Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Max Aarons

All this talk about whether Aarons will be leaving or not I just can’t see him going anywhere - there has been no solid bids for him and we have only seen where clubs are maybe interested (ie, Southampton) - if any club does want him then maybe they will submit a derisory bid on the pretence he is available on a free at the end of the season but I really cannot see anything happening - may be proved wrong we shall see - is he good enough to see any club really commit 

If Southampton are in for him they must not be allowed to get him on the cheap. They’ve just sold their right back for £40m to Newcastle 

People saying that Max is worth vast sums, need to realise his contract situation. He will most likely leave and any figures I doubt will be north of £10m. Just a little more realism please.

Edited by jaberry2

I think it will be a real shame for him if he goes to Southampton.

Has been a great player for us over last couple of years but poor last two. Given last year of contract we have no option but to sell if a half decent offer is actually  made.

The only way I'd keep him is if he could play on the left (think he'd be better than Dimi and McCallum!)

Should've sold him and Pukki start of last season.  At the start I couldn't see how either player could be motivated to go round the loop for a third time.

Anyone scouting Max over the past 12 months would see a guy unwilling to commit in attacks to the level that he's capable of, backing off to avoid blame when defending, making ridiculous dives and moaning about anything and everything on the field. 

We know he's quality, but he's got very little value associated to him currently.  It's a Catch 22 situation really, he needs the move to show what he's got and to be in a team where there's less blame and discontent so he can get back to what he's good at.   I have no doubt that he was in self preservation mode last season, and I don't blame him.

Trouble is we're wanting less than we value him at, and wanting more than what others value him.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

We do not know what bids have come in for him ,

David Moyes said in a interview that west ham have been putting bids in and working on players ,

i remember when Robbie Brady was sold to Burnley ,

my friend was involved in that transfer and they had a blanket ban on anyone saying that he signed at 11 am until 5 pm as Norwich were negotiating to buy someone and they didn't want the other club knowing they had money from that sale already  

Edited by norfolkngood

The PL season doesn’t start until next week and the transfer window has nearly 4 weeks - there’s a lot that’s going to happen between now and each of those dates. People need to remember back to Godfrey - he played the first 3 games of the season before he was sold.

• Like 1

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

The PL season doesn’t start until next week and the transfer window has nearly 4 weeks - there’s a lot that’s going to happen between now and each of those dates. People need to remember back to Godfrey - he played the first 3 games of the season before he was sold.

Loads of activity happens after the season starts. Happens every season, followed by the complaints about how unfair and unsettling it is for smaller clubs. Which I largely agree with. 

So to summarise we have to listen to quite a lot more moaning on this forum for a few more weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

If Southampton are in for him they must not be allowed to get him on the cheap. They’ve just sold their right back for £40m to Newcastle 

What's cheap though? Aaron's only has a year left on his contract.

Livramento is only getting up to £40m with every add-on etc. He's actually about £32m.

Totally Agree Creedence C C

Even the Big Clubs are moaning about the Saudi League having an extended Transfer Window. 

Fancy That - The Big Clubs moaning - What W@nk£r$

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Livramento is only getting up to £40m with every add-on etc. He's actually about £32m.

Yes and he’s no better or more proven than Aarons. I know the contract situation might be different which dictates leverage so we won’t get that much but we should certainly not hand a rival in the same division a cut price replacement for under a third of the price. 

Just now, Jim Smith said:

Yes and he’s no better or more proven than Aarons. I know the contract situation might be different which dictates leverage so we won’t get that much but we should certainly not hand a rival in the same division a cut price replacement for under a third of the price. 

Livramento is seen as a bigger talent and is three years younger than Max, and again Max has a year on his contract.

So I can't see Max being worth anything close to Livramento at this point. Possibly £10m + addons if we do an exceptional job.

• Like 1

Just now, hogesar said:

Livramento is seen as a bigger talent and is three years younger than Max, and again Max has a year on his contract.

So I can't see Max being worth anything close to Livramento at this point. Possibly £10m + addons if we do an exceptional job.

As I see it as well. The days (if they ever existed in reality) of '£30M+' for the 'Starman' have long since disappeared.    

Just now, hogesar said:

Max gets picked ahead of him in the U21s. I get that we won’t get as much but if Southampton are the bidding party the price should be higher. We must not sell them Aaron’s for under a third of what they just got for a player he is as good as. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Loads of activity happens after the season starts. Happens every season, followed by the complaints about how unfair and unsettling it is for smaller clubs. Which I largely agree with. 

Definitely - I don’t think people have an issue with transfer windows per se, but they would ideally close at the start of the season. European leagues mostly start on the weekend of 12 or 19 August this year, so I suppose is what the 31 August date approximates to.

Of particular interest this year (if not specifically to us, maybe) is that the Saudi window is until 20 September, well after the PL one - Klopp was mentioning it the other day.

*edit, I note the deadline is actually Friday 1 September this year.

Edited by Branston Pickle

23 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I read somewhere chelsea have a 40% sell on clause for him! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I read somewhere chelsea have a 40% sell on clause for him! 

Yep I heard that as well. I even heard it was 50%

10 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Yep I heard that as well. I even heard it was 50%

Crazy figure, can see why they won’t be breaking the bank for Aaron’s. Walkers-Peter is a decent enough fullback to 

43 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

So to summarise we have to listen to quite a lot more moaning on this forum for a few more weeks.

Would we really be Norwich fans if we didn't spend almost every day moaning and complaining about something?😉

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Would we really be Norwich fans if we didn't spend almost every day moaning and complaining about something?😉

Gotta moan about something. It is Friday after all, there is usually transfer business concluded on Fridays..

• Like 1

Isn't a big chunk of large transfer fees predicated upon perceived potential? That's something that, in Max's case, was at its peak after we got promoted for the first time and before he'd played in the Prem. Witnessing a season of him semi-struggling, albeit in our struggling team, will have worn the gloss off that potential for any potential bigger suitors. With Livramento, presumably Newcastle see his pre-injury Prem season at Saints as good evidence of a successful top-levelstint, and are willing to gamble that he'll be the same player (or better) post doing his knee in and missing most of last season. 

I suspect the lesson for Norwich is, sadly, that we should sell the majority of our best players if and when we ever receive exceptional over-the-odds bids for them, just as long as we then make sure we reinvest all of that money on the playing side (something, of course, we tend not to do). Which makes the story of us allegedly turning down a club-record fee over the winter for Omobamidele even more galling and unbelievable...

• Like 1

Max must be sick as a parrot over the last three years I’ve lost count on how many right backs have been bought by established premier league clubs who aren’t Max Aarons. None of whom have been much cop Emerson Royal, Serge Aurier, Matt Doherty,  Pedro Porro,DJed Spence, Ryan Sessegnon, Nathan Patterson, Vitali Mykolenko, Marc Cucurella the list is endless There must be an opinion somewhere in football that Aarons is not an elite level player.

The guy has played over 250 games is early twenties British rarely gets injured played loads of games for the u-21s. One year left on his contract available for no more than 5 million. The equivalent of 6 Toni Livermento someone who is just back from an ACL injury and has played only 30 professional games.

Edited by Ulfotto

God this is getting boring now. 
How many threads do we need about Max?

Season starts tomorrow d1ckheads.

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Max is a two time Championship winner, has a U21 Euros winners medal, has a great attitude, rarely gets injured, can play right or left back as well as wingback.

I'd rather he plays for us next season and runs down his contract rather than gets sold for peanuts or to a Championship rival.

• Like 1

Two years ago we would have got £25m. Now I'd say £10-12m would be more than adequate. Slight dip in form, one year left on his contract and two years older. I'll be sad to see him leave, he's been a great player for us but wish him well.