hogesar

First definitive ground expansion confirmation?

Didn’t we pretty-much get this info last year from one of those club videos?  I can’t remember, but I’m sure there was something about having taken on architects and Liverpool being mentioned 

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Are you paying!?!

With the amount of money we should have banked from multiple Premier League seasons there’s no reason this couldn’t already have been funded. 

• Haha 1

Pie in the sky.

it just can’t happen, maybe it’s best that it doesn’t.

Carrow road and grounds like it are national treasures tbh. So many new emotionless grounds…

Carrow Road should be allowed to age like a fine wine

Sounds more like a feasibility study. 

I'm not holding my breath and to be brutally honest I'm more concerned about what I see on the pitch right now.

Maybe we'll wait for the next pandemic to come along and close the ground.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

It's about safe standing not hugh ground redevelopment 

Dissapointing then if it's that how big a development they make it sound. Imagine it was an expansion it would never be finished by the time the Pharoah needed it.

Just now, KiwiScot said:

Imagine it was an expansion it would never be finished by the time the Pharoah needed it.

Pharoah Road?

Cologne Cathedral needed a, oh, five-hundred year gap. And Sagrada Familia still isn't bloody finished.

More chance of seeing us in the Champions League and ground expansion 

If we have a similar to last season then 18000 crowds will be norm

Liverpool are rebuilding their Anfield Rd end while it is still being used , I guess we're looking at a similar scenario with the City Stand.

25 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Stop making excuses and just get it done!

Yeah! And fix the economy, NHS and the education system next week too. 🤬

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

Safe standing doesn't increase capacity, just replaces seating with standing. Why would they be working with the Liverpool architects if it were just about safe standing?

15 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

Hugh is fine as he is, leave him alone.

His brother Shaky on the other hand…

Well call me cynical but I don't think any current hierarchy at NCFC will be putting their clenched hands into their tardis type. wallets, pockets and akin to fort knox purses....to in anyway assist in funding the proposed new City Stand's future construction....

They'll maybe though as they have probably done for the last 15 years or so....discuss it at halftime as they spit crumbs at each other whilst minimum wage earning forelock tuggin' subservient waiting staff massage their superiors throats as they force foie gras style the gargantuan amounts of complimentary hor d'oeuvres, nibbles and finger foods on offer....."Yom yom yom" An' all washed down with expensio tinto an' blanco Vino collapsio...."Burrrrrp!"....

Hope I'm wrong?.... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, daly said:

More chance of seeing us in the Champions League and ground expansion 

If we have a similar to last season then 18000 crowds will be norm

Well that would mean the City Stand could be totally shut and would probably be the cheaper option 😉

Seriously though the club is going to have to find a way of a short term reduction in season tickets vs balancing revenue. Even if someone were to fund the entire build the issue is where to find room for all the City Stand season ticket holders. 

The trouble is the stand is so small that you can't do much without having to close the whole lot.

Delia and Mickey’s legacy? Sell up and have their favourite vantage point redeveloped as the final act. The Yanks don’t have to profit, just create new shares to a cats home or give them to Essex. 

6 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Well call me cynical but I don't think any current hierarchy at NCFC will be putting their clenched hands into their tardis type. wallets, pockets and akin to fort knox purses....to in anyway assist in funding the proposed new City Stand's future construction....

They'll maybe though as they have probably done for the last 15 years or so....discuss it at halftime as they spit crumbs at each other whilst minimum wage earning forelock tuggin' subservient waiting staff massage their superiors throats as they force foie gras style the gargantuan amounts of complimentary hor d'oeuvres, nibbles and finger foods on offer....."Yom yom yom" An' all washed down with expensio tinto an' blanco Vino collapsio...."Burrrrrp!"....

Hope I'm wrong?.... 

No, you’re bang on. 

I said during COVID let's sell max and redevelop the south stand , now Max's value has dropped big time and building costs have gone thru the roof , we missed a golden opportunity no fans for a long time at carrow road , such a shame

Edited by Canary dwarf

30 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

Have they not been working on plans for the past four(+) years now? Feels like they say this every year..

Four? Try 14. 

2 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

I said during COVID let's sell max and redevelop the south stand , now Max's value has dropped big time and building costs have gone thru the roof , we missed a golden opportunity no fans for a long time at carrow road , such a same

Maybe. If they hadn't recruited some of the others and have avoided paying salaries to them it may have helped better.

19 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Safe standing doesn't increase capacity, just replaces seating with standing. Why would they be working with the Liverpool architects if it were just about safe standing?

We will see, Carter's are probably reading the plans already lol 

10 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

I said during COVID let's sell max and redevelop the south stand , now Max's value has dropped big time and building costs have gone thru the roof , we missed a golden opportunity no fans for a long time at carrow road , such a shame

Could have been the Cantwell and Aarons stand. £60m was the minimum asking price for the pair back then. The river end is thought of as the ‘Kevin Reeves Stand’ so we’ve been there before. 

17 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Could have been the Cantwell and Aarons stand. £60m was the minimum asking price for the pair back then. The river end is thought of as the ‘Kevin Reeves Stand’ so we’ve been there before. 

I said something similar, possibly even before COVID hit. We had Aarons, Godfrey, Lewis, Cantwell and Buendia with a combined market value of £100-120m, and could easily have funded the rebuild by selling three, possibly four, of them and spending the bulk of it on taking the capacity to 33-35,000.