Sign in to follow this  
Canary dwarf

Fassnact hero or villian

I know he scored when he came on but he messed up two promising opportunities, firstly gets the ball on the right in a dangerous position and with Barnes unmarked in the middle puts a really poor ball in which was cut out and then sergeant puts him in with just the keeper to beat but his first touch was incredibly heavy and the keeper comes out and smothers it , hopefully in time he'll improve !

Not had the same pre season and clearly gaining match fitness as well as adapting to both a new team and league.

His lack of pace is a worry but am sure he will improve with more pitch time.   I'd have thought he is a certain starter on Weds 

• Like 1

I watched Fassnacht against Olympiacos and was very impressed by him. I think that he will perform much better if he starts the game rather than coming on as a sub and taking a while to adapting to the pace of the game. He’s very skilful and not afraid to run & dribble with the ball. Also has a powerful shot. No doubt that he will be a major player for us this year.

• Like 1

Totally agree, with an end product. Big plus for Onel is his strength in the tackle but poor end product.

I do agree with one incident but think that Sarge drove the ball to him for the second. Yes he should control it but I think Sarge could have rolled it to him and he could have shot first time.

That isn't a criticism of Sarge who had a good game yesterday.

He looks way short of match fitness which isn’t really surprising I suppose. That goal was clinical though, exactly what we needed in the team.

Looked very one footed for that chance he fluffed, if he had used his left to control he would have been in on goal. Professional footballers hey! 

Lovely instinctive finish and wasn't afraid just to hit it first time, and he arrowed it into the corner.

This feels intensely harsh for a player that's been with us a fortnight, played about 30 mins of competitive football and scored an excellent instinctive finish yesterday.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, splutcho said:

This feels intensely harsh for a player that's been with us a fortnight, played about 30 mins of competitive football and scored an excellent instinctive finish yesterday.

Welcome to the Pinkun.

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Welcome to the Pinkun.

Very ‘Pink’un’ proposing him as the latest scapegoat the day after he scored an important goal on his second appearance.

4 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

I know he scored when he came on but he messed up two promising opportunities, firstly gets the ball on the right in a dangerous position and with Barnes unmarked in the middle puts a really poor ball in which was cut out and then sergeant puts him in with just the keeper to beat but his first touch was incredibly heavy and the keeper comes out and smothers it , hopefully in time he'll improve !

Gggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus. 

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Very good player in him although he must be wondering why he's being benched for Onel (much as I love him)

Think he will start next Sunday, probably for Onel.

5 hours ago, splutcho said:

Your right I think I was harsh , I'm sure he'll be a good signing for us!

30 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

I hope you sort out your keyboard issue !

It probably would help if I stopped whacking myself around the head with it when reading posts like yours. 

6 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It probably would help if I stopped whacking myself around the head with it when reading posts like yours. 

Ok thank you , I had no idea my posts were so inspirational!

7 hours ago, ZLF said:

Not had the same pre season and clearly gaining match fitness as well as adapting to both a new team and league.

His lack of pace is a worry but am sure he will improve with more pitch time.   I'd have thought he is a certain starter on Weds 

Don't always need the pace, player positioning is very important in this league. Took the goal well to be fair 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Neither, he is a footballer, he missed a chance and he took a chance, happens a lot in football. I feel the term "hero" is over used these days, as for villain, in my day it was somebody who robbed banks or armoured cars............

We haven't been told why he left Austria. Or why he was playing with Young Boys either.

All sounds a bit 'villianish' to me.  I shall be keeping an eye on him. First sign of a toothbrush moustache and I shall be onto the Pinkuns young Joe 90 ace reporter.  I'm not too sure of that Greek chappie we have either. Can he explain his movements' when those fires in Corfu started.  'Cor Fu what a scorcher' read the headlines.

And that 'two lucky goals' Rowe. Gave away a throw in the second half. No wonder he was subbed. Perhaps the Pinkun could set up a Villain Watch Scheme, where knavish acts could be reported

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Don't always need the pace, player positioning is very important in this league. Took the goal well to be fair 

Wardy is spot on. Early days for Fassnacht - but what I've seen has given me the early impression he is a really smart footballer. Not the fastest, not the strongest, but I would bet 8 or 9 times out of 10 he will find himself in the right spot. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RobJames said:

We haven't been told why he left Austria. Or why he was playing with Young Boys either.

All sounds a bit 'villianish' to me.  I shall be keeping an eye on him. First sign of a toothbrush moustache and I shall be onto the Pinkuns young Joe 90 ace reporter.  I'm not too sure of that Greek chappie we have either. Can he explain his movements' when those fires in Corfu started.  'Cor Fu what a scorcher' read the headlines.

And that 'two lucky goals' Rowe. Gave away a throw in the second half. No wonder he was subbed. Perhaps the Pinkun could set up a Villain Watch Scheme, where knavish acts could be reported

He's Swiss, not Austrian! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Fassnacht is a reason I am becoming slightly less unhappy about neither Sargent nor Idah being natural goalscorers.

Sargent will score 20 plus goals this season, with the emphasis on crosses into the box, especially from Stacey.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Sargent will score 20 plus goals this season, with the emphasis on crosses into the box, especially from Stacey.

Sense on this forum at last , there are people on pink un that know what there talking about !