Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Aarons to Bournmouth

Im surprised had a hope that he was going to a Italian ore Spanish team that is not expecting to fight relegation this season.

Wherever he goes I wish him well , he always given city 100 %  and I sure he will always have city in his heart

• Like 8

Just now, baldy09 said:

Wherever he goes I wish him well , he always given city 100 %  and I sure he will always have city in his heart

I agree 100%.

premier better than champ for Max providing Bournemouth and Leeds dont swop places at end of season and probably higher wages

Just now, Olano said:

I agree 100%.

Just now, Olano said:

I agree 100%.

me too

• Like 1

Happy he has his move. To be honest I think they are his level right now. he doesn't owe us anything so no too upset about £7M but I believe Bournemouth have a bargain at that price.

11 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Happy he has his move. To be honest I think they are his level right now. he doesn't owe us anything so no too upset about £7M but I believe Bournemouth have a bargain at that price.

That’s all true, but what a crap club to move to after leaving Norwich. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

27 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

May I add a third? Lots of twists this one 🤣

MB broke it before this twitter account and was already on the leeds thread,

better for us than at Leeds or saints 

14 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Moving from Norwich to a bus stop in Boscombe. Seriously though, I doubt he would move to them if he wasn't happy about it. Honestly surprised he didn't want to see farke again

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/23712577.afc-bournemouth-agree-move-norwich-city-right-back-max-aarons/

S'oton was never more than idiot speculation by some low grade 'journalist' on the basis of if S'oton sold a defender Aarons could be his replacement, because rerr ........................ S'otons new manager played for City.

I expect another City player will now be linked with Wolves on that basis.

Bailey put this out on twitter, quite interesting to learn that Aarons was in Leeds earlier today:

Related tweets (X's?):

Found the morning's Max Aarons leak interesting; now it's led to Bournemouth jumping in today & offering him a Premier League shortcut.

It will have been quite the day for all parties involved in this. Max was IN Leeds and everything.

2/ Here's the latest, with Bournemouth hijacking Leeds move for Max Aarons.

Deal with Leeds was £7m+add-ons (hence £12m). Bournemouth may have found a few £ more but sure the numbers won't have changed too much.

3/ All this also gives the impression that Leeds and Daniel Farke have been absolutely played in the past 24hrs. That may not be the case obviously, but still.

4/ Indeed, sounds like the numbers didn't change at all. Bournemouth have agreed to pay a £7m fee plus add-ons that could take the deal up to £12m.

Edited by Google Bot

Absolutely chuffed to bits for Max. A move to the championship didn't feel like it reflected both his hard work and his achievements within the game. Think Bournemouth is a good move for him. The new manager has bought some good players and seems to want to play some good football so I think he'll do well there.

So, we've exchanged right-backs with Bournemouth, and we're £12m up. It's going to be interesting to see who thinks they got the best deal. Hope Aarons does well, a model footballer who deserves success.

• Like 2

Phew! That's a good outcome for Max.

I don't think any of us were comfortable with him going to a rival, especially Farke.

Hope he has a great season there. He always gave his all for us including that tragic season under Smith.

• Like 1

Reminds me slightly of the Eadie to Leicester move some years ago, at the time I thought a sideways move, although I guess our clubs have been on differing trajectories these last few years. 

Excellent player, underrated, and I’ve been disappointed with lack of recent appreciation for Max. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Bournemouth is a **** club that said I'd rather he went there than Leeds..

Bournemouth is a premier league club. Makes them a bigger club than us. A good move for him. 

15 minutes ago, horsefly said:

So, we've exchanged right-backs with Bournemouth, and we're £12m up. It's going to be interesting to see who thinks they got the best deal. Hope Aarons does well, a model footballer who deserves success.

£7 million up. 

Potentially more.

52 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I think the majority of people with no interest in either club might look at us and them and disagree. Bournemouth have a rubbish ground and the EPL could do more in forcing clubs to upgrade their facilities rather than buying players. But its like saying Luton don't deserve to be in the EPL because we are a bigger club. Its simply not true. 

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Bournemouth is a premier league club. Makes them a bigger club than us. A good move for him. 

They won't be this time next year though! 

Well maybe they will but I'd hate to just prop up the league and fight relegation every year when your only weekly punt is will they tonk us 5 or 6 nil

Edited by Nexus_Canary

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

This reminds me of Josh to Cardiff. Sideways at best.

Oh come on. If he were going to Sheffield Utd or Luton I might be inclined to agree. Bournemouth have been in the Premier League for 6 of last 10 seasons. This is a club who last season finished 15th and well away from the relegation picture. 

To suggest this is a "side ways" move is dismissive of their achievements and totally different to Cardiff who had just been promoted and went straight back down.

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

And just seen John Percy reporting Bournemouth about to spend £25m on Alex Scott of Bristol. I mean if ever you need proof of Norwich and Bournemouth being on different levels, that surely has to be it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

They’re a prem team. We ain’t. And showing no signs of heading there anytime soon. Even if he comes down with them he has a better chance of going back up than he does here. Plus if he plays out of skin this year he may even get a move next summer.