

Keep it up, lads. This is such a mature, controlled performance. I’m excited. 

brilliant performance overall

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

filth. Absolute filth

Bearing in mind Stiepi placed for Energie Cottbus, you can safely bet he knew full damned well what to do with Spreewald gherkins. 😉

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Bearing in mind Stiepi placed for Energie Cottbus, you can safely bet he knew full damned well what to do with Spreewald gherkins. 😉

just stop it

10 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm sorry, but I still think changing the role of our most productive player right now would be foolish.

Just because he's scoring goals, doesn't mean he should play centre forward.

Frank Lampard, for example, was a consistent 20-a-season player, but nobody ever suggested playing him up front.

Now you're being a very, very naughty boy. I NEVER advocated changing his role right now did I?

I merely said that in my eyes he was the FOURTH CHOICE striking option in the squad.

Your Lampard analogy is null and void - Lampard never played centre forward in his career - Rowe has done it a lot already. Look at Rowe's goal today - in that passage of play he IS our centre forward (and Idah was the winger). 

h0W Br0k3n is Th1S ClUb WE SOLD SUPER MUMBA FOR sum Haribozzz!!! 😅😅

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

To be fair, I think it's more a case of a spare body who can play there so we're not in the situation where Stiepermann played up there and really didn't look like he knew what he was doing, for all his unconventional excellence in the hole.

Rowe's movement for that goal was very Pukki-esque. If we really had to put him up top because both Sargent and Idah were out I do think he could do a job. 

I agree that he could do a job there because he has the skills to do it, but I don't think it's wise to move a player who is performing so well just to cover an injury crisis elsewhere. 

Lots of quality players are able to play in multiple positions, but if they're playing so well in one of them, I don't think it's a good idea to move them.

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

just stop it

Right, that's it. One Spreewald Marathon medal for you. (Yes, their medals are indeed a metal gherkin, based on the most famous foodstuff out of that region).

No photo description available.

5 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Now you're being a very, very naughty boy. I NEVER advocated changing his role right now did I?

I merely said that in my eyes he was the FOURTH CHOICE striking option in the squad.

Your Lampard analogy is null and void - Lampard never played centre forward in his career - Rowe has done it a lot already. Look at Rowe's goal today - in that passage of play he IS our centre forward (and Idah was the winger). 

See my previous point quoting TGS. 

Rowe has the quality to play as a centre forward, but I wouldn't move him from his current position no matter what whilst he's in this form.

The transformation would be utterly unbelievable if it wasn't for the fact we're seeing it live.

I was certainly more optimistic than most going into this season but I didn't expect such a rampant start 

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Right, that's it. One Spreewald Marathon medal for you. (Yes, their medals are indeed a metal gherkin, based on the most famous foodstuff out of that region).

No photo description available.

To be fair, that is unconventionally excellent 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Mumba on one wing and rowe on the other would have been tasty..

No it wouldn't because he can't do the required defensive work or have the intelligence to position himself when the opposition overloads. Which is what Wagner alluded to and Plymouth fans acknowledge 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wagner clearly didn't think so.

Fassnacht played very well today as did Placheta. With Sainz and Onel to return Mumba would struggle to even make the bench.

• Like 3

Factoring in the questionable quality of the opposition today I thought we had markedly less control in that game than we should have had. And, yes, I know we won 4-0...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Canarywary said:

I absolutely LOVE that all our attacking players are scoring. They're really sharing the goals around in a way that hasn't happened since Pukki, Buendia, Cantwell and Stieperman were all scoring. It's so important for a long season in the Champ.

Yes - it’s always important in case of injuries. Sargent’s injury is thought to be quite serious, and if we were mainly relying on him it could be a massive blow for us to the season

35 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not a chance. Fassnacht has been superb. Another beautiful flick that sent Idah racing down the wing to provide the cross for Rowe. He also has been excellent at tracking back and being in exactly the right place to break up play. A very intelligent and skilful  player who is nailed on to start if he keeps this form up. I needn't say anything about why Wagner preferred to keep Rowe rather than Mumba.

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Factoring in the questionable quality of the opposition today I thought we had markedly less control in that game than we should have had. And, yes, I know we won 4-0...

I thought that too. Though I had markedly less control of my dodgy stream* than I would have liked. 

I do wonder how far that's just us having got used to Farke's style in this league. Whereas Wagner has us attacking much more quickly: it's bound to lead to us giving the ball away more. But 13 goals in four games at least suggests it has its advantages.

Edited by Robert N. LiM
* I'm talking about the illicit Internet stream I used to watch the game. I don't have a urinary tract infection

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm crying right now 😭

You're not that good an actor.

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Fassnacht has been superb

And he doesn't even look as though he's quite got used to the pace of the game here, either. Think he'll get even better.  Looks a great signing 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Agree. Hudderfield carved out plenty of good chances, Gunn needed to make a couple of outstanding saves and a bit of desperate blocking was needed on occasions.

Sara had a decent game whilst not being at his commanding best (a la Millwall.) I don't think Warnockball quite suited him. Terriers by name terriers by nature.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1