I appreciate an expert on here has stated Arrons would never be interested in a move to the Cottagers. Personally I think that’s as good as it’s getting for where he is now career wise. 

2 minutes ago, not a clue said:

£10 million…?

About right with some add ons. The lad has stagnated being stuck here and needs the move. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

About right with some add ons. The lad has stagnated being stuck here and needs the move. 

Spot on. We need the money and he needs the move. 

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

cottagers.. Come.. down.. I can't the jokes are writing themselves

Go on then....... 

5 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

I’ve been very reliably informed he’s off to Roma 

I hope you’re right - a better career move, and give Max a really amazing life experience.  Fulham feels like a meh option, financial we do not mind.

24 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I hope you’re right - a better career move, and give Max a really amazing life experience.  Fulham feels like a meh option, financial we do not mind.

He missed the Barca boat... Hope he gets to Roma. 

10million. Come on, really? How has it got this bad!? 

Answer. Mr s webber. Who could argue otherwise.

To max, he deserves all the best, stuck with us and good player. Hope it works out however best for him.

10 million upfront perhaps, with add ons taking it further. Would be foolish to turn down Roma though if it is genuinely on the table for him

People won't like this and think the club are being too soft, but I think there's a strong indication that we want what's best for him as he doesn't really owe us anything in truth.  He's been very professional, had interest in the past, never sulked, and I don't think the club want to slap a 15m+ price tag on him and stand in his way. 

The way he's been playing I don't think he's really worth much more than 10m.  But his potential remains far greater, all parties know he needs a good move out. 

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

£10-15m for a player in the last year of his contract is good business 

I doubt Maddisons agent thinks that

53 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Me. How on earth can you blame Webber for a player not being sold?! Honestly, what utter dribble. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Different shops though mate

30 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Dunno, a lot of them get a percentage of the salary the player earns so probably not too fussed about the transfer fee unless it hits a certain figure, of course.

48 minutes ago, AJ said:

10 million upfront perhaps, with add ons taking it further. Would be foolish to turn down Roma though if it is genuinely on the table for him

51 minutes ago, Taylor324 said:

10 million sounds low to me, he's lost his potential for greatness but surely he's still worth 15 -17m?

Honestly, I think you have to step back and look at the situation to fully appreciate it.

Max himself is a player who has depreciated in value by his involvement in a failed season. He is tainted by two quite frankly awful Premier League seasons in which he was part of one of the worst Premier League defences in history.

He's now left with just a year on his contract. One more season and he walks for absolutely nothing, where because he's on a free, he gets the pick of moves. Instead, it does seem like the lad is doing what's right by us and is going to seek a transfer this season. A good act by a player who has been an incredible servant to this club. 

To that end, clubs are going to look at us and see we want money to rebuild, see we are on the final year of parachute payments which have already been spent and think we are an easy target. I wouldn't be surprised if we have laughed off offers already of just a couple of million. 

£10m for Aarons, with the club known to need to sell coming off the back of a season of failure in which Aarons himself has stagnated and in the final year of a deal he's never going to extend means we are largely going to have to take the best of whatever offer comes our way. And while we're not going to be taken advantage of, I would be shocked if we get more than £6m/£7m up front with maybe, at the very most, another £3m in add ons?

A good example is Watford. They sold Joao Pedro to Brighton for £30m. He'd been spoken about in connection of £45m/£50m moves a season or two ago. Still had until 2028 to run on his contract too. 

• Like 3

I think with add ons the fee will be well over £10m. England U21/23 international, right back, full of potential, loyal and a player who doesn’t suffer regular niggly injuries.

Roma  would be an excellent well deserved move. I hope he goes on and does extremely well.

• Like 2

U21 euro finals starts for England tomorrow, a real shop window for him to shine and get the move we both need. 

13 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Honestly, I think you have to step back and look at the situation to fully appreciate it.

Max himself is a player who has depreciated in value by his involvement in a failed season. He is tainted by two quite frankly awful Premier League seasons in which he was part of one of the worst Premier League defences in history.

He's now left with just a year on his contract. One more season and he walks for absolutely nothing, where because he's on a free, he gets the pick of moves. Instead, it does seem like the lad is doing what's right by us and is going to seek a transfer this season. A good act by a player who has been an incredible servant to this club. 

To that end, clubs are going to look at us and see we want money to rebuild, see we are on the final year of parachute payments which have already been spent and think we are an easy target. I wouldn't be surprised if we have laughed off offers already of just a couple of million. 

£10m for Aarons, with the club known to need to sell coming off the back of a season of failure in which Aarons himself has stagnated and in the final year of a deal he's never going to extend means we are largely going to have to take the best of whatever offer comes our way. And while we're not going to be taken advantage of, I would be shocked if we get more than £6m/£7m up front with maybe, at the very most, another £3m in add ons?

A good example is Watford. They sold Joao Pedro to Brighton for £30m. He'd been spoken about in connection of £45m/£50m moves a season or two ago. Still had until 2028 to run on his contract too. 

@Terminally Yellow from your point above, i do retract my previous statement - i wasnt blaming sw for it all,.but its sad to see how the crown jewels all went. But good point

21 hours ago, NeymarSmith said:

To max, he deserves all the best, stuck with us and good player. Hope it works out however best for him.

Because of his 'plateauing' form (and that's being kind) + Webber slapped a price tag of £30M+ on his head in the summer of 2021. Guess what, no-one paid it! 

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Because of his 'plateauing' form (and that's being kind) + Webber slapped a price tag of £30M+ on his head in the summer of 2021. Guess what, no-one paid it! 

Don’t forget the same price put on Cantwell, £60m (conservatively) is now probably £10m max.

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Don’t forget the same price put on Cantwell, £60m (conservatively) is now probably £10m max.

Yes, but we kept the player(s) - you make your choices, it is what it is and hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Yes, but we kept the player(s) - you make your choices, it is what it is and hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

It’s a shame Cantwell went for nowt but to be fair to Webber I doubt he was the easiest to please. Regarding Max, he was good but not that good and no one wanted to pay. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s a shame Cantwell went for nowt but to be fair to Webber I doubt he was the easiest to please. Regarding Max, he was good but not that good and no one wanted to pay. 

I’d have definitely sold Max a few seasons ago if we could - no doubt he’s a decent player, but we’ve been lacking solidity for some time and his sale could have helped install some.