Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Stand by for Rays Funds Season 17

Welcome to Rays Funds, supported by Cavell Healthcare and Turner European Consulting.

https://www.cavellhealthcare.co.uk/

https://turnereuropeanconsulting.com/

Hope all you PUPs are having a great summer and are refreshed and ready to go for our 17th season. I’ll be posting the first week’s thread next Wednesday 2nd August from sunny Scratby.

We got a major boost this summer when Cavell Healthcare made a brilliant donation to our presentation pot again giving us a great start to the new season and taking the total amount raised for the CSF to 25,346. Thanks so much to all at Cavell Healthcare for this continued support. I’m proud be associated with them and of course our friends at Turner European Consulting.

Here are the latest totals...

This is the point where I ask for your tenners to finance the season. My paypal is canaryeddie@aol.com. We need 40 tenners to finance our final six for the season.

As things stand we don’t have funds for the Norwich bet. I’m loathe to ask for more funds in these tough times and all the money we get through donations, sponsorship, pledges etc goes to the presentation pot. I think we can manage quite well doing just the final six but let me know what you think. It’s your thread.

Here is where I’d normally try to explain how this all works but after failing miserably for sixteen seasons I’ve decided it can’t be explained. All I can say is it works thanks to the ingenuity and generosity of our PUPs and all we have to do is send a tenner, make our picks, enjoy ourselves while watching the presentation pot grow.

Just a reminder that Rays Funds is for all Pink Un posters so please get involved.

Here’s the rota for August. As usual our PUPs league winners get the first weeks…

05 Aug - @Parma Ham's gone mouldy

12 Aug – @Inch High aka Inchy..

19 Aug – @First Wazzock

26 Aug - @Cosmic Twin

Also don’t forget @GMF said we could all BOGOF again in this season’s Canary-Challenge which means as in previous seasons all PUPs who enter are invited to have a free go where any winnings go to our presentation pot for our wonderful Pan-disability boys and girls. All details are here:-

Edited by nutty nigel
can't post images without deleting first
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Anyone new wanting to give it a go please do it helps a good cause. You pick a team to win everyweek and someone chooses from the selections.

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Twenty quid should be with you any moment now @nutty nigel.

You might want to set aside another Twenty quid 😉

1 hour ago, Kathy said:

You might want to set aside another Twenty quid 😉

Or on the other hand it won't be necessary after your efforts last season.

Great to see that the pre-season banter has started in earnest between the regulars @Kathy  and @TIL 1010 

Please don’t forget the BOGOF for PUP’s via the canary challenge, for those who’re interested.

OTBC

• Like 1

Big news...

PUPanon2 is funding the Norwich picks for another season. Thanks so much PUPanon2.

I'll sort a rota asap.

You PUPs really are amazing. 

Edited by nutty nigel
🙏🙏💪🏿💪💛⚽💚
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

After all these years, I’ve still not worked out quite what this is - not really a betting man, though nor am I at all opposed to it.  Will happily try to join in this time though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

After all these years, I’ve still not worked out quite what this is - not really a betting man, though nor am I at all opposed to it.  Will happily try to join in this time though.

That's brilliant, thanks buddy. Get involved and you will soon get the hang of it. Don't worry about betting, it's just predicting. You predict a team you think has most chance of winning from each weekends fixtures. Once a season you get to pick the six you like best from everyone's picks and I put the bet on.

We do the Norwich game every weekend too. So you suggest something for that. There's loads of options and the can be confusing but you don't have to worry about them all. Just one pick. I often do a player to score. But you'll pick it up.

It's fun :classic_smile:

• Like 1

Very glad to be aboard for another season. Working on Mrs Wolf, but last year she played for about six weeks and then lost interest... :classic_wink:

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Or on the other hand it won't be necessary after your efforts last season.

Oh come on.  Lightning isn't likely to strike twice two seasons running.

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Very glad to be aboard for another season. Working on Mrs Wolf, but last year she played for about six weeks and then lost interest... :classic_wink:

I hope you are referring to the PUPs and not Mrs Wolf in general! (in which case you done well at six weeks!) 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Kathy said:

Oh come on.  Lightning isn't likely to strike twice two seasons running.

Climate change.

Saluti dall’Italia 🇮🇹….🏔️🦅☀️🏊‍♀️

€11. 74 on its way to you fratello 🕺🦮❤️

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
Wildly inaccurate conversion rate spoiling the excellent joke 👏👏😎
  • Thanks 1

Another season of lower table mediocrity awaits Mr Apples, can't wait! 😭🤣 Cash on its way 💪😍

Apples

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hi nutty and all PUPS, good luck to all for hopefully a very successful season…..I’ll send you £20 tomorrow on PayPal young Nutty.

OTBC

• Thanks 1

Hi nutty, you should have £20 in PayPal from me…

OTBC

• Thanks 1

A gentle reminder for any PUP’s who’ve also entered the Canary Challenge, please send me a private message with your free PUP’s picks. OTBC.