Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Yobocop's Big Question: Who is the Most Obscure Norwich City

11 hours ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Drazan Muzinic, record signing at the time. I think there were questions as to whether he was really a professional footballer, though it was tactfully said that he struggled to communicate with teammates and the management team.

Ako me namjeravate klevetati, napišite moje ime kako treba...😉

• Haha 1

I had a soft spot for Oli Johnson...played a blinder against Southend at home. Got the crowd going that night.

Edited by Drazen Muzinic

1 hour ago, The Raver said:

Clint Easton - great name, average player!

Remember in the play off final when we were 1-0 up and he just knocked it up the line to no one twice in a row,  surrendered possession… the rest they say !!

David Nielsen for me.

Seemingly the best thing Denmark had produced since Lurpak whilst on loan.

Then couldn't hit a dairy cow's rear with a stringed instrument

David Střihavka for me.  Terrible player but I was dating a particularly attractive Czech girl in Oxford at the time and it broke the ice in the stilted conversations with her Dad when he came to visit.  Fortunately before we realised quite how bad a player he was.  But for getting me through that long, awkward weekend I'll always be grateful to Big Dave ... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CardiffCanary said:

Great shout …Didn’t he become a woman ?

No you are thinking of Tony Powell who allegedly liked to dress as a woman.

Anyone mentioned Matthieu Louis-Jean yet? 2 appearances in nearly 2 years I think?

Neil Emblen? looked like a good signing on paper, plenty of experience. Chronic injuries meant he wasn't remembered as part of that Worthy promotion chasing side

On 12/07/2023 at 14:48, Mr Angry said:

Not many did but I was at the one game that he played-in fact I was talking about it last night with my brother.

If I recall correctly, it was a Friday night at  Wimbledon just before Christmas. I might be wrong? He got Fashanued 😔

I used to go to virtually every game in those days, but that was one game I skipped 

I remember getting excited about Henrik Mortenson being our new striker. Think he only scored once in the Zenith Data systems cup in 1991 v Brighton. (A 5-0 win?)

Also remember Colin Woodthorpe sxore in a 3-0 win v Liverpool, who didn't play may but was from an Everton supporting family 

Simon Charlton was just completely obscure and somehow ended up as our central defender in the prem 

Edited by glory.win or die.

On 12/07/2023 at 10:47, Herman said:

The footballer/skat singer Papa Booba Doop, or something like that. 

Didn't he play one gave v QPR looking very quick and exciting ( if chaotic) style and then soat at the QPR fans.

Not a player but can anyone remember the streaker in black underwear from around 1989 or 90 v QPR that's pretty obscure.

25 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

Didn't he play one gave v QPR looking very quick and exciting ( if chaotic) style and then soat at the QPR fans.

Not a player but can anyone remember the streaker in black underwear from around 1989 or 90 v QPR that's pretty obscure.

As said on a previous page was Pape Seydou Diop not Papa Bouba Diop who was at Fulham 

but you are right about the QPR incident think he played about 10 

10 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

As said on a previous page was Pape Seydou Diop not Papa Bouba Diop who was at Fulham 

but you are right about the QPR incident think he played about 10 

I had to look up his stats. He played around 100 games in a ten year career. Unless he was a complete sick note that is a bit odd.

17 minutes ago, Herman said:

I had to look up his stats. He played around 100 games in a ten year career. Unless he was a complete sick note that is a bit odd.

He was a complete sick head and mentalist haha 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Unhinged Canary said:

Harry Kane.

Useless.

I thought he looked OK whilst he was with us. Too short a time to really tell of course but the runs and overall movement was there, if anything, his teammates weren't quite plugged in to how he operated as a player, having been more used to Holty and Morison. Like the transition from Pukki to Sergent, albeit in reverse. He snatched at chances, think West Ham was the one everyone remembers but had that gone in AND he didn't get injured (I know, if and if!) we may now have very different memories of Kane.

Chelsea fans were glad to see the back of Salah and Du Bruyne at the time as well! Sometimes things just don't click. Think Mike Sheron briefly turned into a goal scoring regular after he left us too. 

On 13/07/2023 at 01:00, CardiffCanary said:

Remember in the play off final when we were 1-0 up and he just knocked it up the line to no one twice in a row,  surrendered possession… the rest they say !!

To balance this, he provided the assist for all 3 of our goals in the semi against Wolves.

15 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

If I recall correctly, it was a Friday night at  Wimbledon just before Christmas. I might be wrong? He got Fashanued 😔

I used to go to virtually every game in those days, but that was one game I skipped 

Whenever it was, it was raining, I had my umbrella confiscated at the turnstiles, got wet and had to wait for half an hour after the match to get it back.

11 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

Erik Fuglestad

Ulf Ottoson

Victor Segura

I remember Fuglestad as being an ok player. Neither terrible nor top class.

Adrian Pennock. 

Seemed to be at the club for ages, can only remember him playing once in a thrashing at Southampton. He had massive hair, think it got in his eyes and distracted him every time he went up for a header. 

Brought back memories as a kid this thread…

John Hartson- I remember his shorts looking circus tents!

Carl Bradshaw - Didn’t he end up biting the finger of a taxi driver and served time?

Darel Russel - When he came back. From memory there might have been some animosity from fans when he rejected a contract offer the first time. So we sold him, bought him back at higher price a few years later, then he turned down another contract and we sold him again.

Shaun Carey - signed a professional contract after coming up from youth team. Was on our books for years it seemed, but didn’t make many appearances? Was it due to injury? I really can’t remember much about him or what he did?

Jason Jarrett - Enough said the better.

Peter Thorne - As above

Jurgen Colin - Big things were expected of him.

Yanic Wildschut - fairly recent, but nearly fell off my chair when I read we payed up to £7 million for him!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mario Harper****e said:

Colin Woodthorpe

David Smith

Jason Minnett

All the best Keith Scott

Antoine Sibierski

Amended