Soldier on

Is Rashica going on the training camp …

If he were coming back, I think we would have seen him by now. That, and we've given Sainz his number.

I'd say its pretty likely he's not currently in England.

47 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Did hear on the grapevine the other day that he's happy to stay with us but

That does sound like nonsense

He has interest from Galatasaray, La Liga and the Premier League. I wouldn’t want to be at The Championship’s 13th best team.

I guess he is either on holiday or at home claiming a wage from us. I think it’s a clear he doesn’t want to play second tier football and that we also want shot of him at the right price. Having him at the training camp wouldn’t add to the team bonding plan, we just need him sold so we have some transfer funds.

• Like 1

He can be good enough, even for the Prem. He demonstrated that at the beginning of that Premier League season when he was possibly our most outstanding player.

It didn't last long though and even then he failed to achieve that much. As our fortunes decreased so did his form. He was quite awful towards the end in the Chumps. He seemed to lack commitment, despite his handsome wage.

I would be delighted with that reported £6-7 million added to our transfer fund, but it needs to speed up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

I guess he is either on holiday or at home claiming a wage from us. I think it’s a clear he doesn’t want to play second tier football and that we also want shot of him at the right price. Having him at the training camp wouldn’t add to the team bonding plan, we just need him sold so we have some transfer funds.

On the beach 3 days ago on holiday according to his Instagram 

5 minutes ago, Haus said:

On the beach 3 days ago on holiday according to his Instagram 

Pink'Un boys mentioned this as well within their Lynn friendly comments. I'm sure their source was the same as yours, as I feel they get very little from the club direct nowadays apart from pre- and post-match comments. The fact Pink'Un are sending 3 journo's out to Germany for this trip does give them a chance to build bridges however, we may see a different information flow on their return.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

He can be good enough, even for the Prem. He demonstrated that at the beginning of that Premier League season when he was possibly our most outstanding player.

It didn't last long though and even then he failed to achieve that much. As our fortunes decreased so did his form. He was quite awful towards the end in the Chumps. He seemed to lack commitment, despite his handsome wage.

I would be delighted with that reported £6-7 million added to our transfer fund, but it needs to speed up.

Are you getting him mixed up with Tzolis?

8 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Are you getting him mixed up with Tzolis?

No I expressed it badly. I was referring to the four games he (Rashica) played in the Chumps before his loan.

Reports saying his transfer is completed once back off holiday. He’s been given extended leave  for his international appearances 

24 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Reports saying his transfer is completed once back off holiday. He’s been given extended leave  for his international appearances 

I don’t doubt you but where are these reports ?

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

No I expressed it badly. I was referring to the four games he (Rashica) played in the Chumps before his loan.

He was truly awful in those games, I can't believe a professional could be so transparent at showing such disinterest and furthermore how a coach could play without knowing this existed.

I do wonder if there was a breakdown between himself and Smith, yet forced to play him to put in the window.  Whatever the reason, it's so poor to be drawing a kind wage and not doing your best as a professional.

3 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Oh yes, I read it as the end of the season, sorry! Could apply equally to Tzolis, though I think he has still got a chance.

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Did hear on the grapevine the other day that he's happy to stay with us but

That does sound like nonsense

From the man that reposts every link he ever sees, where is your link for this grapevine news? 

1 hour ago, SwearyCanary said:

From the man that reposts every link he ever sees, where is your link for this grapevine news? 

This I believe was Twitter murmurs, as ever the story got a little twisted down the line. As far as I know, it's from an interview he did in which he was asked about his immediate future and he said something like 'if nothing is agreed with Galatasaray, I will be back at Norwich this summer'. Chinese whispers smudged the message a bit to say he was happy to come back.

Him and Aarons will be confirmed gone before the team get back from Germany IMO

• Like 1

It's probably better he stays away as he seeks a move elsewhere. Hopefully sooner the better. We need the money to reinvest in some Brazilian players no one has heard of

Edited by jaberry2

Delia has got him doing kitchen duties- washing dishes- etc that should do to keep him fit and nimble on his feet

Perhaps he will join the training camp, or more likely will return to Colney to train on his own in the meantime?

Whether people like it or not he's still our player and needs to be in the best possible shape so we get the best price. Spending all summer laying on a beach is no good for player or club.

Even Kane, who's unlikely to be at Spurs next season, is returning for pre season training.

4 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I'd like to see Rashica remain here at NCFC....

I would also like to see that scenario unfold.  Pointless letting him go on the cheap, as we've lost Sainz which could be until December knowing our luck.

Get the feeling his contract is high wage though, and we're just as much of a reason for him going out as he is.

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

I would also like to see that scenario unfold.  Pointless letting him go on the cheap, as we've lost Sainz which could be until December knowing our luck.

Get the feeling his contract is high wage though, and we're just as much of a reason for him going out as he is.

I would have liked to see him stay to but get the feeling its all a bit to late, especially in his mind, after having a decent season with a Turkish giant, plus  maybe age has a factor?

His partner at Bremen, Sarge, followed him here and has always shown commitment and seemingly always been happy here. Tzolis to,  after a loan away, seemed content to be  back here and is now part of the squad, even if a work in progress. But both these guys are a good few years younger than Milot who is arguably coming into his prime years and having tasted a good season away from his home club naturally would likely fancy more of that.

20 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

But both these guys are a good few years younger than Milot who is arguably coming into his prime years and having tasted a good season away from his home club naturally would likely fancy more of that.

Oh I get that, but if Gala haven't or can't justify the going rate then we're not a charity and he also needs to accept that we have ambition too.  And while he may view it as a wasted year in the EFL, it's a massive chance to stand out too.

Usually a player wanting a move out will put on a display to get the best club they can, with Rashica we didn't see that in the few games he played start of season, So I wonder if the club were most active in pushing him out the door as they were either ill-equipped to motivate him, or finance his wages.

Wagner may have a different perspective on the player and be able to motivate him to play for us in the EFL, and Webber may be of the thinking that selling him at a lost costs us more as a club than just taking the wage hit for the season .

5 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I may have missed him, but didn't see him in this video.

I watched Onel's Vlog this morning and couldn't see Rashica in that either. What I found most surprising about the video was that the team got on a prop plane to Germany instead of a jet, must be saving a few quid!

10 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

I'd like to see Rashica remain here at NCFC....

I’d like a trip to legoland with Sean Connery followed by a nice lamb lunch in Windsor but that’s not going to happen either I’m afraid.

I'm really not sure what people see in him to want him anywhere near our team. In my mind he's nowhere near good enough. Sure, he has some technical ability, but his lack of vision and awareness and general inability to pick an obvious pass makes him more of a liability than an asset. The number of times we saw him either not spot or just decide not to pass to an unmarked teammate with a clear run at goal makes me hope to never see him play for us again.

• Thanks 1