RobJames

Russel Martin is morphing into Farke

Greasy locks and a scruffy beard. I'm not too sure how all this extra time will affect train time. It won't affect the early leavers. They'll still get up and go before the 80 mins are up.

They’ve just one-touched it about for the last 5 minutes of injury time. They will be right, right, up there. Saying that, Sheffield Wednesday will be right, right down there.

Blimey, he is even copying Farkes three cheers with the fans. You wait until it gets a bit colder - out will come the Farke Parker...... for sure.

• Haha 1

What was that Stuart Webber said about a consistent style of play and something about seamless transitions in personnel?

Then he appointed Dean Smith.

Let's hope the crowd put Smithball firmly on the back burner and have reason to get firmly behind the team again so that Carrow Road  becomes the traditional fortress it once was.

Edited by BroadstairsR

...and there were those who laughed when it was suggested he became our new manager.

He will go on to become a top manager, we should have grabbed him.

Edited by First Wazzock
  • Like 6

Perhaps he didn't want to be grabbed - though a win against a team two leagues below his last season is not to be sneezed at.

I expect he will get the Real Madrid job by nexr weekeend.

• Haha 2

We’ll if he morphs too much this season then Southampton will walk to a league title!

So, he even did the fist pump thing to the crowd at the end…

It’s getting a little bit “it puts the lotion on its face or else it gets the hose again” tbh

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I thought I recognised the hair style, its uncanny the similarity between the two hair and celebs.  How soon we forget our Dan.

11 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

...and there were those who laughed when it was suggested he became our new manager.

He will go on to become a top manager, we should have grabbed him.

Indeed but it was actually much worse that that with some on this forum literally bristling with fury at the prospect of ANYONE with any former associations with NCFC being touted for the managers job. M Robins (for example) was castigated as...............'boring, no ambition, zero personality' etc. You know the same gentleman who took Coventry to Wembley and a Play Off Final whilst NCFC under our 'proven' foreign manager slumped sadly to 13th position! 

• Like 1

I mean, maybe the first game of the season is a “Cosplay day”?

Maybe Wagner will come to the game dressed as Neil Warnock or something?

37 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Funniest thing will be to see them greet each other when Leeds play Southampton........

For shure, for shure.

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

I mean, maybe the first game of the season is a “Cosplay day”?

Maybe Wagner will come to the game dressed as Neil Warnock or something?

He’s already dressed as Klopp all the time 

He might be trying to look like him, but he wishes he was anywhere near as being as good as Farke. Won't ever be close.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Funniest thing will be to see them greet each other when Leeds play Southampton........

It'll  be like Declan Rudd meeting David de Gea.  

With Dorrans on the left , of course. Now, where's my Snodgrass Dartboard and my Daniel Farke pillow?

👍😉👌

I do find it a bit strange he’s essentially copying the man who cast him aside 

I saw the highlights. Saints looked good and with their money should be top 6 if not top 2. That said, I'm not sure the opening day fixture is a reliable test to measure by. Equally, I'm not sure the opposition were much of a test either.

Ironic really that Martin has basically copied Farke in everything he’s done in his management career given the two didn’t exactly hit it off towards the end of Martin’s time at Norwich. 

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Ironic really that Martin has basically copied Farke in everything he’s done in his management career given the two didn’t exactly hit it off towards the end of Martin’s time at Norwich. 

Maybe Farke realised that RM knew a bit, felt it might undermine  him  , the rest is history.  It would only take  a few 'but if we did this ' type comments.  

56 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:
3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

It'll  be like Declan Rudd meeting David de Gea.  

With Dorrans on the left , of course. Now, where's my Snodgrass Dartboard and my Daniel Farke pillow?

Very perceptive, although my Snodgrass Dartboard was a bit of a failure, it kept holding on to the darts and wouldn't let me have them back..........

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Very perceptive, although my Snodgrass Dartboard was a bit of a failure, it kept holding on to the darts and wouldn't let me have them back..........

Probably thought you'd miss the board and would rather throw them himself.  

• Haha 1