4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

John Ruddy is a year or two older and was player of the season at Birmingham City last time around.

Great signing for City, and well over two hundred appearances.

Agree about Krul though, great presence and personality.

Rarely have we had a dodgy 'keeper, and we produce a few these days as well.

Agree, but Luton ??  Fantastic for the NCFC and wish him all the best and thanks for the memories Tim

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Is Reyes that man?

Barden was firmly in line, but his illness has clearly set him back a bit.

Pink Un article says we would look for an experienced replacement if he does go, which presumably is something they’ve been told by the club.

4 hours ago, RobJames said:

eh ?

I'm not sure a 'promising young keeper' is developing sat on the bench - unless he is playing midweek with the U21s as well

Looks like that Chilean fella might be that guy… cup games and pushing Angus

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Pink Un article says we would look for an experienced replacement if he does go, which presumably is something they’ve been told by the club.

Yep pinkun definitely back in favour and kept in the loop this summer.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I don't think anyone needs to be told what sort of keeper would be the number 2. Mind you it is the Pinkun who seem to only have 'teenage scribblers' these days. The number 2, bench warmer does not mean he would replace Gunn if injured, just someobe happy to see out his time on the bench.

Mentioned this before...but Jed Steer appears to be out of contract and would be decent experienced cover for a season until one of Reyes, Barden , McCracken or Mair firmly puts themselves forward as no.2...

7 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

I hope they're paying him a lot of money. I would need a lot of money to be in Luton weekly.

Now now 

6 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Hmm...

That would be a great move for Timmy especially if a 2 year deal, but I'm not sure where Luton are going with that one. Krul has 2 relegations under his belt and is a bit of a liability with the ball at his feet.

Will be sad to see him go but at 35 all good things come to an end.

Won’t be first choice and a more than capable back up

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Mentioned this before...but Jed Steer appears to be out of contract and would be decent experienced cover for a season until one of Reyes, Barden , McCracken or Mair firmly puts themselves forward as no.2...

Bardens played very well for this club b4 and hopefully his health worries are behind him and the Chilean kid is highly rated .so why ?

1 minute ago, Canary dwarf said:

Bardens played very well for this club b4 and hopefully his health worries are behind him and the Chilean kid is highly rated .so why ?

Sods law Gunn will get injured the game after Krul is sold...I wouldnt want to be left with only (mainly untested) youngsters to rely on. I'd want a bit if experience ariund the place

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Sods law Gunn will get injured the game after Krul is sold...I wouldnt want to be left with only (mainly untested) youngsters to rely on. I'd want a bit if experience ariund the place

Maybe gunn could get injured but it wouldn't necessarily be long term , and bardens done well b4 and the Chilean kid is supposed to be awesome , let's put it in cdm fund ( if there is one )!

Let’s get real here. We’ve had a win and a draw and everyone’s thinking we’re ready to give Klose a ticker tape parade.  

Rubbish. This is NCFC scrapping down the back of the sofa to find a few quid.  If Gunn gets injured, this will look ridiculous. 

11 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Let’s get real here. We’ve had a win and a draw and everyone’s thinking we’re ready to give Klose a ticker tape parade.  

Rubbish. This is NCFC scrapping down the back of the sofa to find a few quid.  If Gunn gets injured, this will look ridiculous. 

Klose? He left awhile ago..

40 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Gunn gets injured the game after Krul is sold. The reserve keeper has a one-off blinder convincing us not to buy a replacement, the window shuts and we ultimately get relegated. Nah, too far fetched.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

I hope they're paying him a lot of money. I would need a lot of money to be in Luton weekly.

To be fair, he only has to be on n Luton every other week...

2 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

To be fair, he only has to be on n Luton every other week...

Training ground is right on the outskirts near the airport

30 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Gunn gets injured the game after Krul is sold. The reserve keeper has a one-off blinder convincing us not to buy a replacement, the window shuts and we ultimately get relegated. Nah, too far fetched.

The blinder won't come against Newcastle this time around though! 

An atrocious kicker of the ball but a World class penalty saver and good all round keeper, with a great personality in the dressing room.

Good memories but both a little sad he's leaving and also for the fact I've never heard his name  pronounced correctly 

Krul means curl in Dutch and is pronounced very similar to curl or girl .... never Krool or Krewel 

"Luton have considered a host of experienced goalkeeping options to challenge Thomas Kaminski including ex-City man John Ruddy, who is now poised to remain at St Andrews, but have settled on Krul after agreeing a fee with Norwich."

Wow! We even got a fee according to the Pink. 

• Like 1

I think we saw his best days and I’m grateful we did. I have a sneaking suspicion Angus will only improve so the time has come to bid Tim farewell. 

I’ll never forget that brilliant promo video where he picks up the phone to an incoming caller and greets them with “hello, Norwich City ticket office” in that Dutch accent! 

4 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

"Luton have considered a host of experienced goalkeeping options to challenge Thomas Kaminski including ex-City man John Ruddy, who is now poised to remain at St Andrews, but have settled on Krul after agreeing a fee with Norwich."

Wow! We even got a fee according to the Pink. 

Rightly so! An experienced international goalkeeper with bags of PL experience. 35 isn't ancient for a goalie either, he could easily serve them well for another three years. Would hope we've managed to squeeze a few hundred grand out of them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Rightly so! An experienced international goalkeeper with bags of PL experience. 35 isn't ancient for a goalie either, he could easily serve them well for another three years. Would hope we've managed to squeeze a few hundred grand out of them.

And of course we will now need to establish a back-up keeper at short notice.

Previously, those of us who have suggested a fee might be in the offing have received sharp put-downs on here.

If it is not a back-up from the "stable" then one will have to be sought from elsewhere at expense.

Tonight's selection will be interesting.

Edited by BroadstairsR

14 hours ago, All the Germans said:

That'll be the 94-95 season.

Norwich were seventh in the Premier League in the 1994–95 season[31] when Gunn broke and dislocated his ankle whilst playing against Nottingham Forest.[36] His importance to the team was underlined when they subsequently plummeted down the table, winning just one of their remaining 17 games as Gunn recovered.[37][38] The team was ultimately relegated.

6 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

And of course we will now need to establish a back-up keeper at short notice.

Previously, those of us who have suggested a fee might be in the offing have received sharp put-downs on here.

If it is not a back-up from the "stable" then one will have to be sought from elsewhere at expense.

Tonight's selection will be interesting.

Our game is tomorrow, isn't it?

But yes, you'd expect us to bring another experienced keeper into the fold. Think it's been mentioned elsewhere, but Jed Steer is currently a free agent and only 30. An able deputy.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Our game is tomorrow, isn't it?

But yes, you'd expect us to bring another experienced keeper into the fold. Think it's been mentioned elsewhere, but Jed Steer is currently a free agent and only 30. An able deputy.

Oh yes.

Had a stream pencilled in as well.

Hic!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Krul will be laughing all the way to the bank if he gets a 3 year contract, especially if it's close to his current level.

Can't help thinking this is a bit of a strange move by Luton, it's a lot of salary tied up on a 2nd choice keeper.

You've mentioned Jed Steer as a replacement and I can't help thinking that would be a great bit of business.