KiwiScot

*Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Huddersfield v Norwich*

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Well, here's some deja vu...
image.thumb.png.ebbf7c2e14ce42166cf4fd38992a12cb.png

Nice one Farke - always s hit on the old blue and white.

Shame it's dirty Leeds but it'll knock those 'desperate to still be relevant' **** off the top

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Watching on Radio Norfolk. Has Idah had a mention since he came on for Sargent ?

Yes, just now in fact.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Someone somewhere said Rowe is going to be a marked man - I’ve already lost count how many fouls there have been on him (not all given)

Colin's tactics are as subtle as a brick.

12 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Well, here's some deja vu...
image.thumb.png.ebbf7c2e14ce42166cf4fd38992a12cb.png

Poor bloke can't catch a break. He's a proper nice guy as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Someone somewhere said Rowe is going to be a marked man - I’ve already lost count how many fouls there have been on him (not all given)

Attention on Rowe means less attention elsewhere, it’s up to the rest to make it count.

Idah has a very good opportunity to impress here. An assist, a goal, something (anything!). At the very least he needs to put the same amount of energy and chasing in as Josh gives us up front.

Great half,  just hope Sargents injury isn't too bad or we will need to dip into the market.

Farke doing us proud too 

• Like 1

State of the game means Norwich can keep solid, sit-off a touch, but I’m sure Wagner will want Norwich out of their half and stop being forced back. 
I rate Idah but we’re missing the pace in behind. Sargent injury probably means we’re not 3-4 up by half time and I don’t think that’s too far-fetched. We had their number and were superior earlier on. 

Rowe might be the danger man in behind, but I think we could break them down and score more putting pressure on their back line with possession, pinning, and forcing Huddersfield back. 

I’m happy to back us to score more with crosses in to then box with Barnes, Idah and Fassnact on the receiving end. 

This is a much more mentally tough and ruthless team than the last couple of season's, don't want to get too excited but we definbitely look like competition for anyone this year.

Streams I've been watching on have been very laggy. So happy to be corrected but I'm not sure we've played that well today. Ten minute period before half time was very much dominated by Ooderzfeeld. Still not quite convinced the structure we've set up with works that well against the ball - we seem to find it a struggle to get out.

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

Barnes' goal from the spot:

Don't think much of the ground pegs there. Barnes hardly laced it and the back bit went several inches off the ground!

3 minutes ago, Canarywary said:

I'm going to start referring to our strike force as Sgt Barnes. Reporting for duty.

I heard Sargy-Bargy and can't look past that now lol

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Here's the half-time highlights, courtesy of our friends on Twitter.

Sarge's goal (& injury):

GK should have at least been booked for the foul on Sargent

• Like 1

Just now, horsefly said:

GK should have at least been booked for the foul on Sargent

Was gonna say the same thing, booking minimum. Just because we scored doesn’t mean it was a blatant and frankly and dangerous foul

• Like 1