https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66105649

First team to appoint a woman in a senior coaching position. I'm not a fan of womens football but really can't see why a woman can't coach a mans team. It will be interesting to see how she gets on. If she's successful there may be clubs thinking about the current England manager once their World Cup has finished. 

Pretty sure this has already happened in France or Italy

• Like 2

Best of luck to her, Forest Green are a club that likes to do things differently to everyone else so interesting to see how it goes.

A lot of pressure involved now, mind. Either way it goes she will likely be held up as an example in future.

• Like 2

Good luck to her, I hope she's got the position on merit which is possible as she's only worked in the men's game previously. However with it being Dale Vince I worry about it being a publicity stunt.

• Like 2

Good luck to her. Pick the best person for the job and if that is Hannah then get on with it. 

• Like 1

Good luck to her

I do believe that there are worst things going on in the world, than a first female caretaker football coach, at a professional football club. 

The world has gone mad. Its a mad mad mad mad mad world, outside of football

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Same team that only serve vegan food and put blanked out stars on their kits for 'future achivments'

Yeah sounds about right

What is wrong with you?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bert said:

The world has gone mad 

Why? Because a heterosexual middle aged white man didn't get the job? She's there on merit if you read up about it. Hugely respected academy coach there since 2019.

Edited by Michael Starr
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

What is wrong with you?

Nothing against the women taking the job just the club itself is a bit of a basket case

Come on, they added blank stars to their kit. 

4 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Best of luck to her, Forest Green are a club that likes to do things differently to everyone else so interesting to see how it goes.

A lot of pressure involved now, mind. Either way it goes she will likely be held up as an example in future.

Rivals to us then. Remember though that Delia doesn't like Green.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Rivals to us then. Remember though that Delia doesn't like Green.

She told me that he was her favourite goalkeeper.

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

She told me that he was her favourite goalkeeper.

Fair enough. I had in mind the Bruce Oldfield thing and the flights.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

Fair enough. I had in mind the Bruce Oldfield thing and the flights.

That might be the way forward, you tell us all what you had in mind.

• Haha 1

My good friend and former colleague Rosi is the current manager of Stanway Pegasus and is/was the highest ranked female manager in the men’s game in England. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62925412.amp

Ultra proud of what she has achieved and a clear indication of the how woman are progressing within both the male and female format of the game here in the UK 

Good luck to Hannah at Forest Green hope she gets the gig full time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

Why? Because a heterosexual middle aged white man didn't get the job? She's there on merit if you read up about it. Hugely respected academy coach there since 2019.

Binner 

Well looks like we can strike FGR off the list of possible clubs Stuart Webber will leave us for.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well looks like we can strike FGR off the list of possible clubs Stuart Webber will leave us for.

Can't we think of another Webber to put in contention? Will need to be green enough for the man from Great Yarmouth.

The only remarkable thing about this appointment is that it should be remarkable 23 years into the 21st century. I run on neutral in all things gender argument, as indeed do many of my friends, some of whom just happen to be gay. 

Dale Vince’s book ‘Manifesto’ is a really interesting read … I’d recommend it …

As for female managers that Wiegman looks like she knows her stuff … better than Lampard or Gerrard or some of those other chumps I’d say ….

19 hours ago, crispeduk said:

The only remarkable thing about this appointment is that it should be remarkable 23 years into the 21st century. I run on neutral in all things gender argument, as indeed do many of my friends, some of whom just happen to be gay. 

Weird considering your post that you felt this worth mentioning. 

8 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Weird considering your post that you felt this worth mentioning. 

Reinforcing the point that such things can go unnoticed and it's normal not to have childish prejudices? We had an angle called comprehension when I went to school.

7 hours ago, crispeduk said:

Reinforcing the point that such things can go unnoticed and it's normal not to have childish prejudices? We had an angle called comprehension when I went to school.

Sorry Dutch, that was a bit harsh (bad hair day), if you read it again I think you'll get the drift of what I was driving at, if not maybes I could've worded it better. Have a nice night.

Fantastic. Appoint the best for the job. Given a choice between her and Dean Smith, who would you have here next?

Pity it wasn’t us really, the Delia/Zoe/Whoever she is dynamic would’ve been facking brilliant. And the grudging harrumphing if she was a success haha 

The stuff that could make PinkUn threads of all time! 

• Like 1