hogesar

First definitive ground expansion confirmation?

On 29/06/2023 at 10:22, yellowrider120 said:

Discounted because of a complete lackĀ of willingness to positively consider it more like. Other clubs have (and continue to) find these 'alternative sites' and have successfully addressed the 'planning' aspects. Why should NCFC not be able to do the same??

Basically because they do not need to. Carrow Road is ideally placed in the City and because the club was sensible enough to buy packages of land has room for much needed expansion. It is close to the city centre and on a sustainability front close to the railway station. There is no other site on the area that would meet those criteria. Why would you want to build a ground well away from transport links?

10 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Basically because they do not need to. Carrow Road is ideally placed in the City and because the club was sensible enough to buy packages of land has room for much needed expansion. It is close to the city centre and on a sustainability front close to the railway station. There is no other site on the area that would meet those criteria. Why would you want to build a ground well away from transport links?

Indeed but the packages of land were purchased more than a quarter of a century ago by the previous principal (though not majority) shareholder. It is just that nothing has been done about the "much needed expansion' under the current regime whether involving the most user friendly option of Carrow Road or arguably a more economic and interim operationally pragmatic one of a new location. Many clubs of similar and smaller stature have righly or wrongly gone for the latter.Ā 

12 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Went and took a photo this week, this is where they are building the stadiumā€¦

Wouldn't want to walk into you on a dark night, you must be about 18 foot tall!

42 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Indeed but the packages of land were purchased more than a quarter of a century ago by the previous principal (though not majority) shareholder. It is just that nothing has been done about the "much needed expansion' under the current regime whether involving the most user friendly option of Carrow Road or arguably a more economic and interim operationally pragmatic one of a new location. Many clubs of similar and smaller stature have righly or wrongly gone for the latter.Ā 

Read that again.... you are so desperate to comment you have said essentially...maybe yes , maybe No, some haveĀ  , some havent. MovingĀ  may or may not be wise.Ā  A load of waffle that you couldn't actually twist enough to be an effectiveĀ  dig.

Losing your touch as well as yourĀ  money ? Ha ha ha .

52 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I think you will find the packages of land being mentioned here are the ones at the rear of the City Stand and Barclay corner purchased in very recent years under i am sorry to inform you since Zoe Webber came onto the payroll. Purchased with a view of redevelopment of said stand.

Edited by TIL 1010

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think you will find the packages of land being mentioned here are the ones at the rear of the City Stand and Barclay corner purchased in very recent years under i am sorry to inform you since Zoe Webber came onto the payroll. Purchased with a view of redevelopment of said stand.

Can't be true as it doesn't fit the narrative , anyway as ZW probably bought it herself and sold it to the ClubĀ  at a profit as that's obviously why shes here .

PS I dont thinkĀ  you are sorry at all to shoot him down so succinctly.Ā Ā 

Edited by wcorkcanary

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Wouldn't want to walk into you on a dark night, you must be about 18 foot tall!

Just 6ā€™ā€™4 ; - )Ā 

Alas this photo was taken on the 2nd floor of the multi story car park attached to the indoor market and mall in LutonĀ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/20733568.agm-city-confirm-land-purchases-around-carrow-road-part-expansion-strategy/

7 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

As I recall when Ben was still around.

7 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Read that again.... you are so desperate to comment you have said essentially...maybe yes , maybe No, some haveĀ  , some havent. MovingĀ  may or may not be wise.Ā  A load of waffle that you couldn't actually twist enough to be an effectiveĀ  dig.

Losing your touch as well as yourĀ  money ? Ha ha ha .

Many people wanted a Hospital in town but they got one out of town. I wonder why?

58 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Is that the best you can do ?

Edited by TIL 1010

8 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Ā 

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

A very feeble attempt to deflect the fact that it isn't 25 years since the club bought those plots of land.

Why not just fess up that you were wrong Essex ?

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Many people wanted a Hospital in town but they got one out of town. I wonder why?

You are proving every day that your stupidity knows no bounds. Comparing a hospital ( 24 hr access, in useĀ  all day every day etc etc) to a footy ground ...(used a few times a week at mostĀ  for a few hours byĀ  thousands who then disperse etc etc )Ā  isĀ  truly the daftest thing to come from you , I think , but has a few competitorsĀ  now I reflect. Give up man, the more you stamp your feet like a child, the less seriously anyone will take you.. It's hard to believe that you'reĀ  an adult.

21 hours ago, Commonsense said:

I agree re the positioning of FCR and in particular its close proximity to the station. I have never said we should move stadiums rather that this should be an option in conjunction with local authorities to site other facilities also. FCR cannot do that - FACT.

Ā Ā 

17 hours ago, essex canary said:

It that the same Ben who was a leading light in the current Away membership scheme which you greatly admire ?

• Haha 1