3 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

The TNC guys are a couple of manchildren. I wouldn't take their posts too seriously

Awww, you've gone and upset them now, say Sorry!

talknorwichcity-ncfc.gif

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Worked well for Luton.

Well coached grafters who understand role and approach is the key

• Like 1

Way too early. I've steered clear of the pre season friendlies pretty much and will continue to do so. 1. I can't stand half paced football and 2. they're are more trouble than they are worth in getting the wrong reaction from fans.

My early suspicion is that we aren't going to be easy on the eye,  primarily work the ball quickly up the pitch and press like hell when it gets there. Sometimes we will go direct, others a bit more possession based. A typical Championship side. 

We just need to be good at what approach we do take.

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

I didn't watch them a great deal other than playoffs and when we played, but weren't they "all-in" on that system that made it work? 

We can't be that with players like Nunez in the middle.

@ZLF beat me to it, they were well-coached grafters. If Nunez gets some of Buendia's workrate, there's nothing stopping him from being the creative pivot with a willingness to get stuck in.

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

If Nunez gets some of Buendia's workrate, there's nothing stopping him from being the creative pivot with a willingness to get stuck in.

So if he becomes a £30m+ player that is physically strong, chases back, gets stuck in and magic on the ball, anytime in the next few months, we'll be ok?  :classic_wink: 

He’ll either be right or wrong. Either way it won’t matter because he can just spout some revisionary b0ll0cks later.

I don’t know why anyone would pay too much heed, he isn’t some tactical genius or astute pundit, he’s just a bloke with an opinion and we see enough of those on here to know their value. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

He’ll either be right or wrong. Either way it won’t matter because he can just spout some revisionary b0ll0cks later.

I don’t know why anyone would pay too much heed, he isn’t some tactical genius or astute pundit, he’s just a bloke with an opinion and we see enough of those on here to know their value. 

💯 % good 👍 analysis 👌. 👏 

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

So if he becomes a £30m+ player that is physically strong, chases back, gets stuck in and magic on the ball, anytime in the next few months, we'll be ok?  :classic_wink: 

Didn't say that. I simply said if he gets Buendia's workrate. Not the whole player. Buendia usually went into more tackles than anyone else in the team when he played and I'm pretty sure he covered more ground than most to boot (when he wasn't chucking a paddy over a foul or decision that went against him). We already know Nunez is more effective further up the pitch and is not a deep-lying playmaker any more than Sara is a defensive midfielder.

As long as he can work hard enough to match what McLean, Sargent and Barnes will certainly be doing, he'll give himself every chance to show what he can do in creative terms.

• Like 2

It’s way too early, it’s all fitness right now.

Personally would have liked one or two more signings through the door but with finances as is we clearly need to move players on which is why we were shop windowing them so much at start of the season.

Nobody’s fault Sainz got injured (presumably), just bad luck as he definitely seems what we need to make Wagner’s system work more effectively.

Wagner gets the same chance Smith had IMO, he needs to show in those first 10 games he’s the man to get a tune out of this squad.

The Championship is so unpredictable. We’ve done well in strong leagues before, poor in weak ones like last year.

Although people might find this laughable but the TNC are quite influential when it comes to shaping the Norwich City narrative.

And I worry this sort of thing reinforces the idea that we should be winning every game at Carrow Road playing champagne football. We are simple not there and unless a spark is found from somewhere we ain’t going to be.

Cue the opposition keeping it tight for first 30 minutes waiting for the crowd to turn on players who are already low on confidence. The result will be a season less successful than last year.

• Like 1

Good to see their realism this year - after stupidly predicting we would win the league last season. 

55 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Good to see their realism this year - after stupidly predicting we would win the league last season. 

Although that does rather show how informed or otherwise their opinions are...

Having said that, the validity of my opinion should be tempered by the fact that before the start of last season I thought we should have achieved a play off spot I suppose ...

7 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Or rather Jack it's main spokesman and the normally more sensible member of them has. Is he right?

Guy is a clucking idiot.

Media is one of the man things that has shot us in the foot every year. Fine thing for one of "ours" to doom say before August had even begun.

It's as bad as that moron who suggested selling our entire defence, sam seaman stains or something.

All of them idiots.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

If people are as premature in the sack at home as they are on here, then there's  an awful lot of disappointed other halves.  

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Google Bot said:

So now, whether Rashica stays and plays or goes out on a cheap is going to define how our season goes.  As I just don't see anyone near capable of what he can deliver.

Utter tosh. Transfer fees are not 'C.O.D. They are paid in instalments over 3 or 4 years. So it is absurd to think we are waiting for Rashida or Aarons to be sold. Only those out of contract sign early.

We have to accept that we may not be the first choice for players. So if we make a bid, then it is likely the agent will try to get a better deal with another club(s). Look down the road. How many have the binners signed? I can guarantee there will be a few more signing there before the window closes. So what is the 'hold up' there ? Waiting for money from big fee player sales ?

47 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Utter tosh. Transfer fees are not 'C.O.D. They are paid in instalments over 3 or 4 years. So it is absurd to think we are waiting for Rashida or Aarons to be sold. Only those out of contract sign early.

We have to accept that we may not be the first choice for players. So if we make a bid, then it is likely the agent will try to get a better deal with another club(s). Look down the road. How many have the binners signed? I can guarantee there will be a few more signing there before the window closes. So what is the 'hold up' there ? Waiting for money from big fee player sales ?

They are paid in installments correct , i have no idea if we have some cash or not ,

but you have to be able to afford the first installment ,

sometimes a 8 million pound fee might be 5 million then 1 million a year over 3 years they are all different ,

Installments do not have to be equal done deal by deal ,

i think that is the hold up with Rashica they want to pay smaller amount as first installment we want a bigger first installment ,

1 hour ago, RobJames said:

Hell you on about?  My post was about making budget available, not method of payment.  You confused mine with another post or something?!

5 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

Although people might find this laughable but the TNC are quite influential when it comes to shaping the Norwich City narrative.

And I worry this sort of thing reinforces the idea that we should be winning every game at Carrow Road playing champagne football. We are simple not there and unless a spark is found from somewhere we ain’t going to be.

Cue the opposition keeping it tight for first 30 minutes waiting for the crowd to turn on players who are already low on confidence. The result will be a season less successful than last year.

I agree but equally our fans need to develop some backbone of their own and try supporting for longer than 30 minutes...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Guy is a clucking idiot.

Media is one of the man things that has shot us in the foot every year. Fine thing for one of "ours" to doom say before August had even begun.

It's as bad as that moron who suggested selling our entire defence, sam seaman stains or something.

All of them idiots.

Fans of the year mind, cracking pair of lads. 

7 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

@ZLF beat me to it, they were well-coached grafters. If Nunez gets some of Buendia's workrate, there's nothing stopping him from being the creative pivot with a willingness to get stuck in.

He already has the work rate, it’s the other attributes he requires

17 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Fans of the year mind, cracking pair of lads. 

Ha, I thought fan of the year was that plastic who only does half the home games because of university then blags a free ticket to hit a drum.

At the point of writing, I think Jack calls it right. Thing is, a lot can change for the better before September & should that happen, I dare say Jack will adjust his thoughts accordingly. I didn't agree with him calling for Farke to be sacked, however I consider him to be an astute, considerate guy - as is Chris Reeve. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

He already has the work rate, it’s the other attributes he requires

Wouldn't mind seeing stats for that. Pretty sure he's nowhere near Buendia for tackling, for starters.

43 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Pretty sure he's nowhere near Buendia for tackling, for starters.

That's ability, not workrate.

9 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Wouldn't mind seeing stats for that. Pretty sure he's nowhere near Buendia for tackling, for starters.

Work rate isn’t tackling!

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Work rate isn’t tackling!

So where are the stats showing he works as hard as Buendia?

22 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Yeah, the tirade he made looks as ridiculous now as it did then.

Is it a tirade to look at our squad as it is and say, I think it's mid table? No it's not, it's a view that many share... I remember the same being said last year.. 13th wasn't it?

10 hours ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

At the point of writing, I think Jack calls it right. Thing is, a lot can change for the better before September & should that happen, I dare say Jack will adjust his thoughts accordingly. I didn't agree with him calling for Farke to be sacked, however I consider him to be an astute, considerate guy - as is Chris Reeve. 

I agree. He is 100% right. This squad is mid table at best, as it stands. It lacks goals and assists. Just look at the facts.

If they add quality it will change. I am not confident in our parting Sporting Directors ability to do that given his record in the last 4 transfer windows. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1