Sign in to follow this  
Rob Whites

So we cross paths again.

Yep, Leeds back in the championship after a 3yr absence of being in a league of VAR, up against teams with mega money and having the joys of winning around 6-8 games all season.

Be rest assured, going straight back up is not a given even though we have a manager who you remember fondly. We are left with the "Victor Orta hangover" with having some dross players on the books on stupidly high wages that no one wants to buy and it's looking like we need to ship out more before we can buy and balance the FFP books. (Gnonto, Harrison,Summerville, Sinisterra)

There is nothing that suggests a bounce back to the prem this season unless Farke really is the Messiah. We are even trialling Sam Byram🫣. I personally don't think it will be an easy ride for Leicester either, they have a totally unproven manager.

Wouldn't be surprised if a team like Boro take the reins. 

See you at Carrow Road and ER.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

Yep, Leeds back in the championship after a 3yr absence of being in a league of VAR, up against teams with mega money and having the joys of winning around 6-8 games all season.

Be rest assured, going straight back up is not a given even though we have a manager who you remember fondly. We are left with the "Victor Orta hangover" with having some dross players on the books on stupidly high wages that no one wants to buy and it's looking like we need to ship out more before we can buy and balance the FFP books. (Gnonto, Harrison,Summerville, Sinisterra)

There is nothing that suggests a bounce back to the prem this season unless Farke really is the Messiah. We are even trialling Sam Byram🫣. I personally don't think it will be an easy ride for Leicester either, they have a totally unproven manager.

Personally Southampton have a great coach with experience in this division, lot of young players and a solid youth system which serves them well.

You guys have a two time winner of this championship out of three seasons down here, that’s with a far poorer squad then he starts with at Leeds. You’re going to be there or there about. My money is the three down have a very real chance of going back up more than other seasons as I can’t remember three bigger teams  being relegated in recent seasons with decent set ups like all three. But there’s never any guarantee it will be tough!

Good luck and with Farke there if by some chance you **** the league there will be a serious melt down on this forum! 😂😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You got to spend three years in the Prem rather than just one? How awful that must have been for you

And the only memorable one was the first year. You know yourself it's not great spending the whole season in the bottom 4

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

You lot will have Farke out by Christmas 

There’s a question!!!! Who will be hounded out first Farke or Wagner!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Indy said:

There’s a question!!!! Who will be hounded out first Farke or Wagner!

McKenna will beat both of them to it. 🙂 

2 hours ago, Indy said:

Personally Southampton have a great coach with experience in this division, lot of young players and a solid youth system which serves them well.

You guys have a two time winner of this championship out of three seasons down here, that’s with a far poorer squad then he starts with at Leeds. You’re going to be there or there about. My money is the three down have a very real chance of going back up more than other seasons as I can’t remember three bigger teams  being relegated in recent seasons with decent set ups like all three. But there’s never any guarantee it will be tough!

Good luck and with Farke there if by some chance you **** the league there will be a serious melt down on this forum! 😂😂

Russ is showing some decent attributes but not what you’d call a great coach so far. Southampton are third favourites to win the league so let’s see what he can do. 

There will always be a surprise team.

Of the teams relegated I suspect Southampton have the best squad equipped for this division but Russ has lots to prove as a manager.  lots of pretty football but zero success so far.

Leicester have lost their two best players but still have plenty of quality still at the moment.

Leeds don't seem to have a squad of players suited to Farke.

No idea how we will fare. Better fitness alone will be an improvement as it was obvious we were lacking in that department last season. Were Rashica to stay, I can see him being a big player in this League.

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You got to spend three years in the Prem rather than just one? How awful that must have been for you

That’s a pretty crap response to that post!    Norwich fans are better than that surely!

Edited by ged in the onion bag

7 hours ago, Rob Whites said:

Not looked good since Bielsa left you. You’ve got a good coach now and no doubt will spend a lot more than us 

Leeds seems to be in a weird situation, primarily because there appears to be a relegation clause in most of Orta's foreign signings that if another club funds their wages in full, they can go there on loan. So Leeds already have four players out on loan, with a fifth soon to join them.

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

Leeds seems to be in a weird situation, primarily because there appears to be a relegation clause in most of Orta's foreign signings that if another club funds their wages in full, they can go there on loan. So Leeds already have four players out on loan, with a fifth soon to join them.

If they go up they get them all back. And it's never so good second time around...

21 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yes we are. Just not to Leeds 😉

Yet another poor response…. You should be better than this by now, you post enough!    No class there. 

He’s a football fan and posted genuinely.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Yet another poor response…. You should be better than this by now, you post enough!    No class there. 

He’s a football fan and posted genuinely.    

Sometimes these chatbots just play up a bit. You have to remember AI is in its infancy

On 23/07/2023 at 10:16, Rob Whites said:

And the only memorable one was the first year. You know yourself it's not great spending the whole season in the bottom 4

Take no notice of him buddy, he doesn't even go to our games so is irrelevant.

6 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

Take no notice of him buddy, he doesn't even go to our games so is irrelevant.

Give the lad a break, he attended a match in the 90s. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 23/07/2023 at 09:51, Rob Whites said:

We are left with the "Victor Orta hangover" with having some dross players on the books on stupidly high wages that no one wants to buy.

That's called "doing a Leeds" isn't it ?
It even has a Wiki page !
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doing_a_Leeds

Interesting a few thinking Southampton will bounce back, they're the one out of the 3 I'd totally written off for promotion. 

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Interesting a few thinking Southampton will bounce back, they're the one out of the 3 I'd totally written off for promotion. 

Top 6 at best, don’t know why folks fancy them. 

On 23/07/2023 at 10:51, Rob Whites said:

Do you feel the club is any stronger from having been in the Premier League for three years?

Thanks for posting Rob, I know some clutch their pearls whenever a supporter of a rival comes on here, but it’s good to get some perspective from outside the yellow and green bubble. 

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 6

Really ambivalent about you guys this season - you have a proven Championship manager who was sorely underfunded once we reached the 'promised' (sic) land. And a really nice guy  to boot.  However, my brother-in-law supports Leeds so hoping you take a massive nosedive (which I think is probably unlikely).  As for us, flip knows what we will do this season - 2 wins against Ipswich will do for a start!

Yes an interesting perspective. Several on here think Leeds have a good squad and will be there or thereabouts for the autos. They may well have been talking them up to mitigate a possible and likely mediocre season for ourselves, but from what I saw of them last season they looked pretty awful. Leicester and Southampton are way better imo.

Perhaps Farke will have an influence but this is a far tougher league than in 20/21.

Many have disagreed and think Farke will be gone before Christmas if they are struggling but the new owners will give him time considering the turmoil the club is in right now, he won't know for weeks who he's got to work with so that credit will carry on well into next year.

On 24/07/2023 at 22:38, littleyellowbirdie said:

Do you feel the club is any stronger from having been in the Premier League for three years?

The team togetherness isn't as strong. Bielsa did wonders with an average team and made them better than what they actually were.

There is no hiding that the board made a total hash of the transfers in the prem which is becoming a hangover in the championship. The problem I don't actually know who will be in the squad by the end of the window because the likes of Sinisterra, Harrison,Gnonto and Adams could still go and will need to be replaced. In a nutshell there are many holes in the team as it stands and there is still work to be done but has to be done within the rules of the EFL. Farke doesn't have a Pukki type in the team.

• Like 1